Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A drop in pilot experience

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> A drop in pilot experience Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A drop in pilot experience - 10/13/2017 5:10:53 PM   
BigBadWolf

Can someone explain what happened to my Army pilots in training on turn 26? Why did their experience drop?

< Message edited by BigBadWolf -- 10/13/2017 5:11:27 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: A drop in pilot experience - 10/13/2017 5:17:03 PM   
bartrat

A new month and the new trainees are less experienced from the flight schools. What scen?

WW2 logistics fanboy and
Rat Rancher
Rat ranching for fun and profit, had better be fun, cause there is no profit.

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 2
RE: A drop in pilot experience - 10/13/2017 5:20:03 PM   
BigBadWolf

RA. But shouldn't the Army graduates always have 45 exp, at least in 1942? Just like the Navy ones have 55? Am I missing something?

(in reply to bartrat)
Post #: 3
RE: A drop in pilot experience - 10/13/2017 5:22:36 PM   
bartrat

I don't know about R.A. scen.
Someone else who plays RA PLEASE chime in!

WW2 logistics fanboy and
Rat Rancher
Rat ranching for fun and profit, had better be fun, cause there is no profit.

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 4
RE: A drop in pilot experience - 10/13/2017 5:55:58 PM   
Lowpe

That is your raw army pilots in training pools.

45 is incredibly high average, a gift to Japan. New recruits, which you added 174 have much lower experience and are in the 1-3 month category to the right, which you chopped off.

This number will continue to degrade as future months occur and more raw recruits are added to your starting elite training school pilots.

That 45 starting experience is a pretty hefty gift.

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 5
RE: A drop in pilot experience - 10/13/2017 6:16:02 PM   
BigBadWolf

Nope, these are the guys that graduated flight school and are ready for deployment. In December, their experience was 45, and all of a sudden it dropped to 36, just a point more than guys in 10-12 month training. Wasn't 45/55 starting experience always a thing, ever since WitP?

Navy pilots have 43 exp in their 10-12 month training and they graduate at 55.

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 6
RE: A drop in pilot experience - 10/13/2017 9:35:39 PM   
Lokasenna

My guess is that 1/3 of the pilots graduated on the turning over of the month and entered your pool, causing it to drop by that amount... that's a big, non-averaged drop, though. I don't know. I don't really know whether the XP for those pools is affected by the pilot training schools, or simply hard-coded either in the engine or in the scenario itself.

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 7
RE: A drop in pilot experience - 10/14/2017 7:48:44 PM   
PaxMondo

BBW, I don't have RA on this machine, but I do have BTSL.

IJN 41 = 55
IJN 42 = 50
IJN 42 = 45

So what will happen is that beginning on 1/42, your pilot schools will all drop 5 exp pts in terms of targets. at the end of Jan 42 you will graduate 50 exp (average) with that will mix with your 55 exp (average) pool. YOu will lose another 5 pts EXP in teh schools on 1/43.

Pretty sure that RA is similar so that you are seeing this ...

Pax

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 8
RE: A drop in pilot experience - 10/15/2017 10:42:13 AM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigBadWolf

... Wasn't 45/55 starting experience always a thing, ever since WitP? ...

No.

You are confusing the wet dream of a JFB designed mod with the objective assessment represented by an official scenario.

Alfred

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 9
RE: A drop in pilot experience - 10/15/2017 4:35:28 PM   
Lowpe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

quote:

No.

You are confusing the wet dream of a JFB designed mod with the objective assessment represented by an official scenario.

Alfred

I recall graduating pilots in the 20's, and eventually draining it all the way and getting pilots in the 10s. Here is a picture of my training in late May of 43 with my game with Jocke. Well on my way to single digits. As it should be.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Lowpe -- 10/15/2017 4:38:40 PM >

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 10
RE: A drop in pilot experience - 10/15/2017 5:52:07 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

BBW, I don't have RA on this machine, but I do have BTSL.

IJN 41 = 55
IJN 42 = 50
IJN 42 = 45

So what will happen is that beginning on 1/42, your pilot schools will all drop 5 exp pts in terms of targets. at the end of Jan 42 you will graduate 50 exp (average) with that will mix with your 55 exp (average) pool. YOu will lose another 5 pts EXP in teh schools on 1/43.

Pretty sure that RA is similar so that you are seeing this ...

OK, this is what I thought it was. High starting replacement experience and then it drops - so it behooves you to pull all the pilots out that you can as early as possible and just place them in your general reserve.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 11
RE: A drop in pilot experience - 10/16/2017 11:08:31 PM   
John 3rd

quote:

quote:

No.

Alfred

Thanks Alfred.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 12
RE: A drop in pilot experience - 10/16/2017 11:14:00 PM   
John 3rd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

quote:

quote:

No.

Alfred

I recall graduating pilots in the 20's, and eventually draining it all the way and getting pilots in the 10s. Here is a picture of my training in late May of 43 with my game with Jocke. Well on my way to single digits. As it should be.

That is exactly how my pilots look in 1944/45 vs. Dan.

RA is so far behind BTS/BTSL in terms of development. When Dan and I 1st re-started our game there was a whirlwind of changes to dial the Japanese back. When I left the game and then came back we made a few more then went into development of Between the Storms. RA has set ever since.

Your issue is with IJA pilots and those numbers have never been touched by me or Michael. They should be the same as when John folded RA into Da Babes. It would be important to know if there are differences.

I am sure you have taken out more pilots then you graduated and that has dropped your XP. In 1942 I use every pilot I can find to fill out training units and then train them up. It take months for that graduating number to come back up after this is done, however, I prefer doing this in that I--the player--can train them to what is needed.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 13
RE: A drop in pilot experience - 10/17/2017 4:27:36 PM   
BigBadWolf

Well, that's just the thing, I haven't pulled too many pilots out. There were 1800 of them on December 31st with exp 45, 194 were added on January first and the whole bunch dropped to 36. Now, I'm about as far as you can get from being a mathematically literate person, but something just doesn't add up.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 14
RE: A drop in pilot experience - 10/17/2017 5:44:03 PM   
Alfred

quote:

Well, that's just the thing, I haven't pulled too many pilots out. There were 1800 of them on December 31st with exp 45, 194 were added on January first and the whole bunch dropped to 36. Now, I'm about as far as you can get from being a mathematically literate person, but something just doesn't add up.

How is that relevant.

The pilot replacement pool does not store individual pilots. Consequently it does not store individual pilot stats. When a "pilot" is pulled out of the replacement pool he is "born" with stats based on the "hard coded" year based national average.

You are playing a mod where the 1942 stats are lower than the 1941 stats. Start pulling out in 1942 your new born pilots are assigned 1942 values. Pull them out in 1944 the new born pilots get 1944 values. All being subject to randoms and the impact of your TRACOM.

Alfred

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 15
RE: A drop in pilot experience - 10/17/2017 6:05:26 PM   
BigBadWolf

Aha, that makes sense. So I should have pulled the lot into reserve in December. Thanks.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 16
RE: A drop in pilot experience - 10/18/2017 1:10:06 AM   
John 3rd

Keep me up if you see more issues and have serious questions. Will help wherever possible.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 17
RE: A drop in pilot experience - 10/18/2017 4:30:35 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

quote:

How is that relevant.

The pilot replacement pool does not store individual pilots. Consequently it does not store individual pilot stats. When a "pilot" is pulled out of the replacement pool he is "born" with stats based on the "hard coded" year based national average.

You are playing a mod where the 1942 stats are lower than the 1941 stats. Start pulling out in 1942 your new born pilots are assigned 1942 values. Pull them out in 1944 the new born pilots get 1944 values. All being subject to randoms and the impact of your TRACOM.

Alfred

Once again you state with clarity and eloquence that which I stumbled and mumbled through. thanks (again)!

Pax

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> A drop in pilot experience Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI