Suggestion for RR unit. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

Wheat -> Suggestion for RR unit. (2/27/2017 10:26:19 PM)

Ok, so the Germans lost a FBD unit. So now I have to try and herd cats with construction units that are controlled by the AI assigned to HQ's. Maybe they repair in the direction I want, maybe not. Can't the Krauts have a limited move RR unit? One that say, has a movement of 6, so it can move and repair ONE DANG HEX! Something like that so you have SOME limited ability to work on a line you need to have. The helter skelter stuff is for the birds. I'm in control of the whole German army, EXCEPT for critical rail lines. Yep, makes sense.

Stelteck -> RE: Suggestion for RR unit. (2/28/2017 7:05:01 AM)

In the game Decisive battle: Barbarossa, the General in charge for railroad transportation is a bureaucrat asshole who do not really belong to your chain of command and do what he pleased.

So maybe it is realistic, never underestimate the weirdness of the German chain of command and administration.

You can control a little where the RR construction unit will appear by adding them to a limited range HQ such as security HQ eventually.

Also, the FDP unit will return.

Denniss -> RE: Suggestion for RR unit. (2/28/2017 8:18:07 PM)

The next version with scenario updates may see a limited-size/capability Romanian rail repair group which stays active until ~9/1941

BK6583 -> RE: Suggestion for RR unit. (3/6/2017 8:50:47 PM)

quote:

Ok, so the Germans lost a FBD unit. So now I have to try and herd cats with construction units that are controlled by the AI assigned to HQ's. Maybe they repair in the direction I want, maybe not. Can't the Krauts have a limited move RR unit? One that say, has a movement of 6, so it can move and repair ONE DANG HEX! Something like that so you have SOME limited ability to work on a line you need to have. The helter skelter stuff is for the birds. I'm in control of the whole German army, EXCEPT for critical rail lines. Yep, makes sense.

I couldn't agree more! Regardless of 'realism', you are given enormous control over the Germans, EXCEPT for this. It's been a source of heartburn for me since I started playing WiTE.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI