Importing .eqp files into TOAW IV? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios

r williams -> Importing .eqp files into TOAW IV? (11/18/2017 11:02:35 AM)

I've got a fairly large modified TOAW III .eqp file that I've been playing around with to develop a number of TOAW III scenarios - eg distinct nationalities for infantry squads to manage replacement flows, more modern equipment like Nammer and MRAP etc. Is there an easy way I can import to TOAW IV as I want to work on the scenarios further in the new engine? Have played around but no luck - don't fancy having to manually input them all again via the new equipment editor.

Thanks

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Importing .eqp files into TOAW IV? (11/18/2017 11:32:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: r williams

I've got a fairly large modified TOAW III .eqp file that I've been playing around with to develop a number of TOAW III scenarios - eg distinct nationalities for infantry squads to manage replacement flows, more modern equipment like Nammer and MRAP etc. Is there an easy way I can import to TOAW IV as I want to work on the scenarios further in the new engine? Have played around but no luck - don't fancy having to manually input them all again via the new equipment editor.

Thanks

Here's how you can do it:

A create a folder, let's say Scenario or whatever, in Documents\My Games\The Operational Art of War IV\Graphics Override.
Go to the scenario editor and just create and then save a dummy scenario; e.g. Scenario.sce.
Now, dump your .eqp file into Documents\My Games\The Operational Art of War IV\Graphics Override.; make sure you name it the same as the folder, e.g. Scenario.eqp.
Now, go to the scenario editor again, load the dummy scenario and voila - you got the associated .eqp file there as well.

That should do the trick in a few easy steps; I know there's no (AFAIK) import .eqp function yet. Maybe I am wrong.

Klink, Oberst

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Importing .eqp files into TOAW IV? (11/18/2017 11:33:57 AM)

Why no luck so far, can you say what you have tried to do ?

r williams -> RE: Importing .eqp files into TOAW IV? (11/20/2017 8:56:13 PM)

Thanks for the help with this - managed to move across first time. New equipment editor works really well to add more items.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI