upgrades and conversions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

geoffreyg -> upgrades and conversions (3/14/2017 11:05:28 PM)

My understanding is that repairing ships does not cost supply (or indeed HI points) but I wondered whether upgrades and conversions did. I would welcome clarification on this point.
If upgrades have no cost then presumably one should always upgrade if one can spare the ship from active service, there is spare repair capacity and the upgrade has no negative features?
Many thanks in advance for any views.

crsutton -> RE: upgrades and conversions (3/15/2017 2:34:33 PM)

Upgrades to ships cost no supply for the Allied player. As for Japan, I will leave that to someone else.

Lowpe -> RE: upgrades and conversions (3/15/2017 3:54:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

Upgrades to ships cost no supply for the Allied player. As for Japan, I will leave that to someone else.

The reverse might be true...You can create things like mines and I don't know if they cost supply.

Convert xakl to ACM or CMc and the ship will come loaded with mines. Is there a supply cost for the new weapons, I would like to think so.

HansBolter -> RE: upgrades and conversions (3/15/2017 7:40:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

quote:

The reverse might be true...You can create things like mines and I don't know if they cost supply.

Convert xakl to ACM or CMc and the ship will come loaded with mines. Is there a supply cost for the new weapons, I would like to think so.

What do you mean by "come loaded with mines".

I thought mines don't get loaded until you place a disbanded ship into a TF and then they get loaded from the pool.

Lowpe -> RE: upgrades and conversions (3/15/2017 9:48:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

quote:

quote:

I thought mines don't get loaded until you place a disbanded ship into a TF and then they get loaded from the pool.

If I take a xAKL, and convert it into an ACM or CMc, when it is done the 10 or so day refit job, the ship appears in port fully loaded with her payload of mines. You can spam this and it doesn't seem to draw down the pool level of mines...so I sure hope it does cost supply.

I am not sure if this is an expoit or WAD, but I think it likely the former.

btd64 -> RE: upgrades and conversions (3/15/2017 10:01:39 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

quote:

quote:

If I take a xAKL, and convert it into an ACM or CMc, when it is done the 10 or so day refit job, the ship appears in port fully loaded with her payload of mines. You can spam this and it doesn't seem to draw down the pool level of mines...so I sure hope it does cost supply.

I am not sure if this is an expoit or WAD, but I think it likely the former.

WAD. Sid uses this same feature in RHS for both the Allies and Japan. They upgrade to the CMc or ACM and get mines too. And yes supplies are consumed....GP

rustysi -> RE: upgrades and conversions (3/18/2017 11:16:28 PM)

quote:

quote:

As a Japanese player (stock scen1) I don't see ACM's loaded wiht mines when I convert them. Don't know about the CMc's as I've not tried yet.

rustysi -> RE: upgrades and conversions (3/19/2017 12:01:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: geoffreyg

My understanding is that repairing ships does not cost supply (or indeed HI points) but I wondered whether upgrades and conversions did. I would welcome clarification on this point.
If upgrades have no cost then presumably one should always upgrade if one can spare the ship from active service, there is spare repair capacity and the upgrade has no negative features?
Many thanks in advance for any views.

So, maybe with the exceptions below, there are no costs to conversions. As to whether or not to do them, that is a personal matter. For example, as a Japanese player I used to convert all my DD's to APD's, at least those that could. Now I do none. YMMV.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI