Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Importing .eqp files into TOAW IV?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Importing .eqp files into TOAW IV? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Importing .eqp files into TOAW IV? - 11/18/2017 11:02:35 AM   
r williams

I've got a fairly large modified TOAW III .eqp file that I've been playing around with to develop a number of TOAW III scenarios - eg distinct nationalities for infantry squads to manage replacement flows, more modern equipment like Nammer and MRAP etc. Is there an easy way I can import to TOAW IV as I want to work on the scenarios further in the new engine? Have played around but no luck - don't fancy having to manually input them all again via the new equipment editor.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Importing .eqp files into TOAW IV? - 11/18/2017 11:32:34 AM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: r williams

I've got a fairly large modified TOAW III .eqp file that I've been playing around with to develop a number of TOAW III scenarios - eg distinct nationalities for infantry squads to manage replacement flows, more modern equipment like Nammer and MRAP etc. Is there an easy way I can import to TOAW IV as I want to work on the scenarios further in the new engine? Have played around but no luck - don't fancy having to manually input them all again via the new equipment editor.

Thanks

Here's how you can do it:

A create a folder, let's say Scenario or whatever, in Documents\My Games\The Operational Art of War IV\Graphics Override.
Go to the scenario editor and just create and then save a dummy scenario; e.g. Scenario.sce.
Now, dump your .eqp file into Documents\My Games\The Operational Art of War IV\Graphics Override.; make sure you name it the same as the folder, e.g. Scenario.eqp.
Now, go to the scenario editor again, load the dummy scenario and voila - you got the associated .eqp file there as well.

That should do the trick in a few easy steps; I know there's no (AFAIK) import .eqp function yet. Maybe I am wrong.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to r williams)
Post #: 2
RE: Importing .eqp files into TOAW IV? - 11/18/2017 11:33:57 AM   
sPzAbt653

Why no luck so far, can you say what you have tried to do ?

(in reply to r williams)
Post #: 3
RE: Importing .eqp files into TOAW IV? - 11/20/2017 8:56:13 PM   
r williams

Thanks for the help with this - managed to move across first time. New equipment editor works really well to add more items.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Importing .eqp files into TOAW IV? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI