Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is this the correct forum for game mechanics questions?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Is this the correct forum for game mechanics questions? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is this the correct forum for game mechanics questions? - 8/9/2017 10:06:52 AM   
I1066

Hi guys!
Back playing the game after some extended absence...a lot of great new things seem to have been introduced!

So after playing with the new features for a while now I have some questions, but first I just want to make sure i post to the correct place...

Also, which is the correct forum for more generic questions and discussions on the game itself, the AI, how things works (or should work?), tradeoffs between realism and being a simulator/game and so on?

cheers
/H

PS Perhaps a few new forums would be a good idea?
  • Game Mechanics & operations
    Description: Questions and discussions about the game, how to do something in the game, which settings affect what and under which circumstances and everything else concerning how the game operates.

• Game AI
    Description: Questions and discussions on the game AI and how it work, what to expect from the AI on a given command/situation, why something played out the way it did in a specific situation, and so on.

• Simulation model
    Description: Questions and discussions on how different things are simulated within the game, and which "parameters" are considered and used by the game when simulating the real world. Also, what is not part of the simulation yet and what simplifications are in play right now.

Post #: 1
RE: Is this the correct forum for game mechanics questi... - 8/13/2017 2:34:10 AM   
tjhkkr

Though I probably cannot answer your questions, this part of the forum seems as good as any!

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to I1066)
Post #: 2
RE: Is this the correct forum for game mechanics questi... - 8/13/2017 1:12:52 PM   
kevinkins

I agree. But I1066 might want to read through http://www.warfaresims.com/ to come back up to speed. Then post questions here. Having too many specialized sub-forums may just slow down responses to questions. I go to this forum more than the others by far since it has the most traffic.

Kevin

< Message edited by kevinkin -- 8/13/2017 1:13:19 PM >

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 3
RE: Is this the correct forum for game mechanics questi... - 8/13/2017 1:24:41 PM   
thewood1

We don't need more forums. There are 7-8 sub-forums already. A number of them are rarely used. Plus there are almost 20 stickied threads that already clutter the forum. My suggestion on those topics is use the War Room sub-forum. Unfortunately, I don't think many people read it.

This is a general game forum already for game questions around mechanics and game operations. Unfortunately, a lot of game discussions go unnoticed because people continue to put unrelated questions and reports in threads on another topic.

Two suggestions that will make it easier to get help and leave behind a meaningful discussion is post a save with any specific question and use the forum search function before posting the question. I know its one of the crappiest forum search tools around, but it still works and can reveal a wealth of information. It also lets you see if the devs have answered it before, versus a guess you'll get from players yet to really understand the game.

In the end, there are players who can't figure out where to post stuff. Adding three more options will not help that.

(in reply to kevinkins)
Post #: 4
RE: Is this the correct forum for game mechanics questi... - 8/14/2017 3:56:04 AM   
Rory Noonan

Just to tack onto thewood1's search suggestion, you can use google to search the site by prefixing your search with 'site:matrixgames.com',

e.g. to find chains of war content:
site:matrixgames.com chains of war

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Is this the correct forum for game mechanics questions? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI