Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Installation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: DLCs >> Command: Chains of War >> Installation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Installation - 5/18/2017 1:40:44 PM   
Dabo

Hello,
Yesterday I updated CMANO to version 1.12, of course I couldn't enter the license key for CoW. Is there a way to enter it now without re running the upgrade? or should I download Cow and do a clean install?
TIA

D.
Post #: 1
RE: Installation - 5/18/2017 1:53:31 PM   
Phoenix100

+1 on that, since the download is 4GB. If we updated yesterday, do we need the download stil today, or just the key?

(in reply to Dabo)
Post #: 2
RE: Installation - 5/18/2017 1:56:11 PM   
VPaulus

You need to run the last update:
http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/CommandModernAirNavalOperations/Command-MANO-NI-CoW-UpdateComp-v112.zip

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 3
RE: Installation - 5/18/2017 1:58:52 PM   
Phoenix100

Thanks VPaulus. But what's in the 4GB download for CoW? The update yesterday - to 1.12 936.11 - wasn't 4GB large, so is there something we're missing if we only activate CoW using the key method?

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 4
RE: Installation - 5/18/2017 2:00:44 PM   
Dabo

yes but i installed it yesterday (I know I should have waited a day). Should I run the upgrade again or is there a way to enter the key withouth reinstalling the upgrade?

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 5
RE: Installation - 5/18/2017 2:07:07 PM   
ultradave

Yes. This is what I need too. Update already installed. can't find a way to get back to enter license key which I now have. Tried starting a scenario thinking it would tell me to do that but it sends me to purchase it. Hate to download the 4GB file if it's not necessary (if it is necessary fine, no problem)

----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"

(in reply to Dabo)
Post #: 6
RE: Installation - 5/18/2017 2:09:31 PM   
VPaulus

Just re-run the update file, and the installer will check if it's already installed then you only have to press the re-register button.

If you have deleted the update then you need to download it again.

@phoenix
The update is "only" 542MB. The 4GB install is for anyone who doesn't have the base game installed. CoW is a stand alone game, so it doesn't need the base game.

< Message edited by VPaulus -- 5/18/2017 2:10:10 PM >

(in reply to Dabo)
Post #: 7
RE: Installation - 5/18/2017 2:10:49 PM   
Phoenix100

Ah. Got it. Thanks.

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 8
RE: Installation - 5/18/2017 2:12:46 PM   
Dabo

thanks!

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 9
RE: Installation - 5/18/2017 2:13:15 PM   
ultradave

Thanks. That wasn't clear on the matrix site.

[edit] Thanks. That did the trick. Up and running now. Of course I had JUST deleted the update file from my download folder figuring "I don't need that anymore" :-)

< Message edited by ultradave -- 5/18/2017 2:26:11 PM >

----------------
Dave A.

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 10
RE: Installation - 5/18/2017 2:49:38 PM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: ultradave
Of course I had JUST deleted the update file from my download folder figuring "I don't need that anymore" :-)

Ah. I'm afraid you won't be the only one.

(in reply to ultradave)
Post #: 11
RE: Installation - 5/18/2017 2:57:04 PM   
Phoenix100

It's still confusing. Even if it detects you're up to date it gives a choice - 'next' in which case it goes into reinstalling the update from yesterday, it seems (which will I hope not mess up my DB, which doesn't look anything like the DB I was left with yesterday as I've put all the images, decriptions in etc, plus the community pack), or you click 're-register'. Not sure what re-register means - ie; not sure what it will try to do in terms of reinstalling etc. I think it would help - for the future - if you put up some instructions for people who are already patched up to date and just want to activate the key.
As it is I don't think it's very intuitive, at least not for simpletons like me.
Thanks.

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 12
RE: Installation - 5/18/2017 3:05:31 PM   
ultradave

Re-register is what you want. You'll get a place to put in license and then a very abbreviated update. Then it all works.

----------------
Dave A.

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 13
RE: Installation - 5/18/2017 3:09:17 PM   
Phoenix100

Thanks. I picked 'next' and it reinstalled yesterdays update. All seems to work now. I didn't pick 're-register' because I thought then I might have to go hunting for all 3 keys from the matrix site. I guess that doesn't happen and all you need to add is the new CoW key? Picking 'next' seems to work too. Slower, obviously, but it didn't seem to mean I had to reload all the images, descriptions and community scenarios etc - everything seems to be as it was.

< Message edited by phoenix -- 5/18/2017 3:11:28 PM >

(in reply to ultradave)
Post #: 14
RE: Installation - 5/18/2017 3:55:22 PM   
GBS

Im having a hard time. This is really too complicated. yeaterday I installed the 112 update fro the Matrix site. I played the game this morning and it showed version 112. Today I Purchased and downloaded Chains of War. 7zip shows three files. I double click the exe file and the the install began. it asked for the CoW lisence key and I added it. I mistakenly clicked next to install the whole game. anyway about 60% through a screen ask for disk #2 or the file it can be found in. Im cluless at these things. Totally stuck. I have started the ex again and this time did "re register". it still stops and ask for disk #2. Order # is xxxxxxxx. Is there any chance to arrange a refund, wipe the slate clean. this is way to frustrating for a man my age!

EDITED: Remove the order reference number. VPaulus

< Message edited by VPaulus -- 5/18/2017 4:28:49 PM >

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 15
RE: Installation - 5/18/2017 4:14:29 PM   
GBS

Its now OK. Reinstalled the update, put in the new lisence key for CoW when prompted then clicked re register. Have no idea what I did but it works.

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 16
RE: Installation - 5/18/2017 9:17:35 PM   
downtown

Slightly off-topic...but are you saying that the 4GB file we are asked to download when we purchase CMANO:COL is the full game up to V1.12? I am asking because I have kept all the update zip files thinking if I wanted to reinstall I would need all of them. Is it safe to keep the 4GB download file and delete all the other update zip files I have?

Old soldiers never die. They just fade away.

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 17
RE: Installation - 5/18/2017 10:23:29 PM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: downtown

Slightly off-topic...but are you saying that the 4GB file we are asked to download when we purchase CMANO:COL is the full game up to V1.12?

Yes. I'm 99.99999% sure that's the case.
But let me confirm tomorrow with the production team.

(in reply to downtown)
Post #: 18
RE: Installation - 5/19/2017 6:25:52 AM   
riflebrigade

Entered my KEY ?????-?????-????? Serial number for Command Chains of War when running V1.12 upgrade, then tried with full 4GB CCOW each time I get "Command Chains of War Serial Number is Void" message.

Do I need to have an internet connection when either of the above is run or do I have the wrong Serial Number?

I do not currently have an internet connection for Windows 8.1, only for my MacBook Pro.

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 19
RE: Installation - 5/19/2017 9:46:30 AM   
VPaulus

@downtown
I've just confirmed, yes you only need the new 4GB installer. You can delete the previous ones.

@riflebrigade
No you don't need an Internet connection. Just make sure you are typing in the serial number manually via the keyboard in the format of XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX and not to copy and paste the serial only you could be copying not only the serial number but the white spaces on either side of the serial number.

(in reply to riflebrigade)
Post #: 20
RE: Installation - 5/19/2017 11:33:34 PM   
riflebrigade

Thank you for your prompt reply VPaulus.

Always type Serial Number manually.

With Serial Number for CMANO (purchased when game was released) game loaded V1.12 upgrade without entering Chains of War Serial Number upgrades, can install new 4GB upgrade without entering Chains of War Serial Number.

V1.12 is latest version.

Every time I enter Chains of War Serial number I get void serial number message for V1.12 and Chains of War exe files.

Tried re register still got void serial number messages.

I have not purchased the Northern Inferno upgrade so it's serial number location is left blank.

Is there a way I can check if I have been sent the wrong serial number?

I have had no problems with other Matrix games, War in the East, War in the West etc.

To reinstall game would I re install CMANO from cd, then install by the 4GB exe file?

Can I change the name of the current CMANO folder before re installing game, to remove it if upgrade works or go back to using current CMANO folder if it does not work?

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 21
RE: Installation - 5/19/2017 11:56:57 PM   
chops

I did a clean install of the game using the latest all-in-one installer. I entered my license keys for CMANO, NI, and COW, however, the Live Scenarios are not activated.

I own all of the Live Scenarios, but don't see a way to enter my license keys for the Scenarios. What is the procedure?

Post #: 22
RE: Installation - 5/20/2017 8:34:56 AM   
Dabo

I think you have to run the installer for each Live scenario and re enter the keys

(in reply to chops)
Post #: 23
RE: Installation - 5/20/2017 2:38:16 PM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: riflebrigade
Every time I enter Chains of War Serial number I get void serial number message for V1.12 and Chains of War exe files.
Tried re register still got void serial number messages.

I'm sorry but what you mean with void? Can you attach a screenshot showing the serial number message?

quote:

Is there a way I can check if I have been sent the wrong serial number?

You'll have to open a helpdesk ticket. But honestly, I don't think that could happen.

quote:

To reinstall game would I re install CMANO from cd, then install by the 4GB exe file?

No. For reinstalling use the new 4GB installer you have received for installing Chains of War (Command-MANO-NI-CoW-SetupRelease-v112.exe).

quote:

Can I change the name of the current CMANO folder before re installing game, to remove it if upgrade works or go back to using current CMANO folder if it does not work?

Sure.

Post #: 24
RE: Installation - 5/20/2017 5:10:29 PM   
DONNIE67

Hi. On the topic of installation, should I extract Chains of War to the original CMANO directory or should it be installed in its own directory.

Thank you for any assistance.

(in reply to Dabo)
Post #: 25
RE: Installation - 5/21/2017 2:30:08 AM   
riflebrigade

Tried a clean installation and program accepted Chains of War Serial Number.

Thanks for help given.

(in reply to DONNIE67)
Post #: 26
RE: Installation - 5/21/2017 12:59:47 PM   
bobfall

Wow. This is my 3rd try at install.
It lost a setup file.
Reloaded.
After it finished I got exception reports on CoW and Command.
Removed both.
Reloading again

But, its okay. Really Really want to play.
3rd time will be a charm.
bob

(in reply to Dabo)
Post #: 27
RE: Installation - 5/21/2017 1:39:10 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: bobfall

Wow. This is my 3rd try at install.
It lost a setup file.
Reloaded.
After it finished I got exception reports on CoW and Command.
Removed both.
Reloading again

But, its okay. Really Really want to play.
3rd time will be a charm.
bob

Hi, if on your next attempt you get error messages again could you please post them here? Thanks!

(in reply to bobfall)
Post #: 28
RE: Installation - 8/12/2017 9:04:07 PM   
Bigfish

Hi,

because i have trouble installing everything newer then 1.11 - setup 1.12 kills my office installation - i tried to register CoW (i bought it today) in two ways:

- Adding the serial number to the serialreg.txt which can be found in game folder - this is not enough
- Adding a key Command Chains of War to the registry (copied and renamed the key Command Northern Inferno and changed the serial number) - this is enough

After this CoW is licensed. So everything you have to do for licensing without reinstallation is to add your serial number to the registry (and the serialreg.txt).

----

(Now i need a solution for my trouble with the installer and why it kills other software - it is annoying to install updates to a second system and copy the files to the main system to get newer versions...)

< Message edited by Bigfish -- 8/12/2017 9:05:08 PM >

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 29
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: DLCs >> Command: Chains of War >> Installation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI