Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What would you like to see in a new Steel Panthers?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> RE: What would you like to see in a new Steel Panthers? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What would you like to see in a new Steel Panthers? - 12/29/2017 10:25:11 AM   
toundra

Being able to read informations again would be nice.

My front armor is..9? or is it 7?
I am dead because it was actually 3

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 121
RE: What would you like to see in a new Steel Panthers? - 1/12/2018 11:35:04 PM   
athineos

A fully robust Random Map Generator and Battle Generator should be on the top list of features for a game of this caliber.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 122
RE: What would you like to see in a new Steel Panthers? - 2/10/2018 8:05:01 PM   
Firebri

Is there any more news ?

If this game gets an update as good as Campaign Series Middle East, it will be fantastic.

(in reply to athineos)
Post #: 123
RE: What would you like to see in a new Steel Panthers? - 2/10/2018 8:14:30 PM   
athineos

I don't think It will happen any time soon. In the meantime I am excited about the upcoming vietnam game this summer. 1-2 good games/year is enough for me.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4434029&mpage=1&key=�

(in reply to Firebri)
Post #: 124
RE: What would you like to see in a new Steel Panthers? - 2/10/2018 8:16:00 PM   
Firebri

Me too

(in reply to athineos)
Post #: 125
RE: What would you like to see in a new Steel Panthers? - 7/1/2018 8:51:13 PM   
WLRoo

I'd prefer to see enhanced graphics, and more variation in said graphics. Additionally, a larger choice of terrain types to chose from.

Terrain - I'd like to see spring and autumn (fall) as well as summer and winter.

Make railways able to support trains (standard and armoured) limited to railway tracks.

I like the idea of tunnels and trenches (not just sandbag emplacements)

The OOB system needs a major overhaul:
- more units, so that most of a nations units can be covered
- choice of mount location when placing weapons on a unit, e.g bow, co-axial, turret etc.
- an organic method of mounting multiple weapons to the same location
- more weapon mounts and unit classes, so for example a BB purchased for fire support gets each turret of it's primary and secondary guns from one broadside
- small arms have more appropriate ammunition names (e.g ball, AP, tracer)
- vehicles have transport capacity (number of men carried) and tow capacity (weight of equipment that can be towed). AT, AA, Artillery etc. have weights to establish if they can be towed (reduces the confusion that 106 capacity means a size 1 AA gun and up to 6 men yet not 10 men for example)

(in reply to Firebri)
Post #: 126
RE: What would you like to see in a new Steel Panthers? - 10/25/2018 10:46:14 AM   
JamesHunt

quote:

ORIGINAL: rwenstrup

The Mega Campaigns have always been the best draw for me...developing a story line that gives a battle context and creates the struggle to maintain valuable assets...
It would be great to have a talented writer create the story line, and to increase the depth of the campaign experience.
With the advent of downloadable content, and the clearly successful efforts in developing more involved story lines (which games like Crusader Kings 2 have shown), a new level of player immersion has been enabled.
The Mega Campaigns are an avenue to put Steel Panthers into a lead product once again, and the downloadable content deliverable provides an ongoing source of revenue to enable cost effective product upgrading...and a source of considerable profit...

this

(in reply to rwenstrup)
Post #: 127
RE: What would you like to see in a new Steel Panthers? - 7/2/2019 4:33:27 AM   
evan748

To be honest I would be happy with essentially the same game but with modern UI/Graphics.

I would prefer the game to remain Top Down view point.

Other then that anything else is icing on the cake.

(in reply to JamesHunt)
Post #: 128
RE: What would you like to see in a new Steel Panthers? - 8/19/2019 2:27:39 AM   
GiveWarAchance

There is a new game inspired by Steel Panthers that maybe you know called Armored Brigade

https://www.slitherine.com/game/armored-brigade

Another game which is a huge leap ahead in wargame tech but similar to Steel Panthers is Flashpoint Red Storm & expansion Flashpoint Germany

https://www.slitherine.com/game/flashpoint-campaigns-red-storm-players-edition

(in reply to evan748)
Post #: 129
RE: What would you like to see in a new Steel Panthers? - 9/28/2019 2:19:44 AM   
ArmyEsq

PLEASE! Multi level buildings! Cities should be the tactical nightmare they are to fight in real Life. My electronic Soldiers should be scared to death about climbing those stairs to the second story of an otherwise innocent looking Chateau.

(in reply to GiveWarAchance)
Post #: 130
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> RE: What would you like to see in a new Steel Panthers? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI