Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 12/21/2016 6:42:11 PM   
Aurelian

quote:

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

quote:

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

Well I cant rename my cities and few other issues, so I put this back on the shelf until it is patch. Feel funny when I play Japan, Tokyo was born in the middle of no where inland. They need to setup something when the game begins, for example: Japan starts near the coast, Egypt starts near flood plains and rivers, etc.

Where they get placed is random. There are map mods which put them in historical locations, more or less.

I did played the Earth map mod, it was really impressive, only the cities need to be name in the proper locations. Random didn't cut it though, just didn't feel right.

It was never meant to be historical. If it was, you couldn't even play most civs from the beginning. The city names are more chrome than anything else. And every civ using the same tech/civics tree......

This is probably more up your ally though: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhye%27s_and_Fall_of_Civilization

< Message edited by Aurelian -- 12/21/2016 6:43:30 PM >

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 181
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 12/21/2016 7:47:36 PM   
Zap

quote:

ORIGINAL: wings7

A new update...
http://steamcommunity.com/games/289070/announcements/detail/599374259662898714
A new "Poland Civilization & Scenario Pack"...
http://store.steampowered.com/app/512033/
A new "Vikings Scenario Pack" (very negatively received)...
http://store.steampowered.com/app/512032/

I'm guessing these packs are not free. Right now having them doesn't matter much to me I still have not made an upgrade to my laptop so Civilization is unplayable for me.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 182
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 12/21/2016 10:50:33 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zap

quote:

A new update...
http://steamcommunity.com/games/289070/announcements/detail/599374259662898714
A new "Poland Civilization & Scenario Pack"...
http://store.steampowered.com/app/512033/
A new "Vikings Scenario Pack" (very negatively received)...
http://store.steampowered.com/app/512032/

I'm guessing these packs are not free. Right now having them doesn't matter much to me I still have not made an upgrade to my laptop so Civilization is unplayable for me.

Yes, the packs are paid.

Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 183
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 12/21/2016 11:05:22 PM   
Yogi the Great

If you buy the basic version of the game the packs are pay for additions.

There is a Deluxe version of the game that includes them.

Of course as wit CIV4 & CIV5 there are expected to be new updates for pay in the future as well.

Hooked Since AH Gettysburg

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 184
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 12/22/2016 1:52:31 AM   
Zap

Paid updates projected hmmm. If those updates come at frequently as do the updates for steam (every time I turn on the computer steam is updating) that could get expensive. Unless they at going to charge 99cents an upgrade.

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 185
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 12/22/2016 2:24:20 AM   
JamesM

Must admit I found this version of Civilization to be dumbed down, it feels like a glorified carton game. As a result I have gone back to Civ V

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 186
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 12/22/2016 12:21:37 PM   
Capitaine

I couldn't disagree more. Civ VI is way beyond Civ V. The worker/builder mechanics and road building are just two brilliant features I love. There are some issues which need to be adjusted or tuned but the base game is an advance and much better.

(in reply to JamesM)
Post #: 187
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 12/22/2016 12:32:51 PM   
Yogi the Great

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zap

Paid updates projected hmmm. If those updates come at frequently as do the updates for steam (every time I turn on the computer steam is updating) that could get expensive. Unless they at going to charge 99cents an upgrade.

Maybe I should have used the word "expansions" instead of the updates.

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 188
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 12/22/2016 5:39:30 PM   
Hotschi

The patch is for free, the 2 packs are 4.99 € each. Almost all negative comments about Vikings on Steam are about being charged for the 2 packs. To this I can only say that nobody is forced to buy them, 4.99 is about the same as for 1 box of cigarettes or 1.5 beers at the local publican, and to be honest 4.99 is just about nothing.

It's always the usual suspects who complain about being charged for something - how dare they charge, it's a rip-off! Hey nothing is for free in this world (even death costs you the funeral) and Software developers don't do this stuff just for fun they have a life too, and that costs - surprise surprise - money as well.

"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 189
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 12/22/2016 5:55:33 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hotschi

The patch is for free, the 2 packs are 4.99 € each. Almost all negative comments about Vikings on Steam are about being charged for the 2 packs. To this I can only say that nobody is forced to buy them, 4.99 is about the same as for 1 box of cigarettes or 1.5 beers at the local publican, and to be honest 4.99 is just about nothing.

It's always the usual suspects who complain about being charged for something - how dare they charge, it's a rip-off! Hey nothing is for free in this world (even death costs you the funeral) and Software developers don't do this stuff just for fun they have a life too, and that costs - surprise surprise - money as well.

Well said!

Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427

(in reply to Hotschi)
Post #: 190
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 12/22/2016 5:57:19 PM   
LarryP

I look at the negative reviews for a lot of DLC and they are mostly because of how much they are being charged. I agree with what you said, they don't have to buy it, so just post about the quality of the DLC and NOT the price. If you don't like the price of something, move on.

(in reply to Hotschi)
Post #: 191
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 12/25/2016 12:50:36 AM   
goodwoodrw

Hey my son just gave me a hard copy for Christmas installing it now

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 192
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 12/25/2016 10:55:09 AM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: BASB

Hey my son just gave me a hard copy for Christmas installing it now

Awesome! Enjoy!

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 193
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 12/30/2016 7:04:49 PM   
gazdadude

really struggling to get into this one

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 194
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 12/30/2016 9:01:44 PM   
goodwoodrw

Yer I know what you mean, I've started a dozen games and so far only I have got to about 1500 BC with one. The barbarians are a pain in most games.

< Message edited by BASB -- 12/30/2016 9:02:36 PM >

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to gazdadude)
Post #: 195
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 12/30/2016 9:32:03 PM   
freeboy

ok.
I thought this was a great version
and easy to re name the cities by opening the details and clicking on the name.. humm
let me know if its still an issue and
Ill walk through it but I
always rename them.. ok often!
BEST civ game IMO

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 196
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 12/30/2016 10:38:55 PM   
demyansk

I bought Civilization V and all the expansion packs, great deal

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 197
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 12/30/2016 11:16:10 PM   
Rosseau

No editor for Civ VI, no sale, no matter what the price

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 198
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 1/1/2017 4:00:46 PM   
Kuokkanen

I have day off from work and I have spent it playing Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, reinforced with Caveman2Cosmos mod. Denmark went to war against me, and brought larger stacks of units than I have seen in a Civ game before. Largest stack was over 30 units, and it was only 1 stack among several. Looks like this mod makes wars significantly larger scale.

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 199
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 1/1/2017 4:06:13 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

I have day off from work and I have spent it playing Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, reinforced with Caveman2Cosmos mod. Denmark went to war against me, and brought larger stacks of units than I have seen in a Civ game before. Largest stack was over 30 units, and it was only 1 stack among several. Looks like this mod makes wars significantly larger scale.

Awesome and challenging!

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 200
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 1/1/2017 4:20:42 PM   
Kuokkanen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

Awesome and challenging!

Now when I think about it (fridge logic has kicked in), it was dumbass effort the AI made. Like 100 units charging at my border city, but there wasn't dedicated siege unit (battering ram is the best right now). My cities are well developed and spam several well trained archers in a turn (City Garrison II right away) and city itself has earth wall for defense + then some. Dane archers made ranged attacks against my city, but that was only on the second or third turn of the attacks, not the first. At least Christian IV had enough of intelligence for peace after the initial assault got totally 0wned.

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 201
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 1/3/2017 7:17:43 PM   
oninowon

Just like CIV II, III, IV, and V, I'll wait for the complete edition. I don't understand when people complain about DLCs. If you are the type that want in on early and have the money than great! Otherwise, be patient and wait for the complete, gold, or whatever they call it that comes with all DLCs and popular mods.

Those who complain that CIV VI is a dumb down version obviously have not played the game especially if they compare it to CIV V. CIV VI is equivalent to CIV V with all its expansions.

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 202
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 1/3/2017 7:27:59 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: oninowon

Just like CIV II, III, IV, and V, I'll wait for the complete edition. I don't understand when people complain about DLCs. If you are the type that want in on early and have the money than great! Otherwise, be patient and wait for the complete, gold, or whatever they call it that comes with all DLCs and popular mods.

Those who complain that CIV VI is a dumb down version obviously have not played the game especially if they compare it to CIV V. CIV VI is equivalent to CIV V with all its expansions.

I agree! Welcome to the boards here Wayne!

(in reply to oninowon)
Post #: 203
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 2/24/2017 4:52:05 PM   
LarryP

After reviewing the forum for this game at Steam, I have never seen so many complaining babies! People saying the game is totally unplayable, I won't play until I can make my own maps, the AI is broken, on and on it goes. After every patch, I see almost all replies to the patch notes complaining and not thanking Firaxis for all the items that they fixed. It's a wonder devs even stay in this business with such ungrateful babies.

I've played it now for almost 500 turns and after the last two patches, it plays excellent. My only complaint is that the end game info sucks.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 204
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 2/24/2017 5:19:01 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarryP

After reviewing the forum for this game at Steam, I have never seen so many complaining babies! People saying the game is totally unplayable, I won't play until I can make my own maps, the AI is broken, on and on it goes. After every patch, I see almost all replies to the patch notes complaining and not thanking Firaxis for all the items that they fixed. It's a wonder devs even stay in this business with such ungrateful babies.

I've played it now for almost 500 turns and after the last two patches, it plays excellent. My only complaint is that the end game info sucks.

Yes, there are alot of whiners on Steam, I tend to ignore them, there are alot of mature gamers too, we need to hear more of their positive statements...I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it!

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 205
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 2/24/2017 5:27:10 PM   
Kuokkanen

quote:

It's a wonder devs even stay in this business with such ungrateful babies.

Let's hope Firaxis reads more CivFanatics forums and less Steam ones.

MekWars

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 206
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 2/24/2017 5:38:39 PM   
zakblood

i just wish all steam members had to put a age on there profile, then you could filter all forums comments by age, as there's far too many kids on steam who moan about everything, when most our age can remember either typing in game codes to get the game to even work, basic programming, or loading up a tape, and waiting half an hour for it to load, so we know more of what's good and what's bad, as we've seen almost it all in our days of gaming.

CIVILIZATION 6 ADDS AUSTRALIA DLC, MOD TOOLS SUPPORT ( sounds interesting to me tbh)

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 207
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 2/24/2017 5:55:32 PM   
LarryP

Yeah, I am always wondering what the ages are of the crying posts. Posts like "I won't play the game until they add blah." One missing item and the game is trash to them. I see this all the time in the Steamy forums.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 208
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 2/24/2017 6:18:25 PM   
Greybriar

quote:

I gave Civ6 another try last night. Nothing had changed; I still don't like it. But I don't complain--I just don't play the game. If you enjoy playing it, more power to you. But I would rather play Civilization II: Test of Time than Civ6.

As for my age...well let's just say I am old enough to qualify for a senior citizen discount.

This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 209
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI - 2/24/2017 6:20:56 PM   
LarryP

What are the things you want to see changed? They changed the AI a lot which was my original gripe. Wars are now started more rationally.

(in reply to Greybriar)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI