Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 2by3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: 2by3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2by3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 10/18/2017 7:05:27 PM   
SparkleyTits

Welcome back buddy

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 61
RE: 2by3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 10/21/2017 5:18:07 PM   
KenchiSulla

When will soviet side be able to pick up the turn?

AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

(in reply to SparkleyTits)
Post #: 62
RE: 2by3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 10/23/2017 11:17:17 PM   
Crackaces

Just one thought .. the axis team has adopted a convention to create a text file with a file name who has the turn .. in the contents one can put an estimated faulted when done for planning purposes. No text file means the turn is free to checkout so to speak by creating the text file. This communicates to all parties who has the turn and for how long ... or nobody has the turn.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"

(in reply to KenchiSulla)
Post #: 63
RE: 2by3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 10/28/2017 8:33:34 AM   
Psych0

Soviet turn should be ready later today.

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 64
RE: 2by3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 10/29/2017 10:25:34 PM   
thedoctorking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

quote:

ORIGINAL: wallas

Crackaces I look forward to your AAR in the dropbox. (which will go live for the Soviets to see turn 5 -- 5 turns behind).

Soviet Air Commander

I will move it from the Dropbox that has been communicating a plan with my peers to a thread. It should garner some activity ;)
It will be interesting to see how my bridgehead across lake Pskov develops .. I really don’t know yet what I want to do!

I wonder about your ability to move supplies across there. How's your movement allowance this turn? I guess we'll find out.

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 65
RE: 2by3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 10/29/2017 10:28:01 PM   
thedoctorking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

Drakken, many thanks again!

Just thought you would like to see how we are doing in time turn around terms as compared to the other team game

Turn 2 - EightMP 15days 2by3+ 6days
Turn 3 - EightMP 15days 2by3+ 11days

Just pointing out that we are actually going _slower_ than the historical event. I had a friend who refused to play ASL with me, preferring World in Flames, because he was opposed to playing a game that took longer than the event simulated.

Hmmm...

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 66
RE: 2x3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 10/31/2017 2:06:25 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: thedoctorking
Just pointing out that we are actually going _slower_ than the historical event. I had a friend who refused to play ASL with me, preferring World in Flames, because he was opposed to playing a game that took longer than the event simulated.

Hmmm...

In the era of new fashions for "slow food" and "slow TV" perhaps we can set the fashion for slow wargaming!

It probably was always going to be slow and you'd have to appreciate the game for its team aspects rather than speed, occupying all your wargaming leisure time, or even being able to get to the end.

However for what it is worth experience from the other team game is that the longer teams are settled and the more turns are done the faster it does get. The early turns are pretty intense anyway plus you are probably still working out who does what each turn - and getting to know the styles of your team mates. I do expect mud turns for instance to go much quicker.

My guess is the problem is never from people going slow - it is the long gaps in between. So it is really really important never to leave a file with nobody doing anything. It should always be with somebody and no one should ever be delayed in going because they do not know if it is their go or not. Having a file sitting in the dropbox with several people raring to go and no one feeling they can is a real killer. It is a never ending problem - the team managers are in charge but everyone can help. It also helps if each team can give the other side the best indication of when it will be back on the other side. For my part I do try to do things at home on my computer when I think a game file will be returning, and go out when I think it will not. The better idea we can give to the other side the better the chance they can pick up straight away.

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 7/15/2019 10:16:54 PM >

(in reply to thedoctorking)
Post #: 67
RE: 2by3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 11/9/2017 9:31:26 PM   
thedoctorking

My Steam version automatically updated to the new public beta. Hope that version incompatibility is not an issue.

Also, what features of the new patch will actually take effect in our game started under the older version? I did notice that IL-2's now are listed as "Dive Bombers" instead of "Tactical bombers". I wonder about the German supply nerf, that will make a big difference in our game, I think.

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 68
RE: 2x3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 11/10/2017 11:59:13 AM   
Telemecus

Yes and do not worry. In the sign up thread the rules said update when steam does so nothing wrong there.

In another thread on this site the message was we should not play it with an older version after it has been saved under a newer version. It will not have been designed that way so peculiar results are possible during the changeover. There is no lock this time on it though and I suspect many will do so for a turn or two.

As it is a minor upgrade my own personal thoughts were that it may be better to allow some flexibility this turn on when we upgrade as otherwise it will mean a longer turn as we have to wait for all to upgrade first. The rules do state that we should although the rule could be changed just this once for this update if everyone agrees or no one objects. Does anyone have any strong objections - otherwise I can put in the sign up thread a rule change that we can be flexible on when everyone updates to this version from the last one.

I suspect we may have to find out what the changes will mean - and will be one of the first games to report back on it.

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 7/15/2019 10:17:08 PM >

(in reply to thedoctorking)
Post #: 69
RE: 2by3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 11/14/2017 2:11:24 PM   
SparkleyTits

Heya guys I set up a Discord for our team and it has really helped us share tips, hints and to have a general good natter about the game - and quite a lot not about the game too! So I thought it would be good to extend it for everyone in the game. I will send a PM to everyone - please join us!

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 70
RE: 2by3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 11/14/2017 2:58:57 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: SparkleyTits

Heya guys I set up a Discord for our team and it has really helped us share tips, hints and to have a general good natter about the game - and quite a lot not about the game too! So I thought it would be good to extend it for everyone in the game. I will send a PM to everyone - please join us!

But but but, I don't speak the Queens English!!!!

(in reply to SparkleyTits)
Post #: 71
RE: 2x3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 11/14/2017 3:01:55 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

Tut! Tut! Rebel colonials!

We have someone who has created dropboxes for the Axis team and both teams now and will own them going forward.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 7/17/2019 4:22:19 PM >

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 72
RE: 2by3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 11/14/2017 3:04:01 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

quote:

quote:

Where where? OMG run!

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 73
RE: 2by3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 11/14/2017 3:06:39 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Where where? OMG run!

What about your Northern Breathern? Love these guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FFRoYhTJQQ

Post #: 74
RE: 2by3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 11/14/2017 3:07:30 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Where where? OMG run!

What about your Northern Breathern? Love these guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FFRoYhTJQQ

Post #: 75
RE: 2x3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 11/14/2017 3:13:53 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

Yes Ulla!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6kP7M82EtY

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 7/15/2019 10:17:39 PM >

Post #: 76
RE: 2by3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 11/14/2017 4:11:04 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

quote:

Yes Ulla!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6kP7M82EtY

Ya, I don't like those arrogant s.o.b.s too ;-P

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 77
RE: 2x3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 11/15/2017 4:23:46 PM   
Telemecus

Turn 1 Soviet North - Best and Worst Case

While waiting for the Soviet side to do their turn 1, I offered to the ground commanders what I thought could be the best and worst cases that could happen. I did not strictly check all of the possible movement points - but at least the following were reasonable possibilities. (Black arrows represent possible movement by Soviet Units, red lines encompass isolated pockets

In the Best Case Soviet units stay in isolated pockets. In the worst case the Soviets are able to break pockets and chain link them either by moving onto hexes, or flipping control through their Zone of Control over neighbouring hexes. This would actually isolate much of the 4th German Panzer army near the river Dvina, some of 18th army in Courland, and move back the frontlines to where it is marked with white lines. Everything not in the German pockets behind this front line would flip back to Soviet controlled territory! Many Soviet units can be evacuated to safety through the ports in Courland. And next turn the higher costs of movement into newly reconquered territory will mean the FBD rail repair units will not repair and convert as many rail hexes.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 7/17/2019 4:05:38 PM >

Post #: 78
RE: 2by3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 11/15/2017 5:16:59 PM   
Neogodhobo

Yes, I really dislike talking on the internet so I will not go on Discord. But I am on the forum daily so if there is anything, just PM or talk to me here ;)

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 79
RE: 2x3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 11/15/2017 5:24:50 PM   
Telemecus

Understand - with many different ways we all can use what is best for them. Anyone who does want to join is still more than welcome! The default in the rules is everyone had to be contacted by email. The Axis team will be using Discord for quick easy communications, but will know everything for you guys has to be by email.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 7/17/2019 3:43:51 PM >

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 80
RE: 2by3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 11/15/2017 6:45:05 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

Understand - with many different ways we all can use what is best for them. Anyone who does want to join is still more than welcome!

If you have Tea and Crumpets, count me in! :)

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 81
RE: 2x3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 11/15/2017 6:56:15 PM   
Telemecus

Turn 1 Soviet Centre - Best and Worst Case

A similar exercise of best and worst case scenarios was done for the centre

Again in the worst case scenario the pockets of Soviet units could be broken in to and chain linked. The Panzer Groups could be left isolated far behind the front lines, with most of the territory taken by the Axis flipped back to Soviet control.

Let us see what the Soviet side does!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 7/17/2019 3:59:17 PM >

Post #: 82
RE: 2by3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 11/15/2017 7:01:37 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

quote:

quote:

Understand - with many different ways we all can use what is best for them. Anyone who does want to join is still more than welcome!

If you have Tea and Crumpets, count me in! :)

There was an invite code posted on the forum for both teams of EightMP - so I guess anyone can join that one if they want to. I know the admin said that would be OK. There is no reason why all interested parties cannot join the party - but I guess the admin for each channel has the power to decide! The axis team do distribute tea and biscuits with comfy chairs when the soviets spill the beans unencoded!

Hehehehe, I will stop by and say, "Hi" in the future.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 83
RE: 2by3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 11/15/2017 7:12:27 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neogodhobo

Yes, I really dislike talking on the internet so I will not go on Discord. But I am on the forum daily so if there is anything, just PM or talk to me here ;)

Although we have been carrying on a conversation within he "MessHall" channel .. Discord does offer a place to easily communicate who has the turn, and an estimate when they will be finished for overall coordinating the turn. Other means of communication have not been so fruitful ..

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 84
RE: 2by3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 11/15/2017 8:05:26 PM   
SparkleyTits

You are more than welcome to join HYLA if you want an invite just send me a PM and I'll send you the code

Post #: 85
RE: 2by3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 11/17/2017 7:52:47 PM   
Neogodhobo

quote:

quote:

Although we have been carrying on a conversation within he "MessHall" channel .. Discord does offer a place to easily communicate who has the turn, and an estimate when they will be finished for overall coordinating the turn. Other means of communication have not been so fruitful ..

The thing is that I dont want my Identity being revealed with my voice. so I simply dont use voice on the internet at all. Although I will make a bigger effort to say any information usefull to the other team to SparkleyTits, whom I think is the team manager of the Axis ?

< Message edited by Neogodhobo -- 11/17/2017 7:53:31 PM >

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 86
RE: 2by3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 11/17/2017 7:55:28 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

quote:

quote:

The thing is that I dont want my Identity being revealed with my voice. so I simply dont use voice on the internet at all. Although I will make a bigger effort to say any information usefull to the other team to SparkleyTits, whom I think is the team manager of the Axis ?

We don’t use voice .. only text ..but PM’s to Sparkley works great ! Thanks!

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 87
RE: 2by3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 11/17/2017 7:56:28 PM   
Neogodhobo

I hope the Germans are ready to get their ass kick because we have some things coming in for them....

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 88
RE: 2by3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 11/17/2017 7:56:58 PM   
Neogodhobo

quote:

we don’t use voice .. only text ..but PM’s to Sparkley works great ! Thanks!

Oh.... Ah I didnt know you could use text with Discord.

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 89
RE: 2by3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES - 11/17/2017 10:21:34 PM   
wallas

quote:

quote:

Then just speak the Charles gibberish.

God save the Queen

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: 2by3+ Person Team Game - THREAD FOR BOTH SIDES Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI