Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: OT Things to ponder

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: OT Things to ponder Page: <<   < prev  88 89 [90] 91 92   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/17/2017 9:13:17 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

OT but too funny and well-made to not to post:

Interview with Darth Vader interrupted live on air

For those you have missed the buzz, here is the original : BBC interview interrupted live on air

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 2671
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/17/2017 1:13:13 PM   
MakeeLearn

Darth Vaderette...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 2672
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/17/2017 1:17:42 PM   
MakeeLearn

Booba Fett

Attachment (1)

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 2673
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/17/2017 1:21:11 PM   
MakeeLearn

Princess Layme Orgasma of Alderaan

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MakeeLearn -- 3/17/2017 1:22:56 PM >

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 2674
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/17/2017 1:25:21 PM   
MakeeLearn

C3PO and R2D2 interfacing

Attachment (1)

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 2675
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/17/2017 1:38:25 PM   
MakeeLearn

StormStrumpet

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MakeeLearn -- 3/17/2017 1:40:28 PM >

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 2676
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/17/2017 2:46:41 PM   
Lecivius

You guys are gonna get me fired

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 2677
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/17/2017 4:41:07 PM   
geofflambert

How about boat pictures?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by geofflambert -- 3/17/2017 4:42:21 PM >

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 2678
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/17/2017 4:54:35 PM   
geofflambert

http://www.loyolamaroon.com/10013409/showcase/tipitinas-owners-to-open-entertainment-destination-on-lake-pontchartrain-shore/

Attachment (1)

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 2679
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/17/2017 5:43:24 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

This is for Orm if no one else. Queen Smaug has become quite efficient at driving off other birds. I'm supposed to be counting birds at my feeders today and tomorrow for the Cornell Ornithology Lab Feederwatch project. I've so far today seen one Downy Woodpecker land on one of my feeders and before I could identify its gender or it could grab a bite the Mockingbird was on it. I don't have seven feeders out there for one mockingbird. I'm fixing to dump out all the feeders into trays which if birds don't take it the squirrels will and I'll just not put up any feeders until the queen plays her game of thrones and moves on to another territory. Otherwise I might start thinking about a movie starring Gregory Peck.

So what is the status on Queen Smaug? And the other, various, birds that visit your backyard, and feeders.

The world wants to know. And, more importantly, I would like to hear it.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

Post #: 2680
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/17/2017 5:47:04 PM   
btd64

Nice job on the PT. They have or had one up at Battleship Cove....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2681
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/17/2017 8:15:57 PM   
geofflambert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

This is for Orm if no one else. Queen Smaug has become quite efficient at driving off other birds. I'm supposed to be counting birds at my feeders today and tomorrow for the Cornell Ornithology Lab Feederwatch project. I've so far today seen one Downy Woodpecker land on one of my feeders and before I could identify its gender or it could grab a bite the Mockingbird was on it. I don't have seven feeders out there for one mockingbird. I'm fixing to dump out all the feeders into trays which if birds don't take it the squirrels will and I'll just not put up any feeders until the queen plays her game of thrones and moves on to another territory. Otherwise I might start thinking about a movie starring Gregory Peck.

So what is the status on Queen Smaug? And the other, various, birds that visit your backyard, and feeders.

The world wants to know. And, more importantly, I would like to hear it.

I've been discouraging her by not using feeders she can access or without anything she wants (fruit or suet). She's patrolling less often and other birds get a chance to feed now and then. She initially was driving off robins but haven't seen her do that in a while. They have almost identical diets. She still comes around for the water. I'm counting birds on Sun/Mon so I'll put out some more feeders and a hopper feeder she can access, but I'll just put peanuts and sunflower seed in it and see what happens. She completely drove off the three blue jays that were hanging around, I can't even hear them in the distance. Later in the spring I might put something out in the front yard for her and see if she leaves the backyard alone. She should be mainly hunting for bugs then. I put out some praying mantis egg cases so she'll have competition. She'll have to eat them if she can spot them.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2682
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/17/2017 11:03:45 PM   
Orm

Thank you for the update.

How often do you count birds?

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

Post #: 2683
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/17/2017 11:30:18 PM   
MakeeLearn

Keep the beavers away from the birdbath...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MakeeLearn -- 3/17/2017 11:32:20 PM >

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2684
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/18/2017 2:36:59 AM   
geofflambert

quote:

Every Sunday and Monday, but the first week of April will be the last until November. They aren't interested in the period in front of us.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2685
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/18/2017 2:45:39 AM   
geofflambert

Keep the rats away from your pineapples.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 2686
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/18/2017 2:48:51 AM   
geofflambert

Keep your shrews away from my ****ly pears.

Sorry about that, I have a type of cactus which is apparently prohibited in this forum.

It rhymes with tickly bears.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by geofflambert -- 3/18/2017 2:51:52 AM >

Post #: 2687
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/18/2017 2:56:00 AM   
geofflambert

I wonder how this forum handles bishop****. Or p****ly heat.

Post #: 2688
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/18/2017 3:01:52 AM   
geofflambert

Censor this, forum. Inflagrante delicto.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 2689
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/18/2017 3:09:16 AM   
geofflambert

Let's see what I can get away with. A fine gift for any lady friend, an armadil*o

Attachment (1)

Post #: 2690
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/18/2017 3:35:18 AM   
Will_L

Do you eat the tickly bear cactus fruits or leave them for the birds?
If you leave them, what birds eat them?

was Will_L for a while.

Post #: 2691
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/18/2017 4:14:23 AM   
geofflambert

I don't mess with them. I see them flower but haven't noticed any fruits, haven't been paying attention. I'd expect the squirrels might get them first but that cactus has two kinds of thorns, the big obvious ones and then the tiny ones. Those tiny ones are a pain, I don't get close to them without leather gloves.

Some people skin them and cook them, I don't know how, seems like a lot of trouble.

< Message edited by geofflambert -- 3/18/2017 4:17:36 AM >

(in reply to Will_L)
Post #: 2692
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/18/2017 5:14:59 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

Every Sunday and Monday, but the first week of April will be the last until November. They aren't interested in the period in front of us.

Thank you.

That is a lot of counting days.

I haven't heard of something similar in Sweden. The only bird count I heard of is the yearly national count of the winter birds that is made for a few days in January.

Post #: 2693
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/18/2017 5:34:21 PM   
AW1Steve

There is a more direct answer to "Queen Smaug". The two words "pellet gun" come to mind. If she's that much of a terror, then other wild life would probably chip in to buy you one. The other two thoughts are "get a cat" (but you have one , and I strongly advise against outdoor cats. You cut their life expectancy by up to 75%). Or use a "non-lethal" paintball gun. It won't hurt her much (yes they DO sting) but it might discourage here and "Technicolor wildlife" is funny to look at. My brother once had a raccoon hitting his trash cans every single night? Ever see a "tie dyed raccoon"? (It gave up eventually.)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2694
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/18/2017 9:06:20 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

There is a more direct answer to "Queen Smaug". The two words "pellet gun" come to mind. If she's that much of a terror, then other wild life would probably chip in to buy you one. The other two thoughts are "get a cat" (but you have one , and I strongly advise against outdoor cats. You cut their life expectancy by up to 75%). Or use a "non-lethal" paintball gun. It won't hurt her much (yes they DO sting) but it might discourage here and "Technicolor wildlife" is funny to look at. My brother once had a raccoon hitting his trash cans every single night? Ever see a "tie dyed raccoon"? (It gave up eventually.)

I respectfully disagree about outdoor cats. Cats are happier and healthier if allowed to go out and come in at their discretion. Provided the neighborhood is safe.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 2695
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/18/2017 9:36:52 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

quote:

I respectfully disagree about outdoor cats. Cats are happier and healthier if allowed to go out and come in at their discretion. Provided the neighborhood is safe.

Safe neighborhood? Where do you live? I live on a Air Force Base and there are foxes and coyotes. A family of rabbits lives in my back yard because there's a big fence. I've lived from Maine to DC to Florida to Seattle , Guam , Omaha Nebraska and I'm still not sure what's a safe for cats neighborhood. Heck in half those places I didn't always feel safe! About the only "safe for cats" neighborhood I've ever lived in in my life was Winchester England. There the biggest cat predator was the big metal , four wheel monsters (called cars).

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 2696
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/18/2017 10:53:14 PM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

quote:

Safe neighborhood? Where do you live? I live on a Air Force Base and there are foxes and coyotes. A family of rabbits lives in my back yard because there's a big fence. I've lived from Maine to DC to Florida to Seattle , Guam , Omaha Nebraska and I'm still not sure what's a safe for cats neighborhood. Heck in half those places I didn't always feel safe! About the only "safe for cats" neighborhood I've ever lived in in my life was Winchester England. There the biggest cat predator was the big metal , four wheel monsters (called cars).

Suburban neighborhoods with plenty of fences are safe. Cats can go over, under, or through fences. No coyotes or foxes - just skunks, possums, and raccoons. Assuming the felines are vaccinated.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 2697
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/18/2017 11:29:15 PM   
MakeeLearn

Birds of prey will even target full grown cats.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 2698
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/19/2017 12:21:43 AM   
rustysi

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: scout1

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: MakeeLearn

Mount the Guard....

warspite1

This is good to see purely in the name of equality and diversity. It used to be that to be a Guardsman for one of the 5 elite regiments (2 English - Coldstream and Grenadier, Scottish, Irish or Welsh) one had to be male and at least 1.86m tall. I understand Prince Philip was keen to add a 6th Regiment and to open up the field to ladies. Now instead of a minimum height, one must have suitably long legs and big charlies. A sensible policy for a happier Britain one feels

Jolly good fellow, Prince Philip.

It's no wonder the British Empire nearly conquered the world ......
warspite1

Mmmmmm Looks like we have a commie subversive in the ranks. Note that all troopers are sporting HM Queen Elizabeth's GBP Sterling symbol placed neatly on the upper thigh? Well no.3 is not. If it was up to me I would ensure that she is taken out of line and given a suitable course in correction. Or better still she can discipline me instead....

I would be more than happy to give the individual in question some private and personal instruction to resolve her indiscretion.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2699
RE: OT Things to ponder - 3/19/2017 12:24:39 AM   
rustysi

quote:

ORIGINAL: MakeeLearn

Darth Vaderette...

Now she could take me to the dark side.

Although, on second thought I think it might just hurt too much.

Oh, wait as a JFB I've already gone to the dark side.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 2700
Page:   <<   < prev  88 89 [90] 91 92   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: OT Things to ponder Page: <<   < prev  88 89 [90] 91 92   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI