Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Stolen Credit Card Number

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Stolen Credit Card Number Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stolen Credit Card Number - 5/23/2017 8:35:46 PM   
GaPete_slith

I recently had two charges show up on my credit card, one from Matrix Games and the other from Steam. I did not make either transaction. I need to talk with someone from Matrix about this, one was set up as a recurring charge. I have looked and cannot find any number or email. I am a regular customer here, I would like to discuss this with someone.

If I am to be damned then let it be for who I am and not what I think you want me to be.
Post #: 1
RE: Stolen Credit Card Number - 5/23/2017 8:48:22 PM   
VPaulus

We don't have recurring charges.
Please open a helpdesk ticket at:
http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

(in reply to GaPete_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: Stolen Credit Card Number - 5/23/2017 9:52:13 PM   
Yogi the Great

I'd call your credit card company. I had a problem a few years back started with some small charges to Steam and then advanced to larger charges to other places in a few states. Luckily for me my credit card company didn't think it looked right and called me. Good chance if you are a Steam customer that may be where it was hacked or obtained in some way.

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 3
RE: Stolen Credit Card Number - 5/23/2017 10:03:31 PM   
Chickenboy

We had a number of fraudulent charges on one of our credit cards last summer, culminating in two massive "Hotels.com" charges. In going through the history, a $1.00 charge to "Walmart.com" presaged the fraudulent charges (we didn't make that one either).

The credit card company stated that some folks will try to push through a trivial charge to a big website in the hopes that it gets lost in the fog. Once they don't get 'called' on the small charge then they drive a truck through it and push the big ticket fraudulent charges through shortly thereafter.

Yogi is right. Call the CC company immediately and suspend your account.

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 4
RE: Stolen Credit Card Number - 5/24/2017 12:40:14 AM   
GaPete_slith

VPaulis, thank you for responding. I did not think you had any such thing which is why I finally decided to contact you. I had gone to the help desk but the first thing it wants is a title name, and this isn't about anything I bought. I'll go ahead and open a ticket.

If I am to be damned then let it be for who I am and not what I think you want me to be.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 5
RE: Stolen Credit Card Number - 5/24/2017 6:52:43 AM   
Rising-Sun

I ordered something awhile back, my bank called me and told me I had double charge too and of course I didn't have enough to cover it twice. Had no ideas how that happen.

(in reply to GaPete_slith)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Stolen Credit Card Number Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI