Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problems w/Win 10 and 4k monitor--something different

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Problems w/Win 10 and 4k monitor--something different Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems w/Win 10 and 4k monitor--something different - 11/17/2017 3:32:23 AM   
rsallen64

I've read all the threads on setting the switches, and I have no problems with Windows showing the screen at the resolution I set (3840x2160), which is my desktop resolution, but I am seeing something no one has mentioned before. Although the screen displays everything correctly, and I have set the Windows 10 taskbar to "Automatically hide in desktop mode" so I can switch between the game screen and the other monitor where I display Tracker, Combat Reporter, etc, the screen image always cuts off the production line of icons at the bottom of the base screen. My current switches are: "H:\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -archive -deepColor -px3840 -py2160 -fixedArt -noFire -SingleCpuOrders -wd -dd_sw" No matter what resolution setting I choose, the production icons are always missing, but I can just barely see the top of them on the very bottom of the screen.

Any suggestions? My monitor is a 29" one.

Desert War 1940-1942 Beta Tester
Agressors: Ancient Rome Beta Tester

"The greatest and noblest pleasure which men can have in this world is to discover new truths; and the next is to shake off old prejudices." Frederick the Great
Post #: 1
RE: Problems w/Win 10 and 4k monitor--something different - 11/17/2017 3:59:33 AM   
spence

I had the same problem. When I added a -f switch the production line appeared. Be advised: I have little knowledge of what switches actually do but adding that switch solved the problem with the production line getting cut off on the screen.

< Message edited by spence -- 11/17/2017 4:00:04 AM >

(in reply to rsallen64)
Post #: 2
RE: Problems w/Win 10 and 4k monitor--something different - 11/17/2017 4:22:29 AM   
InfiniteMonkey

-wd sets it to windowed mode iirc. 3840x2160 resolution is the full 4k display size and 3840x2160 refers to the display area for the game not including the window bar.

Change your setting to

H:\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -archive -deepColor -pxf3840 -pyf1960 -fixedArt -noFire -SingleCpuOrders -wd -dd_sw

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 3
RE: Problems w/Win 10 and 4k monitor--something different - 11/17/2017 4:38:15 PM   
rsallen64

Thanks for the help. guys. I'll give it a shot!

Desert War 1940-1942 Beta Tester
Agressors: Ancient Rome Beta Tester

"The greatest and noblest pleasure which men can have in this world is to discover new truths; and the next is to shake off old prejudices." Frederick the Great

(in reply to InfiniteMonkey)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Problems w/Win 10 and 4k monitor--something different Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI