Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych0 Soviets)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych0 Soviets) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/13/2017 4:25:13 PM   
Psych0

This allows you to concentrate on Moscow now. I better step up my game...

(in reply to SparkleyTits)
Post #: 61
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/13/2017 4:39:04 PM   
SparkleyTits

A tip for the future Psych0 incase you don't know as it is a Russian thing the plethora of level 4 towns around Moscow are an absolute annoying godsend.
Get some crappy units with decent construction on them when I start threatening around Vyzma

Should be around turn 30 if I am lucky at this rate haha!

(in reply to Psych0)
Post #: 62
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/14/2017 5:35:28 AM   
Psych0

Righto, Soviet T4 done. I decided to stay everywhere except in the north where obviously a slight adjustment is needed, haha. No point trying to rail a whole bunch of units around to try to prevent Leningrad from being cut off, that's a done deal. But Leningrad itself is fairly nicely defended so the Germans will still need to fight for it. The Finnish border was vacated except for the frozen units around Viborg. The Pskov-Velikaya troop concentrations retreated to Staraya Russa - VL - Vitebsk. Western Front holds the landbridge strongly with 40+ CV stacks. Bring it on! Then along the Dnepr to the Pripyat marshes. There are a fair few panzers at the Dnepr near Gomel. Guderian might be planning a breakthrough there next. Not something that will achieve much I reckon as he'd put those forces really far from his railhead, which now arrived around Daugavpils. Let's see what Manstein and Guderian do next.

Around Moscow a carpet of new recruits are digging in to create the ring of steel. Should get to level 3 forts by the time the Krauts arrive. Oh and a lot of leaders were replaced with more competent ones, increasing combat strength significantly for the Western Front in particular. I somehow received 175 AP this turn, I though it was only 50 per turn? Perhaps due to mobilisation Stavka got a one-off boost?

In the south, Kiev and northern flank defended plus all along the Dnepr behind the river and in nice rough terrain. Still some troops in the open in the Nikolaev-Kirovograd-Krivoy Rog triangle on their way back to the southern Dnepr. Odessa no change, 2 corps sitting in the level 3 forts around the city awaiting the assault which surely must come some day soon. Or not, then they can stay there in sea supply forever. I think Odessa is a nice prize for the Axis as it gives them an advanced supply source via sea, so worth defended.

Sparkles mate, do your worst!

< Message edited by Psych0 -- 10/14/2017 5:37:37 AM >

Post #: 63
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/14/2017 8:31:01 AM   
SparkleyTits

Ok I am going to think long and hard about this one bud over of the usual just move and hope I learn from it

Btw remember that with the way construction/sappers and such works atm you can only build level 2 forts with armies atm unless on urban/level 4 towns or you use forts and attach sappers directly etc

Those troops around Moscow might be better used elsewhere to build backline forts for your frontline to fall back on as I am still seriously far away from Moscow and that would slow me down more than prepping at Moscow atm

It might be good to keep them on the level 4 towns and urban hexes etc if you want to get your forts up but otherwise you can get your level 2 forts easily by planning 2 turns ahead

I have done my screenshots this time so I will update in a bit :)

(in reply to Psych0)
Post #: 64
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/14/2017 10:57:09 AM   
SparkleyTits

Hopefully I am adding these image correctly!

This is AGN as it was handed to me

First thing first is I did 3 HQBU so I pretty much had the run of the mill up here this turn and straight away I spotted a nice sized army with a retreat path of at least 2 rivers

Here I basically went for what I imagine will become a loose death struggle of that army sticking out like a sore thumb from the north and the south
I also took some strength to the rough terrain near Vadia to make sure that was not an option for any railed reinforcements as that place is very easy to defend and to protect my flank
With the last of my panzers I went over the Volkhov and kept it near Kirishi to ensure my flanks were safe and to combat any possibility of him deciding he can fight properly for Leningrad
With my infantry I just rolled up my best army next to his first defence lines ready to start pummeling Leningrad as soon as possible

< Message edited by SparkleyTits -- 10/14/2017 11:09:35 AM >

Post #: 65
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/14/2017 10:57:41 AM   
SparkleyTits

Edit

< Message edited by SparkleyTits -- 10/14/2017 11:09:48 AM >

Post #: 66
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/14/2017 11:02:04 AM   
SparkleyTits

AGC as handed to me

Here is my great mass of constantly huge mistakes
I have made the going tough for myself here so made as usual no ground but a few hexes here but luckily because of the situation at AGN all available reinforcements are now shipped to the centre and my strength is coming to bear I imagine soon I will finally be able to force a retreat
It shouldn't be long until I finally break through Gomel as I have brought a huge amount of force next ready to launch nex turn to it so I will be surprised if psych0 is able to stop my crossing

< Message edited by SparkleyTits -- 10/14/2017 11:09:56 AM >

Post #: 67
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/14/2017 11:02:49 AM   
Telemecus

Need to right click and copy image address in imgur

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 10/14/2017 11:18:21 AM >

Post #: 68
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/14/2017 11:04:55 AM   
SparkleyTits

Edit

< Message edited by SparkleyTits -- 10/14/2017 11:10:07 AM >

Post #: 69
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/14/2017 11:08:04 AM   
SparkleyTits

In the south I tried to think hard about what to do as I am really finding it difficult to come to graps with there being so much ground

I decided it would be best to use Leningrad to my advantage as Psych0 was forced to rail all the industry from there it has allowed me a turn of grace to catch up with the industry in the south so I placed my panzers as far forward as I could and still keep fuel to push again next turn in order to hopefully either hit some industry or force it to cost twice as much

With my infantry I bunched them together and have prepared for either a push on the Dnepr if Psych0 decides to stall my aim for indsutry or to cover my panzers flanks deeper into the south if Psych0 decides to hold the Dnepr in force

Post #: 70
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/14/2017 11:09:17 AM   
SparkleyTits

Oh I thought you meant use the image thing in the thread list I did not realised you just posted a link and it did it automatically apologies everyone I will edit my posts now and redo pictures

Post #: 71
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/14/2017 11:10:40 AM   
SparkleyTits

North

https://imgur.com/a/vWRuO

Post #: 72
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/14/2017 11:14:57 AM   
SparkleyTits

Centre

https://imgur.com/a/VvBpp

Post #: 73
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/14/2017 11:15:26 AM   
SparkleyTits

South

https://imgur.com/a/gBzB6

Post #: 74
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/14/2017 11:16:02 AM   
SparkleyTits

That mess I just made will have to do for now I will figure it out properly for next time

Post #: 75
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/14/2017 1:26:48 PM   
Psych0

What is this all about?! 2 pages of disbanded corps HQs. Confused.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 76
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/14/2017 1:28:23 PM   
SparkleyTits

Corps get automatically disbanded eventually mate

(in reply to Psych0)
Post #: 77
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/14/2017 1:34:25 PM   
Psych0

So Russian units just fall directly under army HQs. OK, interesting.

Surprised that you didn't cut off Leningrad. Now I can empty it completely, remaining Armaments & KV1. Also in Gomel, Kremenchug and Krivoy Rog you won't capture any industry

Post #: 78
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/14/2017 1:42:40 PM   
SparkleyTits

I wanted to try and keep the pressure on if possible as I am in danger of stalling everywhere else and I need to find ways to pick up the pace.

I did go for a compromise move hoping to both pressure you and still make sure Leningrad would fall but unfortunately that meant I would be too exposed and you would punish that like you have every other time if I cut the rail off

I thought that trying to keep the initiative held precedence over a few factories

(in reply to Psych0)
Post #: 79
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/14/2017 1:49:48 PM   
Psych0

Fair enough mate. Not complaining here

Will all corps be disbanded? And never to return, so no corps structure in the Red Army, odd that. And I wasted a LOT of AP then last turn changing to better corps leaders, silliness.

Post #: 80
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/14/2017 2:06:25 PM   
SparkleyTits

Yeah they will all dissapear into your manpower pool for a lovely boost there

(in reply to Psych0)
Post #: 81
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/14/2017 2:49:22 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Psych0

Righto, Soviet T4 done. I decided to stay everywhere except in the north where obviously a slight adjustment is needed, haha. No point trying to rail a whole bunch of units around to try to prevent Leningrad from being cut off, that's a done deal. But Leningrad itself is fairly nicely defended so the Germans will still need to fight for it. The Finnish border was vacated except for the frozen units around Viborg. The Pskov-Velikaya troop concentrations retreated to Staraya Russa - VL - Vitebsk. Western Front holds the landbridge strongly with 40+ CV stacks. Bring it on! Then along the Dnepr to the Pripyat marshes. There are a fair few panzers at the Dnepr near Gomel. Guderian might be planning a breakthrough there next. Not something that will achieve much I reckon as he'd put those forces really far from his railhead, which now arrived around Daugavpils. Let's see what Manstein and Guderian do next.

Around Moscow a carpet of new recruits are digging in to create the ring of steel. Should get to level 3 forts by the time the Krauts arrive. Oh and a lot of leaders were replaced with more competent ones, increasing combat strength significantly for the Western Front in particular. I somehow received 175 AP this turn, I though it was only 50 per turn? Perhaps due to mobilisation Stavka got a one-off boost?

In the south, Kiev and northern flank defended plus all along the Dnepr behind the river and in nice rough terrain. Still some troops in the open in the Nikolaev-Kirovograd-Krivoy Rog triangle on their way back to the southern Dnepr. Odessa no change, 2 corps sitting in the level 3 forts around the city awaiting the assault which surely must come some day soon. Or not, then they can stay there in sea supply forever. I think Odessa is a nice prize for the Axis as it gives them an advanced supply source via sea, so worth defended.

Sparkles mate, do your worst!

Like to see your Moscow defense if you can post in a couple of turns if this isn't on delay :)

With Odessa it is nice to hold but I always ask myself can those units be used better elsewhere. 9 times out of ten those units will end up getting retreated to a vacant hex and forced to surrender. With the extra FBD now for the Germans it is pretty much a wash if you take or not take Odessa and if the Russian garrison it heavy then those troops aren't elsewhere where you really may need them more.

(in reply to Psych0)
Post #: 82
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/14/2017 2:51:40 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

What is this all about?! 2 pages of disbanded corps HQs. Confused.

Corps HQ's start disbanding on turn 5 and continue till they are all gone. (please note that certain Corps HQ's don't disband like Calvary Corps HQ's and Airborne HQ's) OH, did I mention that your SAD Airbases disband too, but that isn't until early 42 btw. I disband SAD Airbases for manpower myself.

Welcome to the "chaos" of playing the Soviets. Now wait for the next big surprise of squad upgrades. That will get your panties in an uproar next when you see your already paltry combat strength dwindle even more. Welcome to Pandaemoniam ;-)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 10/14/2017 2:57:19 PM >

(in reply to Psych0)
Post #: 83
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/14/2017 4:25:48 PM   
bigbaba

quote:

Surprised that you didn't cut off Leningrad. Now I can empty it completely, remaining Armaments & KV1. Also in Gomel, Kremenchug and Krivoy Rog you won't capture any industry

you have to thank Stalin for that. after killing most of the Senior officers of the red army between 37-41 the stavka suddenly recognized that it has simply not enough staff personal to handle Corps AND army hq's and therefore it simply disbanded all it's Corps hq's.

BTW: who Needs Leningrad you asked? well, it simply binds german troops. not that it will be gone in 2 turns have fun with the concentration of at least 2 german panzer armies and a bunch of high Quality infantry at moscow.:)

< Message edited by bigbaba -- 10/14/2017 4:28:49 PM >

(in reply to Psych0)
Post #: 84
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/14/2017 10:38:16 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

ORIGINAL: bigbaba

quote:

you have to thank Stalin for that. after killing most of the Senior officers of the red army between 37-41 the stavka suddenly recognized that it has simply not enough staff personal to handle Corps AND army hq's and therefore it simply disbanded all it's Corps hq's.

BTW: who Needs Leningrad you asked? well, it simply binds german troops. not that it will be gone in 2 turns have fun with the concentration of at least 2 german panzer armies and a bunch of high Quality infantry at moscow.:)

The Corps officers did not go away .. simply the decision structure centralized .. a Stalinism for sure ..

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"

(in reply to bigbaba)
Post #: 85
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/16/2017 9:31:29 AM   
SparkleyTits

This is AGN as the turn was handed to me

https://i.imgur.com/QwP7teZ.jpg

In AGN this turn I focused on two simple goals.
Firstly I wanted to make sure I took Shilsselburg to stop that from being any kind of thorn and secondly to link up my supply lines from Pskov to my panzer army near Valdai in the rough terrain
I then concentrated the entire 4th PzG around Valdai and got my elite 18th army beginning to setup to get Leningrad down as soon as possible

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 86
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/16/2017 9:41:51 AM   
SparkleyTits

This is AGC as the turn was handed to me

https://i.imgur.com/9JktIZh.jpg

In AGC this turn I was mostly reactive to Psych0 pulling back his line so I tried to focus on moving most of my units eastwards with not much to say
I am 1 hex off Smolensk, near the rough terrain at Velikie luki and in the south I have managed to push about 9 hexes west of Bryansk although I am expecting to be punished by Psych0

Post #: 87
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/16/2017 9:48:31 AM   
SparkleyTits

This is AGS as the turn was handed to me

https://i.imgur.com/61inDjv.jpg

In AGS with my infantry I took Cherkassy and then focused on setting them up in a broadish line of 5-6 possible hexes to penetrate the Dnepr next turn (Entirely unsure of how it will go)
With 1st PzG I focused entirely on getting outside of Dnepropetrovsk to double his evac costs but none of his weak plugs decided to be nice for me and route with them being airborne and sec units so I fell short by a hex

Post #: 88
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/16/2017 9:55:49 AM   
SparkleyTits

All in all another subpar turn I only just moved the Finns which means I did not cut the rail when they activated and trap more men in Leningrad......
I only killed 100k men which is just not enough at this stage
I am noticing Psych0 seems very unbothered about using his planes to rack up the exp/morale and I imagine he is keeping most of them in reserve

I am floating off my luck at Leningrad which has allowed me refocus nicely for other theatres but I entirely understand that was only possible because of my opponents mistake and not because my own skill
I am trying to learn quickly and improve but Axis really is an entirely different animal and I expect the winter will be very hard on me indeed

Post #: 89
RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych... - 10/16/2017 2:48:49 PM   
Psych0

Ohh, this might be a case of cutting of the head of the snake. Or well, more like choking it a little as the Ruskies don't really have any knife to cut with yet. But especially in the Krivoy Rog - D-town area and the Gomel - Bryansk area his motorized units seem out of gas and with little flank protection...

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: NOOBS LEARNING TOGETHER (SparkleyTits Axis vs Psych0 Soviets) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI