Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Not enough memory to load this Distant Worlds game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Not enough memory to load this Distant Worlds game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Not enough memory to load this Distant Worlds game - 5/6/2017 8:56:41 PM   
rmse17

Hello,

I am getting an error "There was not enough memory to load this Distant Worlds game. Please close all other open applications and try again.

Working set: 2488 Mbytes"

I still have 59GB of memory free (the game is using ~2.5GB) but the game appears to be 32 bit. Could it be running into a max addressable memory limit? If so, what can I do?

This is vanilla game, no mods.

Thanks for your help!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rmse17 -- 5/6/2017 8:59:10 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Not enough memory to load this Distant Worlds game - 5/6/2017 11:49:45 PM   
rjord2021

Am I correct in saying that this error boccours only when trying to load a saved game. If you start a new game...play for a few minutes....save it... Exit distant worlds and then go back in and load the new saved game do you still get the same message.

What size galaxy are you using?

(in reply to rmse17)
Post #: 2
RE: Not enough memory to load this Distant Worlds game - 9/29/2017 3:53:50 PM   
uglysquid

I have always had this issue when the game has run for a long time, getting worse and worse as the game goes on, until it is unplayable. Autosave says there wasn't enough memory to save the game, the game exits to main menu, then you can't load a game because there's not enough memory to load a game, and the autosave file is corrupted. A quick search will tell you this is a common problem. I've encountered it on 64 bit Win7, and 64 bit Win10, both with large amounts of memory and high end graphics cards. My current system is Win10, 64 bit, 64GB memory, Nvidia Quadro P5000 with 16GB memory, game purchased through Steam.

I tend to play with a lot of stars. My current game, which is having this issue fairly early on, is 1400 stars, 15 x 15 sectors, elliptical, 10 autogenerated empires, lots of weak pirates.

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 3
RE: Not enough memory to load this Distant Worlds game - 10/1/2017 7:59:37 PM   
Blabsawaw22

I've had errors like that too.

To date, I have not found a fix and Matrix is onto Distant Worlds 2 so unless you plan on digging around yourself, I'm sorry to report this probably is something we can't fix.

I would try reinstalling Framework and etc..But otherwise, we can't reprogram what they didn't solve with large late-game memory issues.

I'm pretty sure unless you can gointo the saved game file and change whatever causes the memory to pass it's "limit" while loading the game. You are completely out of luck for now.

I'm sorry to only bring that news but that's clearly what it is, you can see this by starting a new game and saving and re-loading it. If it works, then as you see it's something while loading that specific large game with errors of Memory limits being passed..

< Message edited by Blabsawaw22 -- 10/1/2017 8:03:32 PM >

(in reply to uglysquid)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Not enough memory to load this Distant Worlds game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI