Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Tutorial '44 - Ouch! Furball! and What about the airforce?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Tutorial '44 - Ouch! Furball! and What about the airforce? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Tutorial '44 - Ouch! Furball! and What about the ai... - 12/11/2017 3:41:01 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: bde4soldier223

i had a few furball type in my combat results. im still trying to understand everything :)

Roberto,

the expression furball comes from (extract of an article I found):

...but exactly what is a furball? No, it has nothing to do with cats.... although there was a "cat flight" involved.

As near as we can tell after surfing the internet, the term came unto use in the Vietnam era. It means something like...
....close aerial combat involving several aircraft or...
....a confused aerial engagement with many combatants or....
....several aircraft in tight air combat manoeuvring or dogfighting.

You get the idea.

See, when asking the Oberst, he always (or most of the time?!) can provide an answer. It does pay off to follow my tutorials after all, eh?

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to bde4soldier223)
Post #: 31
RE: Tutorial '44 - Ouch! Furball! and What about the ai... - 12/11/2017 3:53:47 PM   
bde4soldier223

that is true. thanks

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 32
RE: Tutorial '44 - Ouch! Furball! and What about the ai... - 12/11/2017 4:14:58 PM   
Oberst_Klink

Right... Now, peeps... I do need your input! Seriously! What next?

Klink, Oberst

< Message edited by Oberst_Klink -- 12/11/2017 4:15:14 PM >

My Blog & on Twitter.

(in reply to bde4soldier223)
Post #: 33
RE: Tutorial '44 - Ouch! Furball! and What about the ai... - 12/11/2017 10:57:48 PM   
Rosseau

I would ask for naval - once you have the more important topics done - as that is a new system for all.

Thank you, Colonel.

Post #: 34
RE: Tutorial '44 - Ouch! Furball! and What about the ai... - 12/12/2017 9:56:42 AM   
Oberst_Klink

I am not known as a naval advocate... never bothered with the system, to be frank. A deep inside in how the naval system works can be obtained from Bob Cross' documents. For Tutorial '45 perhaps a river crossing of a Soviet division against a German VG or rag-tag KG with rookies and veterans alike?

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 35
RE: Tutorial '44 - Ouch! Furball! and What about the ai... - 12/12/2017 7:39:09 PM   
alpenmonster

One question with regard to air superiority: Why does the AS level change? I am trying to play Cuba 62 as the US(trying to aplly what I have learned so far from Oberst Klink :-)) and during my turn I had something like 72 vs 0 for..but during Cubas turn Cuba enjoyed a huge AS superiority...what is the reason for this massive "turnaround"?

Post #: 36
RE: Tutorial '44 - Ouch! Furball! and What about the ai... - 12/12/2017 7:42:00 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: alpenmonster

One question with regard to air superiority: Why does the AS level change? I am trying to play Cuba 62 as the US(trying to aplly what I have learned so far from Oberst Klink :-)) and during my turn I had something like 72 vs 0 for..but during Cubas turn Cuba enjoyed a huge AS superiority...what is the reason for this massive "turnaround"?
The actual AS, Interdiction, etc. is what you see from the last, not current turn. Let's say you got an interdiction level of 0 at your present turn and you switch all your units to interdiction, right? The change will only gets into effect the next turn. Same for AS.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.

(in reply to alpenmonster)
Post #: 37
RE: Tutorial '44 - Ouch! Furball! and What about the ai... - 12/18/2017 3:48:48 PM   
Oberst_Klink

Tutorial '41: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4382552
Tutorial '42: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4387818
Tutorial '42 - Editor: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4401098
Tutorial '43: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4390285
Tutorial '43 - Combat: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4394374
Tutorial '44: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4397183

OK peeps, that's the whole Tutorial 'xx series at present. Please do forgive me the countless typos in various 'speech bubbles'; I'll try to go through the whole slides (quite a few!!!) and correct them. The whole project is not finished yet, alas I do require direct feedback, positive or negative. Feel free to post your feedback in threads or PM/Email me. Thanks!

Klink, Oberst (GE)
Klinkovski, Polkovnik (SU)
Klinkoni, Col. (IT)
McKlinkock, Lt.Col. (UK)

My Blog & on Twitter.

Post #: 38
RE: Tutorial '44 - Ouch! Furball! and What about the ai... - 2/8/2018 9:45:12 PM   
jreebel

I really appreciate the work you have put into this Oberst! But as new to this game I am somewhat confused following along. The details would mean a lot to me - how you actually plot the attacks, how many rounds you are doing in a turn, etc. But great places to experiment and learn!

I'm trying to think, but nothing happens!
Curly Howard

Post #: 39
RE: Tutorial '44 - Ouch! Furball! and What about the ai... - 2/9/2018 11:21:49 AM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: jreebel

I really appreciate the work you have put into this Oberst! But as new to this game I am somewhat confused following along. The details would mean a lot to me - how you actually plot the attacks, how many rounds you are doing in a turn, etc. But great places to experiment and learn!

John

appreciate your feedback! Pity the system didn't notify me earlier. If I recall, at one of the tutorials I did go deeper into the combat system, but have to check. If that's not the case, I will demonstrate it in the
upcoming Tutorial '50s series that will transport you to a colonial struggle of the French in one of their
former (hypothetical) colonies in West Africa...

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.

(in reply to jreebel)
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Tutorial '44 - Ouch! Furball! and What about the airforce? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI