Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

upgrades and conversions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> upgrades and conversions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
upgrades and conversions - 3/14/2017 11:05:28 PM   
geoffreyg

My understanding is that repairing ships does not cost supply (or indeed HI points) but I wondered whether upgrades and conversions did. I would welcome clarification on this point.
If upgrades have no cost then presumably one should always upgrade if one can spare the ship from active service, there is spare repair capacity and the upgrade has no negative features?
Many thanks in advance for any views.

< Message edited by geoffreyg -- 3/15/2017 11:41:21 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: upgrades and conversions - 3/15/2017 2:34:33 PM   
crsutton

Upgrades to ships cost no supply for the Allied player. As for Japan, I will leave that to someone else.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to geoffreyg)
Post #: 2
RE: upgrades and conversions - 3/15/2017 3:54:28 PM   
Lowpe

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

Upgrades to ships cost no supply for the Allied player. As for Japan, I will leave that to someone else.

The reverse might be true...You can create things like mines and I don't know if they cost supply.

Convert xakl to ACM or CMc and the ship will come loaded with mines. Is there a supply cost for the new weapons, I would like to think so.

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 3
RE: upgrades and conversions - 3/15/2017 7:40:18 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

quote:

The reverse might be true...You can create things like mines and I don't know if they cost supply.

Convert xakl to ACM or CMc and the ship will come loaded with mines. Is there a supply cost for the new weapons, I would like to think so.

What do you mean by "come loaded with mines".

I thought mines don't get loaded until you place a disbanded ship into a TF and then they get loaded from the pool.

Hans

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 4
RE: upgrades and conversions - 3/15/2017 9:48:39 PM   
Lowpe

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

quote:

quote:

I thought mines don't get loaded until you place a disbanded ship into a TF and then they get loaded from the pool.

If I take a xAKL, and convert it into an ACM or CMc, when it is done the 10 or so day refit job, the ship appears in port fully loaded with her payload of mines. You can spam this and it doesn't seem to draw down the pool level of mines...so I sure hope it does cost supply.

I am not sure if this is an expoit or WAD, but I think it likely the former.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 5
RE: upgrades and conversions - 3/15/2017 10:01:39 PM   
btd64

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

quote:

quote:

If I take a xAKL, and convert it into an ACM or CMc, when it is done the 10 or so day refit job, the ship appears in port fully loaded with her payload of mines. You can spam this and it doesn't seem to draw down the pool level of mines...so I sure hope it does cost supply.

I am not sure if this is an expoit or WAD, but I think it likely the former.

WAD. Sid uses this same feature in RHS for both the Allies and Japan. They upgrade to the CMc or ACM and get mines too. And yes supplies are consumed....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 6
RE: upgrades and conversions - 3/18/2017 11:16:28 PM   
rustysi

quote:

quote:

As a Japanese player (stock scen1) I don't see ACM's loaded wiht mines when I convert them. Don't know about the CMc's as I've not tried yet.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 7
RE: upgrades and conversions - 3/19/2017 12:01:09 AM   
rustysi

quote:

ORIGINAL: geoffreyg

My understanding is that repairing ships does not cost supply (or indeed HI points) but I wondered whether upgrades and conversions did. I would welcome clarification on this point.
If upgrades have no cost then presumably one should always upgrade if one can spare the ship from active service, there is spare repair capacity and the upgrade has no negative features?
Many thanks in advance for any views.

So, maybe with the exceptions below, there are no costs to conversions. As to whether or not to do them, that is a personal matter. For example, as a Japanese player I used to convert all my DD's to APD's, at least those that could. Now I do none. YMMV.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to geoffreyg)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> upgrades and conversions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI