Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

any chance for WitP 2 ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> any chance for WitP 2 ? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
any chance for WitP 2 ? - 9/30/2017 12:33:00 PM   
czert2

what you think ? any chance that we will get it ?
Post #: 1
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 9/30/2017 12:52:58 PM   
Yaab

"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?"

(in reply to czert2)
Post #: 2
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 9/30/2017 12:59:45 PM   
drw61

I'm being pessimistic but I don't think so.

(in reply to czert2)
Post #: 3
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 9/30/2017 2:52:23 PM   
Zorch

It could never live up to expectations.

(in reply to drw61)
Post #: 4
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 9/30/2017 2:53:32 PM   
nikoslejeune

You might want to read this thread from last august.The start is bumpy but just keep reading.
There are some interesting discussions about your question in detail.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4331665

Quite a pile of cash and a dedicated team would be needed to make it happen so place your bets and dont hold your breath.

< Message edited by nikoslejeune -- 9/30/2017 2:54:10 PM >

(in reply to czert2)
Post #: 5
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 9/30/2017 2:56:38 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: nikoslejeune

You might want to read this thread from last august.The start is bumpy but just keep reading.

Quite a pile of cash and a dedicated team would be needed to make it happen so place your bets and dont hold your breath.

Not just dedicated team, but experienced in coding and gaming design!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to nikoslejeune)
Post #: 6
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 9/30/2017 3:02:12 PM   
InfiniteMonkey

Yes.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 7
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 9/30/2017 4:02:10 PM   
Platoonist

quote:

1. Start GoFundMe Page

2. Advertise some idiotic cause in need of funding like paying off your speeding tickets or proving that the earth is flat.

3. Watch money pour in from crowdfunding morons.

4. Divert said funds to WITP 2.

Post #: 8
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 9/30/2017 6:44:13 PM   
Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Platoonist

quote:

1. Start GoFundMe Page

2. Advertise some idiotic cause in need of funding like paying off your speeding tickets or proving that the earth is flat.

What do you mean the world is not flat? What kind of blasphemy is this? Next you will be saying that the IJN isn't the best navy in the world.

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 9
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 9/30/2017 7:10:49 PM   
Nami Koshino

The flat earther, Rapper B.o.B, who once famously argued with Neil Grasse Tyson about the Earth being flat, started a go fund me page a few days ago to raise money for the launches of several satellites into orbit that will somehow prove the opposite of what satellites (not to mention hundreds of years of science) have been proving for decades.

Either the stoopid is strong with this one or I'm thinking he's doing this as a desperate attempt to revive a flagging career. What's scary is that Go Fund Me works less as a crowdfunding site, and more as a digital tip jar. There’s no real accountability to make sure he uses the money for what he says, or has to prove or give back anything to his donors at all.

Rice is a great snack when you're hungry and you want 2,000 of something to eat.

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 10
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 9/30/2017 9:50:37 PM   
czert2

quote:

ORIGINAL: nikoslejeune

well, if i have free 1 mil usd (or do you think that 500k will be enough) i will happily give them to matrix to develop WitP 2. but i dont have them.
Hmmm... what about starting kickstarter ?

Post #: 11
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 9/30/2017 10:31:43 PM   
Chris21wen

WitP AE is WitP 2.  What you should be asking is there going to be a WitP 3.

(in reply to czert2)
Post #: 12
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 10/1/2017 12:11:11 AM   
JeffroK

It would be interesting to see what the project would cost and how it would proceed.

Scope it properly, it may not be a mountain, just a tall hill.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 13
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 10/1/2017 7:17:15 PM   
rustysi

Are we there yet????

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 14
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 10/1/2017 7:19:29 PM   
rustysi

quote:

well, if i have free 1 mil usd (or do you think that 500k will be enough) i will happily give them to

What ya doin' buuuuuudy??? Listen I have this charity.....

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 15
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 10/2/2017 1:23:14 AM   
czert2

quote:

ORIGINAL: rustysi

quote:

well, if i have free 1 mil usd (or do you think that 500k will be enough) i will happily give them to

What ya doin' buuuuuudy??? Listen I have this charity.....

IF my dear, IF.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 16
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 10/3/2017 7:59:31 AM   
Yaab

Can the new AI be ported to WiF? Talk about killing two birds with one stone.

(in reply to czert2)
Post #: 17
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 10/3/2017 2:58:08 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: JeffK

It would be interesting to see what the project would cost and how it would proceed.

Scope it properly, it may not be a mountain, just a tall hill.

This has already been done on the previous go-around on the topic several months ago. IIRC, with input from Alfred and wdolson, the minimum for development would be over USD $2 million.
At the rate people here are making suggestions for changes I expect it would be more like $5 million.
There would be no recouping the costs, so it could only be done "for the love of the game"!

EDIT: Just saw this news item about a guy paying nearly $38 Million for a very plain Chinese bowl. Perhaps we could tell him we will be producing a very old Chinese game and ask him to pre-buy a copy for a similar amount ...
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/03/1000-year-old-china-song-dynasty-bowl-sells-for-record-377m

< Message edited by BBfanboy -- 10/3/2017 3:39:55 PM >

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 18
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 10/3/2017 4:38:25 PM   
miv792

Kikstarter pls.

Sorry for my english

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 19
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 10/3/2017 6:52:52 PM   
moonraker65

If they could keep the game play and concept intact and maybe beef the graphics up a bit without ruining it then yes I'm all for it. But if they were to make it the same as WiTE with that game engine then forget it. Never ever figured it out and haven't bought another game since. Ruined it for me

< Message edited by moonraker -- 10/3/2017 6:53:43 PM >

(in reply to miv792)
Post #: 20
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 10/3/2017 7:28:00 PM   
Lecivius

I doubt we will ever see the perfect storm of knowledge, skill, time, and drive, again. No matter how much was thrown at it We are lucky, indeed.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

(in reply to moonraker65)
Post #: 21
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 10/3/2017 7:32:09 PM   
offenseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

I doubt we will ever see the perfect storm of knowledge, skill, time, and drive, again. No matter how much was thrown at it We are lucky, indeed.

+1 Once in a lifetime

Sometimes things said in Nitwit sound very different in English.

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 22
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 10/3/2017 8:02:53 PM   
Dili

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nami Koshino

The flat earther, Rapper B.o.B, who once famously argued with Neil Grasse Tyson about the Earth being flat, started a go fund me page a few days ago to raise money for the launches of several satellites into orbit that will somehow prove the opposite of what satellites (not to mention hundreds of years of science) have been proving for decades.

Either the stoopid is strong with this one or I'm thinking he's doing this as a desperate attempt to revive a flagging career. What's scary is that Go Fund Me works less as a crowdfunding site, and more as a digital tip jar. There’s no real accountability to make sure he uses the money for what he says, or has to prove or give back anything to his donors at all.

He just need to go to a mountain or ship mast top. That is the reason people in past know that earth was not flat, starting with Greeks.

(in reply to Nami Koshino)
Post #: 23
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 10/4/2017 8:27:00 PM   
Will_L

Just buy a Mega Million or Powerball ticket each time they run and if you win (haha) give it to Matrix with the caveat that it
be used solely to develop WitP AE2.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 24
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 10/4/2017 8:30:47 PM   
Lecivius

quote:

ORIGINAL: WRLertola

Just buy a Mega Million or Powerball ticket each time they run and if you win (haha) give it to Matrix with the caveat that it
be used solely to develop WitP AE2.

It's not just money. This has been discussed before, but it takes dedication, database, attention to detail, love of genre....SO many things

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

(in reply to Will_L)
Post #: 25
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 10/7/2017 10:49:26 PM   
Mac Linehan

Gents-

All things are possible, no matter how improbable. One can always hope; Life is full of surprises...

An always hopeful Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 26
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 10/8/2017 4:10:48 PM   
RichardAckermann

What new features would be wanted to be included in the "next" WITP ?
Or otherwise, what kind of improvements would be desired?

(in reply to Mac Linehan)
Post #: 27
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 10/9/2017 12:30:25 AM   
czert2

well, i will love better graphic, which will support bigger resolutions,
events system which will show you some important events (like fall of singapore), and will allow you to chose from multiple options like complete shinano as originaly planed yamato class ship instead of conversion and building new carrier instead of conversion (somewhere is formum is buried post which expains - by looking at buidl tims of these ship types, then it will take only around 150 more days to build two ships instead of doing this conversion)
and when speaking about events, i will love some ahistorical options based on luck, like sub which carried plans for japanese version of tiger buyed from germany was sunk on route, but we will have chance it will arive safely, so japanese will be able to build these tanks, and similiary there will be chance that booth subs (or none) which carried plans for copy of me 163 (rocket interceptor) will arive, speeding up time of thier research (or completly canceling this posibility).
, and there are many more options to improve upon, like land combat, air missions (especialy for ground battles with close airbase and ground support, there were manytimes up to 5 missions per day,instead of only 2 we have now).
variable turn lengts, ranging from 1 day up to 14 days, selectable in ongoing game or reverted back to only 1 turn based on criteria.
1937 start allowing us to setup better start for pacific war (and here will come 14 days turn extremly handy)
all pilot training will be done on map on new specilaized airshools, for all nations, so player will have more control about hw much pilots will be pumped every months and which quality
ability to start completly new industry in running game, dosnt matter if it will be new rafinery, research plant or engine plant.
and many other ideas.
yes, i will know it will need completly new game engine, but one can dream.
and for databese - well, one can recycle existing one and ask for volunters on forum. for dedication..well all it need one guy from old team as leader to put same spirit to new team.
oh and forgot one most important - complete integration of witp tracker to game.

< Message edited by czert2 -- 10/9/2017 12:38:03 AM >

(in reply to RichardAckermann)
Post #: 28
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 10/9/2017 5:56:08 AM   
Numdydar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

Too true.

I the other thread posted above, I asked for volunteers to see if people with the right skill set would be willing to step up and commit to something that would take 3-4 years minimum.

I got several people willing to help with research, but no one with coding/database/UI design/etc. to offer to assist. This was done to prove a point that a totally volunteer effort was not going to get AE 2.0 off the ground.

People that do have the correct skill sets are out there. And it is very possible that a number of them would be willing to work on a 2.0 project if paid for their time. But the labor costs alone would likely run into the $3-4M USD for a team of 10-15 people for 3-4 years full time.

Like someone said above, a VC angel is needed that does not expect any ROI or profit for the effort. There are likely those people out there too, but are much harder to find

Needless to say, I am not one

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 29
RE: any chance for WitP 2 ? - 10/9/2017 1:31:21 PM   
RichardAckermann

Some very good Ideas here, czert2.
I am actually working on something like this for the past 2 years.

But don't be too optimistic, there are a lot of obstacles in the way.
Starting with my outdated eqipment and skill. I last worked as programmer in the late 90ies.
I just put a bit of my spare time in it now and then.
And it still has more bugs than Brooklyn does have subway rats.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> any chance for WitP 2 ? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI