Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Issues I hope get fixed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Issues I hope get fixed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Issues I hope get fixed - 7/25/2017 4:25:32 PM   
dave123

I really like this game, but 2 issues are almost making me want to quit.

1. Predicted combat results are crazy bad. I can't count the times that predicted combat was something like 1 attacker, 4 defender and the opposite or worse happened. This really detracts from the game. I know that combat and warfare is unpredictable in nature, but I've played lots of war games - and this is just way off what I would expect. Just a few minutes ago, I attacked a unit, and had predicted of 0 attacker, 2 defender. The defender got a rugged defense, and the actual results were 0 attacker, 3 defender. Really? How is that possible?

Chess mode in multiplayer should be easy to add, and would really help!

2. Retreats are baffling in this game. Many, Many times, I've had a unit retreat forward towards the enemy and into a river when it could have retreated backwards towards friendlies along a road. I've had games that have swung because of a few crazy retreats. This makes the loser feel cheated and makes for a hollow victory for the winner.

So my question is: Is this game still being supported? Any chance a patch will ever address these issues?

thanx
Post #: 1
RE: Issues I hope get fixed - 8/2/2017 4:40:33 PM   
dave123

I guess I have my answer :)

(in reply to dave123)
Post #: 2
RE: Issues I hope get fixed - 8/2/2017 8:59:01 PM   
Darth Holliday

Just a shot in the dark, but why don't you ask this question in the Tech Support Section....?

"Let's not forget, George Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British. He shot them.”

(in reply to dave123)
Post #: 3
RE: Issues I hope get fixed - 8/2/2017 10:11:13 PM   
R35

The main PzC forums are actually at the Slitherines:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=121
Most of the community is there and the developers are also more likely to check that forum. That said, there was a small hotfix released for PzC in March this year:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=76489
but development of PzC has pretty much finished I think and I doubt you`ll get that sort of expansions for it, now that the PzC 2 has already been announced:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=464

(in reply to Darth Holliday)
Post #: 4
RE: Issues I hope get fixed - 8/3/2017 4:36:15 PM   
dave123

thanx, will do.

(in reply to R35)
Post #: 5
RE: Issues I hope get fixed - 12/3/2017 7:50:31 AM   
PoorOldSpike

quote:

ORIGINAL: dave123

1. Predicted combat results are crazy bad. I can't count the times that predicted combat was something like 1 attacker, 4 defender and the opposite or worse happened...

2. Retreats are baffling in this game. Many, Many times, I've had a unit retreat forward towards the enemy and into a river...

On the other hand unpredictability is what keeps a game fresh as it means no scenario will ever play the same each time you play it..:)
For example when combat results don't go as planned, you can regard it as something unforeseen happening, like some of your attacking tanks breaking down or getting stuck in rough terrain, or a communication foul up spoiling your infantry attack etc.
Likewise retreats could have an element of blind panic in them that makes them run like crazy in any direction.
If PzCorps was a complex expert-level wargame those things might be jarring, but it's more of a "fun" game so we needn't take them too seriously..:)

(in reply to dave123)
Post #: 6
RE: Issues I hope get fixed - 12/3/2017 10:09:19 AM   
demyansk

I just started the 1939 Campaign again for the tenth time. I love this game. I am glad I don't have the hours counting on this game.

(in reply to PoorOldSpike)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Issues I hope get fixed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI