Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 2/24/2017 9:35:32 AM   
macroparasite

Darn it! Couldn't have put it better! Thanks Saturnian. Yes, the 2d version was never made fully fit for purpose. For example, even in GTC, a tank can see (how?) and eliminate a hidden bazooka from an incredible range. I also believe a bazooka/panzerfaust can still be fired from a building - which is impossible unless suicide was on the agenda. This I can't prove as anybody with anti-tank weapons/flame thrower are mysteriously spotted and dispatched within seconds of game start!

I understand that 3D is more than just the visuals - it would help place people better for example - so I am now cool with 3D, but I am very nervous about the whole of the game structure, as in the player's motivation, as it was just so throwaway and meaningless before.

Right now Matrix have to get a working game out there so it can be field-tested but they should also be ready to hurriedly work from the feedback and get V2 out quickly.

Good Luck Matrix!

(in reply to Saturnian)
Post #: 91
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 2/27/2017 9:03:19 PM   
DAK_Legion

Any news?

Enter to march.....

(in reply to macroparasite)
Post #: 92
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 2/27/2017 9:34:10 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

We are pushing to get something to see out, but I will confess it is a frustrating case of never being happy with the shots and what we want to show off.

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to DAK_Legion)
Post #: 93
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 2/28/2017 7:20:53 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

Get my advice. If you are trying to get the perfection, really you are losing time instead. The day that you publish anything, you will be judge very very very hardly because you did not showed anything for years.

And because the human being is imperfect, you will not get the perfection.;)

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 94
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 2/28/2017 8:23:11 AM   
Hexagon

If you wait the perfect shot you waste time to promote game and attract customers, months ago a simple pic (better more than one) showing whats going on sure help push interest in game but now, with release date "close" with only pics from 2 years ago and 3 monhts with promised pics MIA and as bonus saying you dont release pics because are not perfect enough... well, more than made interest in game increase do oposite specially when in last months appear very interesting games that could not be CC but are in market and offer an interesting aproximation (i recommend you see videos of Syrian Warfare, is very green with no morale system and with a single player mode 1 campaign BUT graphics are great and combat even being to fast for my taste feels great specially mortars that looks much better than in any CC game i play).

I dont have a lot "faith" in have a game manteined at day with patches from a company unable to release pics of their product in 2 years and pushing release date of a simple pic of game 3 months because "is not perfect enough"

(in reply to Nomada_Firefox)
Post #: 95
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 3/1/2017 5:10:55 AM   
Saturnian

That's another reason why I am a little disappointed 2d is being abandoned in favor of cartoonish 3d graphics. Could have literally taken photographs of real people and tanks and put them into close combat. All you'd need is maybe a dozen frames to create hypnotically lifelike movement of soldiers. Image 50 photo-realistic, frame by frame movement soldiers in close combat along with tanks and realistic light effects? that would blow my mind. with realistic plants moving, buildings crumbling.

MAybe it can be done with 3d? you can apply photo-realistic textures to the 3d soldiers? I hope so. I want to see something that looks real. not a cartoon.

If the gameplay makes up for it then mediocre graphics are forgivable. But its difficult to get an idea of what to expect. 3d graphics without multi-storey buildings, a new engine with new AI(that works in 3d). This is all leaving a lot to the imagination.

Honestly I have no idea what to expect out of this. But I do appreciate the effort you are putting into it. And that you are holding back on what you are releasing shows you are conscientious about what you are releasing. Which is a good thing.

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 96
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 3/1/2017 6:02:26 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

From a technical point of view, with a requirement for modern levels of animation and resolution, 2D images become impractical. The visuals we are aiming for are partly constrained by our desire not to require people to own high-end machines to play the game.

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to Saturnian)
Post #: 97
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 3/5/2017 4:57:06 AM   
Justmebeingme

Oh thanks GOD pip is here to save us with his ever enduring posts......

I couldn't live without nor would purchase a game without the perfect screen shot of a game.
Maybe this is the exact reason they don't put there games on STEAM.

STEAM has standards as which one has to apply to.................Matrix has trolls (including themselves)who cant even produce a screen shot in X amount of years

But I cant WAIT!........This is gonna be the BEST EVER GAME/Dream Ive ever played!

Post #: 98
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 3/5/2017 5:10:16 AM   
Justmebeingme

Maybe they should take their game to Glamor Shots for that perfect picture

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Justmebeingme -- 3/5/2017 5:12:05 AM >

(in reply to Justmebeingme)
Post #: 99
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 3/6/2017 10:39:30 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

It is:

"thank GOD"
"don't put their games"

also, apostrophes are a thing.

You may want to revisit your assertion that our games are not on Steam.

But otherwise, thanks for your constructive posts.

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to Justmebeingme)
Post #: 100
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 3/7/2017 12:56:42 PM   
sepp3gd

Anybody who is becoming angry over not obtaining a game when they want it who is not under the age of 10, please cease with the posts. It is ironic that certain people who would benefit the least from owning another video game are the same ones that "suffer" the most.

To all those worried about the development of the game - Consider that nobody cares more about the development of the game than the people who depend on it to put food on their table.

Uninteresting, naive, and immature posts from self-centered cry babies are difficult to respond to with a witty comeback, as the poster has already done the work; and the fact that they have insulted themselves ambiguously only adds insult to the injury of their character.

To all of you that fit into the above statement - Do not let anybody tell you that you can not change.

Post #: 101
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 3/8/2017 9:05:27 AM   
Hexagon

Instead insult and talk **** maybe you need first learn a little about the game situation but dont worry, i explain it to you in a way you can understand it even i am going to use a list to made even more easier for you.

1-game has a delay of years, the anounce of game was in early 2014 with release date in late 2014, we are in march 2017 and still are planned for first quarter of 2017... but game is not in a status to show a screenshot

2-game offer 2 screenshots when was anounced, after 3 years we have 0 new screenshots

3-devs said they show us screenshoots of game in december... we are in march, 4 months later and we are still waiting because hey, they cant show us a pic because are not perfect enough!!!

People complain because devs break their own promises, the motives they offer us are a big LOL, and even when some guys complain in a rough mode in the end is more than a fair motive to dont be very optimist with game.

You know that people who complain about continuous delays and break of promises are the same guys that are going to decide with their wallets if game is a success or another CC walking dead???

(in reply to sepp3gd)
Post #: 102
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 3/12/2017 12:37:40 PM   
sepp3gd

hah

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 103
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 3/12/2017 2:48:49 PM   
sepp3gd

Hexagon,

That you read a reply within the context of this thread, without understanding the fundamentals thereof, and then in turn argued that I was unaware of the context of the article I posted within, neverminding within the very context of this forum alone, escapes me as to how you have not understood the basic dynamics of participation, despite inferring that you have knowledge pertaining to content that of which has a lifespan of nearly 5 years within a forum, is more than revealing as to how you have also, in that same passage of time, not been able to come to the awareness that the Developers are not interested in you.

I do not find you interesting. You are upset that things did not go your way with regard to a video game. You have disrespected the developers, myself, and other members; I have no respect for you. That you thought throwing a fit of demands at men, to be an effective form of communication for resolving your apparent crisis over the screenshots and the release date of a computer game, is also another reason why I have no respect for you.

Again, thank you to the developers for my three favorite games; their loyalty to a relatively small but dedicated group of fans is honorable. Thank you to the members of this forum that contribute, with a genuine intent for a positive outcome, their most creative and bright ideas; they stimulate thought and discussion, and are the reason why I joined this forum. Thank you to all the members that work hard to produce mods for the community; your work ethic and creativity speaks positive volumes about your character.

And contrary to his accusations, the last thing that I want to do is create a hostile environment within this forum. I did not see how standing up to defend the team, responsible for the development of the next game of a series that we all share a common interest, would be taken as a negative. To the member who responded with hostility toward me: I am sorry, I can not agree with you; I would never berate the development team with ugly and ignorant comments. If simply not because it is beneath me, than otherwise, based upon my understanding that such behavior would mean risking, if even a chance, a negative effect on the integrity of the developers, at the expense of the game's development. Attacks to character, credibility, motivation, work ethic, and the competence of the development team, comes at the expense of every fan on this forum. And far from constructive, righteous, or vigilant, is nothing less than the work of a narrow-minded and short-sighted bully who possesses both limited communication skills as well as a rudimentary ability to communicate rotten, sad, malnourished, and underdeveloped ideas and emotions, into written text, demonstrated by what he has judged important and worth sharing with the world over the internet. That he has an internet connection, is the only accomplishment I have seen which, makes him stand out from the rest of us ;)

The fact that the developers even interact on this forum, in any capacity, after the complete horseshit that has been said about them, is a credit to their dedication to the fans. A member who thinks that attacking the developers, and berating them, will help to motivate and produce an improved result is simply and sadly ignorant. But a member who does so because it did not get what it wanted is a self-centered and immature.

< Message edited by sepp3gd -- 3/12/2017 2:50:35 PM >

(in reply to sepp3gd)
Post #: 104
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 3/12/2017 3:21:12 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

I have no respect for you.

The respect is a highway of two directions. You can not ask respect if you have not given it.

quote:

the last thing that I want to do is create a hostile environment within this forum.

This is the most ironic read by me today at a forum, probably for weeks. If you do not want it, you have not tried it.......

Do not lose your mind and to take patience. They will publish something when they want.;)

< Message edited by Nomada_Firefox -- 3/12/2017 3:26:11 PM >

(in reply to sepp3gd)
Post #: 105
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 3/12/2017 6:40:26 PM   
Hexagon

You are very funny, i like your concept of "dont want create hostile enviroment" shooting all that is not moving in the devs "direction"... devs that fail to their word... you know some of us are teached in a basic principle... "a man is a slave of his words" and promise a miserable pic for december and be in march saying "we cant offer nothing because is not perfect" after anounce the game with a pair of prealpha screenshots 3 years ago

I dont blame the game in the moment we dont see nothing about it... a lot of good words but nothing "tangible" but i dont see why i am need alavate the superb way to generate interest in game... after 3 years in "under the radar" mode.

One thing is support and other defend undefensible situations... as a friend of mine said "if you pay with peanuts you cant expect nothing better than monkeys" here is the same, interest in games like this is not infinite if you dont manage to mantein alive the interest and you could see the incredible interest in game last year.

I want see the game and expect be very good but if there is something i dislike is somebody made me lose my time with empty promises and expecting blind trust showing nothing in compensation.

Post #: 106
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 3/14/2017 10:58:52 PM   
SteveMcClaire

I was the one who gave a date for screenshots and wasn't able to deliver. Obviously that was a mistake on my part. At this point all I can promise is that they're being worked on and will be released when they're released.

Steve

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 107
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 3/15/2017 1:13:44 AM   
sepp3gd

**** happens.

< Message edited by sepp3gd -- 3/15/2017 1:24:32 AM >

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 108
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 3/15/2017 4:24:15 AM   
UnderThunder

Hello,

As a long time close combat fan, I am really happy to know there will be one in 3D soon. But hope it retains the same type of game play as the 2D ones, because it is the 2D games that made us like the close combat series.

Keep up with the great work guys and take your time, we want a good game. But I hope we can see the game launch by this year.

Cheers

(in reply to sepp3gd)
Post #: 109
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 3/15/2017 8:47:36 AM   
Hexagon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

I was the one who gave a date for screenshots and wasn't able to deliver. Obviously that was a mistake on my part. At this point all I can promise is that they're being worked on and will be released when they're released.

Steve

Thanks for the reply... saddly is a random reply that could be copy pasted from late 2014-2015 and 2016 when game enter in another delay loop.

That reply made me think first half of 2017 as release time is KO and we need think more in a 2nd half year release... but still not clear what year.

Is fun because in other forum i start see more jokes around game over the game itself but well, is the problem when you dont show nothing in years.

Maybe someday game return to coming soon forum area... and you can start to use "soon™" again is more elegant
Steve"

Post #: 110
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 3/23/2017 2:22:03 PM   
SteveMcClaire

And at long last, we have a pair of in game screenshots that have been released. Enjoy.

Steve

Attachment (1)

Post #: 111
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 3/23/2017 2:22:49 PM   
SteveMcClaire

And the other.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 112
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 3/23/2017 2:56:48 PM   
buxbux

Thank you a lot !

I hope 3D conversion will not denature the game. Sometimes, 3D conversion create a totaly new feeling.

Post #: 113
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 3/23/2017 4:07:13 PM   
Steiner33

Thank You !

(in reply to buxbux)
Post #: 114
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 3/23/2017 4:54:47 PM   
zakblood

there does seem to be a lot of detail on the shots, the tanks and tbh all of it looks really nice, can't wait to play it now

(in reply to Steiner33)
Post #: 115
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 3/23/2017 5:00:51 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

Many thanks. It looks very very very good.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 116
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 3/23/2017 5:23:08 PM   
Markojager

Looks great.

Is it going to difference between floors? If you ocuppy a building in CC, it always simulate that you got the last floor unless is an AT cannon. In this one, is there going to be a difference and the posibility of selection like in CM?

Post #: 117
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 3/23/2017 7:40:25 PM   
Hexagon

Finally, thanks for the pics.

I dont dislike what i see but a few observations.

1-I think is necesary add "bases" to infantry units, i refer under every soldier a dot to see them better in hard terrain, we dont need titans but a way to see them well... even you can use this as a powerfull tool to help players... show a green colour for 100% soldiers, yellow for light injuried soldiers, red cross dot to show heavy wounded soldiers and even a skull to show dead soldiers if you want (i refer select if you want see dots and if you want see dots+skulls) of course enemy could appear in a diferent colour (and with vehicles use a squared base even a triangle for non tanks for example).

2-Tanks need be showed in minimap bigger, a double size for example.

3-I dont dislike the units icons but add as alternative a pure NATO symbol... and in letters the unit type in the bottom (Sherman, PzIVg, Inf, MG, Inf+MG)...

4-After see how deal "Syrian warfare" with buildings with more than 1 floor...

5-Menu looks a little poor with all the empty space is possible add bigger icons and extra info but well, we dont have in pics units selected and i dont know if you use the meny bar to show info about units.

Not bad for a pre-alpha

(in reply to Markojager)
Post #: 118
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 3/23/2017 8:18:24 PM   
STIENER

looks good......nice detail. I like it so far ...for the most part. not a fan of the linear campaign system, but we will have to wait and see how this one is. we have waited this long for the new CC, so im hoping that the game is finished and working when we get it IE: were not play testing it..and with a fully working/functioning bug free lobby.
im also hoping the tank pathing is vastly improved. GWTC was painfull / bizarre in this respect. we saw tanks do stuff we haven't seen since CC3 .......

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 119
RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update - 3/24/2017 12:28:29 AM   
mickxe5

Thanks for showing a couple different zoom levels. The Euro map pic looks like its about as close as you'll want the camera to get. Will there be another zoomed out level between the Desert pic and full map overview (ie. 4 zoom levels)?

The soft map edges will take some getting used to.

No color-coded text and panels in the Team monitor? "Separated" s/b uppercase like other actions.

Lots of real estate on the right side of the toolbar that could fit a team status indicator.

Please let me be able to select a soldier in the Soldier monitor and highlight his figure on the map.

Will the gap between those Euro rowhouse bldgs be playable as a keyhole firing position? The gap looks just wide enough for a skinny dude like me (20 years ago) to squeeze thru. Soldiers could use the windows in those gap walls to move from bldg to bldg.

Who is that unaccounted guy just to the right of the M4 in the desert pic? Foolhardy M3 crewman?

Will vehicles have buttoned/unbuttoned states? If so will unbuttoned be visible?

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> RE: Close Combat - The Bloody First, dates update Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI