Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviet TOE transport shortage in TGW 1941-1945

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Soviet TOE transport shortage in TGW 1941-1945 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviet TOE transport shortage in TGW 1941-1945 - 11/23/2017 1:07:07 PM   
winkr7

In playing this scenario against the AXIS I was very impressed with the quality of the PO. However almost all the Soviet Art units have a movement factor of 1. This is because the TOE for these units are short horses.

For example:

49th Rifle Corp, 507th Art
24 152mm ER Gun
24 122mm ER Gun
12 37mm AA Gun
25 Horse Team

This unit can hardly move.

Other units are assigned have two problems, short on the TOE and they use 1942 horse units that are not available.

another example:

West Front FR, 63rd FR
192 Rifle Squad(r)
192 Light Rifle Squad
78 SMG Squad
48 45mm AT Gun
48 82mm Mortar
48 76mm Gun (Early)
16 AT Rirle
48 50mm Mortar
24 Horse Team - 42
48 76mm M1942 (ZS-3)

Its true the Soviets were short horses, but there is no point in having a bunch of gun units that only move one.

In fact the soviets were very big on artilary.

This problem is all the horse drawn gun units in the OOB, not just a few.

yours
Winkr7

Post #: 1
RE: Soviet TOE transport shortage in TGW 1941-1945 - 11/23/2017 4:31:04 PM   
sPzAbt653

Thanks for the report. Seems no Designers Notes for this scenario. I haven't looked yet but have you seen the design thread? It might have some stuff.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3756761

Also, many of the Directive 21 Design Notes would apply to this scenario. Not all, but quite a bit.

But here are some answers:
Some of the Soviet Artillery was fairly immobile and meant to stay in the area where it was, so those units are given few transport assets.

Fort Regions were immobile until later in the war, so the 'Horse Team - 42' begins arriving around turn 50.

The Soviet Artillery was very nice and numerous, but ponderous and difficult to coordinate. However, the arrival of Lend-Lease trucks in large quantities improved on this, so many of the Soviet Artillery units reflect this in their transport assets. Later in the war the Soviets formed the Breakthrough Artillery Divisions, which have a movement allowance of 9.

Overall, the Soviet player should find maneuver difficult in the early part of the scenario.

(in reply to winkr7)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> Soviet TOE transport shortage in TGW 1941-1945 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI