Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CDN RAM I&II Graphics?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> CDN RAM I&II Graphics? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CDN RAM I&II Graphics? - 5/31/2001 3:43:00 AM   
jambo1

The turrets on both these tanks are too small is there an editor for these graphics that I can fix these with? Or is there a fix in the works? Thanks in advance. :)

Ya only live til ya die!
Post #: 1
- 5/31/2001 6:07:00 AM   
kutalik

Yeah I would second that request. I've grown pretty partial to those Rams after the '43 Italy league and those little turrents look kinda silly.

(in reply to jambo1)
Post #: 2
- 5/31/2001 6:10:00 AM   
pops

You can always try Chlanda's .SHP Editor....if you can figure out how it works let me know though it's as cryptic a program as I've ever seen...

(in reply to jambo1)
Post #: 3
- 5/31/2001 6:38:00 AM   
Don

With ShpEd all you really do is convert the .shp file into a .bmp file - then the real work begins! You have to then open it up with a graphics program - anything from Paint to Photoshop and re-work the graphic. Then you use ShpEd to convert the changed back to a .shp file and center it. This is why there aren't that many people doing it, as it takes artistic talent and some time to get used to ShpEd.

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to jambo1)
Post #: 4
- 5/31/2001 9:27:00 AM   
Warhorse

****, ****, and did I say **** yet??!!! Well fellahs, with all the checking and double checking, it would appear that no-one, including myself ever played the Canadians!!!!! I know this for a fact,Stuart Millis, shame on you ;), because in the txt document used to code the associations there is a typo, instead of reading-{25226,25227}, //923.CAN Ram II, it reads-{25226,22527}, //923.CAN Ram II!!!! OK, ok for all you folks who aren't code or graphics nuts, the numbers in the second group are transposed, its using the turret association of the M20 scout car!! I looked into it tonite, turret looked fine, but enlarged it anyhow(not looking at the tank in the game mind you, doh!!),imagine my surprise, as I bought a section of Ram in the game, seeing them live on the battlefield for the FIRST time, and seeing MINI-TURRETS!!! I'll check with the powers to be, to see what the best alternative is, can either code change, or just put the icon in a new slot, either way we will get this squared, hopefully, thanks for the heads up!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to jambo1)
Post #: 5
- 5/31/2001 8:02:00 PM   
pops

In response to Don's tips on .SHP edit....my main problem has seemed to be the pallets....every time I view a .shp file the colors are screwy I try loading different pallettes and no go...? thanks for the response...I think there should be a simplifying of this program if possible or at least a much simpler explanation of how to use it.

(in reply to jambo1)
Post #: 6
- 6/1/2001 2:56:00 AM   
Don

Yes, Fred's programs can be a bear to learn, for sure! To load the correct palette, click the lower left button ("load palette""), and right in the Chandla folder is one called "steel.pal" - that's the one you want.

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to jambo1)
Post #: 7
- 6/1/2001 3:04:00 AM   
Gloo

quote:

Originally posted by pops: You can always try Chlanda's .SHP Editor....if you can figure out how it works let me know though it's as cryptic a program as I've ever seen...
Bô, its pretty simple! :D All you have to do is loading the color chart for the game you want to convert pics from. Then you load the pic (.SHP) and convert it to .BMP. You can now use any graphics editor, say PSP or Photoshop, to modify the BMP (don't forget to keep the same color palette...), save your work then go back to SHPEd and revert the BMP to SHP. That's it you've got a brand new homemade pixel tank! :)

{:]]

"One ring to find them all..."

(in reply to jambo1)
Post #: 8
- 6/1/2001 4:41:00 AM   
jambo1

Thanks Guys I'll try the Editor, but agree it looks pretty cyptic.

Ya only live til ya die!

(in reply to jambo1)
Post #: 9
- 6/1/2001 4:43:00 AM   
jambo1

Thanks Guys I'll try the Editor, but agree it looks pretty cyptic.

Ya only live til ya die!

(in reply to jambo1)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> CDN RAM I&II Graphics? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI