Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 8.4 Unit

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 8.4 Unit Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 8.4 Unit - 10/1/2017 9:29:16 PM   
sillyflower

I think I've done it as my germans appear to have a different start set-up! Many tx for your help + patience. I look forward to playing it tomorrow but it's time to put the dogs + cats + me to bed.

< Message edited by sillyflower -- 10/1/2017 9:47:58 PM >

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 271
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 8.4 Unit - 10/2/2017 10:06:27 AM   
Manstein63

I have downloaded F.W version 9.0 and extracted to downloads/ my games/ strategic command/ campaigns but I see nothing that looks like the game I have only the standard scenarios are showing. The file is available in the editor but it won’t open
Manstein63

'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)

(in reply to sillyflower)
Post #: 272
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 8.4 Unit - 10/2/2017 12:09:16 PM   
sillyflower

Perhaps your holiday has left you a little addled my old friend. It needs to go to documents not downloads -both the FW90 and the cgn file separately . At least, that worked for me and if I can do it, anyone can.

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

(in reply to Manstein63)
Post #: 273
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 8.4 Unit - 10/2/2017 5:09:14 PM   
Manstein63

I meant documents not downloads, though thanks for the letting me know that it was the 2 files that needed to be attached. The mod appears to be up and running now.
Manstein63

'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)

(in reply to sillyflower)
Post #: 274
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 8.4 Unit - 11/19/2017 4:29:43 PM   
whitewolfmxc

ok im having issues with germany when doing sea lion the soviets decided to declare war in early 1941 ? i did all my events in favour of soviet relations and thought they wouldnt attack lol should there be an event added for a longer german soviet relations ? historically stalin planned to invade german in a much later year ???

PS: currently finding no fitting way to do sealion without doing baborossa at the same time lol its not doable at all

(in reply to Manstein63)
Post #: 275
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 8.4 Unit - 11/19/2017 9:53:07 PM   
crispy131313

quote:

ORIGINAL: whitewolfmxc

ok im having issues with germany when doing sea lion the soviets decided to declare war in early 1941 ? i did all my events in favour of soviet relations and thought they wouldnt attack lol should there be an event added for a longer german soviet relations ? historically stalin planned to invade german in a much later year ???

PS: currently finding no fitting way to do sealion without doing baborossa at the same time lol its not doable at all

I can not take credit for USSR's entry into war if you conduct Sealion, this was already in the game. I would add that I mainly agree with it. If Stalin ever had plans of invading Germany the Soviets would likey look to seize the opportunity when Germany was fully committed to Sealion. This is all hypothetical obviously as once Sealion is launched history is thrown out the window.

For arguments sake there are still likely other tasks you could complete to delay USSR war entry including spending on Diplomatic Chits and ensuring you are placing a correct amount of units in Poland (review strategy guide because I don't know the correct placement myself).

There are of course ways to get Spain/Vichy France & Greece/Yugoslavia to join the Axis which again could provide enough reinforcements that you can still conduct Barbarossa even with units tied up in Sealion. The DAK event is also costly (875 MPP) this could be used to shore up Barbarossa too.

(in reply to whitewolfmxc)
Post #: 276
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 8.4 Unit - 11/19/2017 11:45:13 PM   
crispy131313

Here is a sea lion attempt. Probably could have worked against the AI, as It took everything I had to stop it.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4299671&mpage=2

(in reply to crispy131313)
Post #: 277
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 8.4 Unit - 11/20/2017 7:39:33 AM   
BPINisBACK

quote:

ORIGINAL: crispy131313

Here is a sea lion attempt. Probably could have worked against the AI, as It took everything I had to stop it.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4299671&mpage=2

OHHHH, you are such a bad guy!!!

Post #: 278
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 8.4 Unit - 11/21/2017 6:24:26 PM   
whitewolfmxc

Does the calvary 3d sprites get updated to motorcycle (or armored car) after upgrading mobility ?

(in reply to BPINisBACK)
Post #: 279
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 8.4 Unit - 11/21/2017 6:36:56 PM   
crispy131313

Nope the Calvary are still on horses, it's the supply behind them that now keeps up which lets the Calvary move quicker. (I made this up but I now stand by it)

Post #: 280
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 8.4 Unit - 11/21/2017 9:53:12 PM   
The Land

Hello - am enjoying the mod, particularly the more extensive decision events and the diplomacy aspects! So much so that I'm about to start it over again after botching my first Sealion. :)

A few things I noticed that struck me as odd - these are just my observations, and some of them are things that are ahistorical strictly speaking but reasonable to boost the AI. (Though I wouldn't mind hearing). This is based on a German game vs AI until Aug 1940 (Allies experience+1 and industry+20%) then looking at the Allied side as well:

General observations:
* UK has LOTS of land units: 31 to Germany's 40. In particular 4 Corps, 1 Army, Mechanised Corps and Tank Division along with 3 HQs in North Africa and 12 Corps, 2 Army and 2 Divisions in Great Britain. I have not been prioritising land units because I'm taking a Sealion strategy, but even so this is odd. Admittedly a few of the British units are the 3(?) from bringing Portugal into the War, but given that Germany has more Garrisons (from Norway event) this is a bit too much like parity!
* Did you boost Strategic Bombers? They seem able to make ahistorically competent raids as early as 1939.
* Dover isn't a port, which strikes me as odd (also the AI has helpfully put a division on it, with Corps in the fields nearby.. hmm)

Units:
* French Division Cuirasse de Reserve in the production queue turns out to be a Tank Army. Not really - the most accurate modelling I can think of is as a tank division with experience
* The British Tank Division and Mechanized Corps in North Africa have 2 experience medals - really?

Events:
* Germany Gives Italy MPP event - does AI ever take this? I think I understand why it's in (adding variety/options for ) but hopefully the AI doesn't do it.

Post #: 281
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 8.4 Unit - 11/25/2017 4:20:45 PM   
crispy131313

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Land

Hello - am enjoying the mod, particularly the more extensive decision events and the diplomacy aspects! So much so that I'm about to start it over again after botching my first Sealion. :)

A few things I noticed that struck me as odd - these are just my observations, and some of them are things that are ahistorical strictly speaking but reasonable to boost the AI. (Though I wouldn't mind hearing). This is based on a German game vs AI until Aug 1940 (Allies experience+1 and industry+20%) then looking at the Allied side as well:

General observations:
* UK has LOTS of land units: 31 to Germany's 40. In particular 4 Corps, 1 Army, Mechanised Corps and Tank Division along with 3 HQs in North Africa and 12 Corps, 2 Army and 2 Divisions in Great Britain. I have not been prioritising land units because I'm taking a Sealion strategy, but even so this is odd. Admittedly a few of the British units are the 3(?) from bringing Portugal into the War, but given that Germany has more Garrisons (from Norway event) this is a bit too much like parity!
* Did you boost Strategic Bombers? They seem able to make ahistorically competent raids as early as 1939.
* Dover isn't a port, which strikes me as odd (also the AI has helpfully put a division on it, with Corps in the fields nearby.. hmm)

The British (AI) is boosted yes, this is done to make a game of it. The spread out British Divisions, HQ's and Corps really do not add up to that much offensive firepower when compared to the concentration of German Tank Corps, Infantry Armies and Bombers. The British have a number of units which will activate after some Sealion success, which represents all the men in training in 1940. The British Army grew rapidly in 1940, while many were in training they would surely have been thrust into battle if the German's were successfully invading.

Strategic Bombers have longer range yes, but Fighters do not. If you cover your skies you should be fine.

quote:

Units:
* French Division Cuirasse de Reserve in the production queue turns out to be a Tank Army. Not really - the most accurate modelling I can think of is as a tank division with experience
* The British Tank Division and Mechanized Corps in North Africa have 2 experience medals - really?

With regards to the French, you are probably correct but I left it as is from the default campaign. As of the British in North Africa, I was upfront that the AI is boosted. The next time I update I will be making some tweaks to this theater, rather un-tweaking actually as I think I found the sweet spot in the a previous version.

quote:

Events:
* Germany Gives Italy MPP event - does AI ever take this? I think I understand why it's in (adding variety/options for ) but hopefully the AI doesn't do it.

I don't see why the AI should not? I often do.

< Message edited by crispy131313 -- 11/25/2017 4:21:06 PM >

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 282
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 8.4 Unit - 12/9/2017 3:31:13 AM   
Sugar

[image][URL=http://www.bild.me][/URL][/image]

17 MPP for 1 point of strength is a little too much for reinforcing a destroyer imho. Could this be fixed please?

Post #: 283
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 8.4 Unit - 12/10/2017 3:36:07 AM   
crispy131313

The higher cost of Naval Units is by design. Every nation with the exception of UK/USA has the higher cost of operating their surface fleet. This is especially to represent lack of German capacity and Italy's lack of fuel.

The Axis are not meant to win a war of attrition against the Allied surface fleet, however the Axis Naval strategy has more customization through additional decisions/events (Graf Spee, Tirptiz or U-Boats, Lutzow, BETASOM, ETNA, Littorio Class Battleships) in addition to the 2 existing Italy/German Carrier events and the additional sub unit I placed in the Mediterranean.

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 284
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 8.4 Unit - 12/10/2017 3:46:52 AM   
crispy131313

Also I want to mention that I currently I working on version 10.0

I've done some balance changes already.

- Reduced cost of German Industrial Tech
- Soviet Reserves (1941) for PBEM Allied only
- Amended UK Starting Forces in Egypt (Allied AI)
- UK Diplomacy (AI) to counter Axis Greece strategy
- Few minor fixes or tweaks (i.e. Romania Fall Blau double popup, updated DE 919 DAK reinforcements, missing pop up for USA keeping Fighters Destined for Sweden)

Currently I am deciding on some more variables/decisions/events to include in the next version.

-----

Please report any known issue, I haven't come across any other then a missing popup or so. Also if there is any confusion with the decision/event tree please point it out too, or anything else the comes to mind really.

Post #: 285
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 8.4 Unit - 12/10/2017 5:28:59 AM   
Sugar

quote:

The higher cost of Naval Units is by design.

I see, that`s reasonable I guess, since the subs are not effected.

Until now I'm enjoying your mod, it`s been a hard race to Bengasi between Italians and Brits before the arrival of the Germans; many thx so far.

What I`d like to know, is there any summary about the DEs you implicated?

Post #: 286
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 8.4 Unit - 12/11/2017 1:54:05 AM   
crispy131313

There is not a summary unfortunately, but I can rather share a rule of thumb - Bring minors into your sphere of influence.

Many minors can be considered susceptible to either Allied or Axis sphere of influence. For each of many nations there is a benefit for each of the Axis or Allied player to pull these nations into their sphere of influence.

As an example the nations listed below will provide MPP to Germany while neutral if certain conditions are met. For the Allies part they can wage economic war against Germany by bringing these nations into the Allied sphere of influence (Allied leaning) or by other in game events to end the trade agreements.

Romania - Exports to Germany
Hungary - Exports to Germany
Norway - Convoys To Germany
Sweden - Convoys To Germany
Yugoslavia - Exports To Germany
Greece - Exports To Germany
Switzerland - Exports To Germany
Vichy France - Exports To Germany
Portugal - Exports To Germany
Turkey - Exports To Germany
Spain - Exports To Germany

There are other benefits to having a nation within your sphere of influence, in the form of decisions which will appear if all conditions are met. As an example the British can send reinforcements to neutral Portugal if Spain is near ready to join the Axis, but only if Portugal has an Allied leaning, or Greece can be persuaded to join the Axis in the fall of 1940 if the Axis have managed to maintain an Axis leaning.

I hope this helps!

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 287
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 8.4 Unit - 12/11/2017 1:58:04 PM   
Sugar

Are the belonging forces also affected by those mentioned DEs? I noticed an additional fully equipped korps and a garrison in case of Spain, or did you change their OoB?

Post #: 288
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 8.4 Unit - 12/11/2017 6:33:56 PM   
crispy131313

I did not change the OoB of minors, but yes you are correct decision events can lead to changes to minors starting strength. Turkey, Spain, Sweden, Portugal, Vichy France come to mind as nations that can be strengthened before they join the war with additional units.

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 289
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 8.4 Unit - 12/14/2017 1:36:45 PM   
jjdenver

Crispy when will the next version of your mod be out? We are thinking of starting a game and if it's close we may wait.

Post #: 290
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 8.4 Unit - 12/14/2017 2:52:44 PM   
crispy131313

Coming out this weekend to fix the convoy issue that has come up with the game engine changes in Beta.

I would wait.

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 291
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 8.4 Unit - 12/16/2017 2:16:46 PM   
whitewolfmxc

any reason why Soviets dont have heavy cruisers ?

Post #: 292
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 8.4 Unit - 12/17/2017 11:40:18 AM   
whitewolfmxc

Any tips to succesfully defeat Soviets using germans ?

Post #: 293
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 9.1 - (Ready for Download) - 12/17/2017 2:39:40 PM   
majpalmer

Nice touch! I just had the Graf Spee return to Germany. What is the percentage chance of that happening?

Thanks!

Great mod.

Post #: 294
Fall Weiss II - Version 10.1 - 12/17/2017 5:33:41 PM   
crispy131313

quote:

any reason why Soviets dont have heavy cruisers ?

The Soviet (Kirov class) cruisers in the game were designated as Light Cruisers I haven't changed this.

However Lutzow will be changed to a Heavy Cruiser so USSR can still obtain one from Germany.

quote:

Any tips to succesfully defeat Soviets using germans ?

The Soviet (AI) is tough in 1942 but if you don't divert too much to the other theaters (i.e. North Africa) you should be fine.

quote:

ORIGINAL: majpalmer

Nice touch! I just had the Graf Spee return to Germany. What is the percentage chance of that happening?

Thanks!

Great mod.

It is actually the UK who will decide this. They have to send a task force to the South Atlantic via decision event to hunt the Graf Spee. If they do not the Graf Spee will disrupt the Commonwealth convoy in late 1939 and eventually return to port.

< Message edited by crispy131313 -- 12/17/2017 10:47:50 PM >

Post #: 295
Fall Weiss II - Version 10.1 - 12/17/2017 10:58:03 PM   
crispy131313

Here is a link to version 10.1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7xttbwph9hp0lde/FW10.1.zip?dl=0

This version is updated to be compatible with the convoy changes that are currently in Beta.

Notable changes:

- Reduced German Industrial Tech cost to 125
- Added some units to USSR Production Que (to assist with 1941-42 Winter Counter Offensive)
- Added some USSR reserve units in 1941 via event
- Amended British (AI) Egypt Starting Units
- UK will counter Greece Pro-Axis strategy with diplomacy
- Added UK Research chit into Infantry Weapons
- Blocked Italian Diplomacy Towards Greece
- Increased USA Industrial Technology multiplier upwards by 5%
- Lutzow DE is now a Heavy Cruiser
- Updated for changes/fixes in BETA patches as applicable.

Post #: 296
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 10.1 - 12/17/2017 11:00:30 PM   
jjdenver

Thanks Crispy. Are the big Iraq and US entry bugs present in the newest beta? Do you recommend we start with newest beta and 10.1 if we want to start a PBEM match?

Post #: 297
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 10.1 - 12/17/2017 11:04:03 PM   
crispy131313

all of the above should be fixed.

I'm not sure how the BETA works but i am pretty sure you should be able to use it and then migrate once it's official.

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 298
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 10.1 - 12/18/2017 7:12:15 AM   
sad ham

Hi Crispy. I was playing your 9.1 scenario. I've saved the game at February 1941. If I update to 10.1, may I load that save game or have I to restart?

Post #: 299
RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 10.1 - 12/18/2017 7:37:42 AM   
roy64

I've got the steam version of Strategic Command WWII War in Europe with the Strategic Command WWII: Community Pack installed, is this mod meant to update automatically or have we go to do it manually?

(in reply to sad ham)
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Fall Weiss II - Version 8.4 Unit Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI