Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: First time using Oil rules

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: First time using Oil rules Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: First time using Oil rules - 2/14/2017 8:13:18 AM   
Joseignacio

quote:

ORIGINAL: tom730

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio

It was 2 O-Chits. Plus vichy, and I consider it a bargain.

In Solitaire it is easily done! It might be a hard sell to an allied player...

True, Bro! I suffered it, and won't take it again, then I didn't know it was a House Rule (or in the best case an optional).

Another Off Topic: If you select the Fast Start, you cannot select optionals afterwards?

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 2/14/2017 8:41:31 AM >

(in reply to tom730_slith)
Post #: 31
RE: First time using Oil rules - 2/14/2017 4:13:47 PM   
Courtenay

quote:

Another Off Topic: If you select the Fast Start, you cannot select optionals afterwards?

No. The fast start selects default optionals for you. The options are different for each scenario. The options for Barbarossa are much simpler than for Global War.

I thought I knew how to play this game....

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 32
RE: First time using Oil rules - 2/14/2017 4:20:17 PM   
Joseignacio

Thanks. I use to play with like 95% of them at least, so I missed them in the shorter scenarios.

But after huge scrappings, I have had to restart like 4 times due to non-optimal deployments, so I was thinking about Fast Start. The problem is that you cannot personalize.

For example, I prefer not to play with the oil rule (In this I am weird I believe), and if it is on, or others which are important, then I cannot use that one.

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 2/14/2017 4:23:02 PM >

(in reply to Courtenay)
Post #: 33
RE: First time using Oil rules - 2/14/2017 6:52:31 PM   
Orm

You do know that you can change most of the optional rules after the game has begun?

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 34
RE: First time using Oil rules - 2/15/2017 6:52:56 AM   
Joseignacio

Nop, I didn't. To be true, it's time I take my own medicine and go through the Books or the Tutorials. I got by with my knowledge of WIF and the things I learnt here as people comment. I just sjimmed through the books years ago.

Trying to send back deployed units to the pool for a later assignment, seeing which plane belonged to which cv and so on... I really need to go through it ASAP if I am going to play againsst someone sometime soon.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 35
RE: First time using Oil rules - 2/25/2017 1:59:33 AM   
Hokum

quote:

Thanks for the feedback!
Did Japan historically develop synthetic fuel the way the Germans did?

Japan had been trying to build up a synthetic fuel industry as early as 1937, mostly in Manchuria. The program was extremely ambitious, as the Japanese expected it to make up half of the domestic fuel consumption, but it was plagued by technical difficulties and a lack of know-how, and it peaked at around 10% of the original target in 1943, before going down as the overstretched merchant marine failed more and more to move resources around (without even mentioning the US subs).

It can be easily argued that the program hampered the Japanese war economy rather than the way around.

(in reply to tom730_slith)
Post #: 36
RE: First time using Oil rules - 3/12/2017 6:47:05 PM   
tom730_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hokum

quote:

Thanks for the feedback!
Did Japan historically develop synthetic fuel the way the Germans did?

Japan had been trying to build up a synthetic fuel industry as early as 1937, mostly in Manchuria. The program was extremely ambitious, as the Japanese expected it to make up half of the domestic fuel consumption, but it was plagued by technical difficulties and a lack of know-how, and it peaked at around 10% of the original target in 1943, before going down as the overstretched merchant marine failed more and more to move resources around (without even mentioning the US subs).

It can be easily argued that the program hampered the Japanese war economy rather than the way around.

In any case one of the greatest things about this game is playing "what if" and why not include stuff the major players were not successful at? This reminds me of the Atom Bomb option - although it is not currently an option, why shouldn't the Germans have the option to develop one? In my early board game version of WIF the Germans could do so...

(in reply to Hokum)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: First time using Oil rules Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI