Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Suggestion for RR unit.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Suggestion for RR unit. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Suggestion for RR unit. - 2/27/2017 10:26:19 PM   
Wheat

Ok, so the Germans lost a FBD unit. So now I have to try and herd cats with construction units that are controlled by the AI assigned to HQ's. Maybe they repair in the direction I want, maybe not. Can't the Krauts have a limited move RR unit? One that say, has a movement of 6, so it can move and repair ONE DANG HEX! Something like that so you have SOME limited ability to work on a line you need to have. The helter skelter stuff is for the birds. I'm in control of the whole German army, EXCEPT for critical rail lines. Yep, makes sense.
Post #: 1
RE: Suggestion for RR unit. - 2/28/2017 7:05:01 AM   
Stelteck

In the game Decisive battle: Barbarossa, the General in charge for railroad transportation is a bureaucrat asshole who do not really belong to your chain of command and do what he pleased.

So maybe it is realistic, never underestimate the weirdness of the German chain of command and administration.

You can control a little where the RR construction unit will appear by adding them to a limited range HQ such as security HQ eventually.

Also, the FDP unit will return.

(in reply to Wheat)
Post #: 2
RE: Suggestion for RR unit. - 2/28/2017 8:18:07 PM   
Denniss

The next version with scenario updates may see a limited-size/capability Romanian rail repair group which stays active until ~9/1941

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 3
RE: Suggestion for RR unit. - 3/6/2017 8:50:47 PM   
BK6583

quote:

Ok, so the Germans lost a FBD unit. So now I have to try and herd cats with construction units that are controlled by the AI assigned to HQ's. Maybe they repair in the direction I want, maybe not. Can't the Krauts have a limited move RR unit? One that say, has a movement of 6, so it can move and repair ONE DANG HEX! Something like that so you have SOME limited ability to work on a line you need to have. The helter skelter stuff is for the birds. I'm in control of the whole German army, EXCEPT for critical rail lines. Yep, makes sense.

I couldn't agree more! Regardless of 'realism', you are given enormous control over the Germans, EXCEPT for this. It's been a source of heartburn for me since I started playing WiTE.

(in reply to Wheat)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Suggestion for RR unit. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI