Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: QEI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: QEI Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: QEI - 12/21/2017 2:36:46 PM   
Orm

Beware.

Do not be fooled by Warspite1. He is a very competent wargamer.

He has more or less already won as USSR in the multi-player MWIF game but to modest to say so. But he is to modest to say so and it will take a while to actually conquer Germany. It is only 1942 and he has been kicking the Japanese around already and just conquered Manchuria.

I thought he was winning the Decisive Campaigns: Warsaw to Paris game before it crashed. Now we might never find out.

The opening in the 4th MWIF game as Japan is better than average if I may say so. And I should know as I am the one being mauled.

And I played against Warspite1 a couple of times in DC:B and there his play as Germany was inspiring and often brilliant. I think luck won me that game. And maybe a slight supply mismanagement although that is quite easy to do in DC:B.

Picture of Field Marshal Warspite, 1st Earl of Warspite.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Orm -- 12/21/2017 2:37:27 PM >

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 31
RE: QEI - 12/21/2017 2:39:59 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

Beware.

Do not be fooled by Warspite1. He is a total numpty.

warspite1

Harsh but true. And by the way, I told you never to post a picture of me in my informal 'lounging around on a Sunday afternoon' wear.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 32
RE: QEI - 12/21/2017 2:43:06 PM   
Orm

I am sorry about the picture. I thought it would be ok if I masked the face.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 33
RE: QEI - 12/21/2017 5:10:38 PM   
rustysi

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: adarbrauner

quote:

Anyway I've no time to waste conversing with a vulgar Gorn, I'm being annihilated in the Western Desert, hanging on for dear life in France (as the French), struggling to beat France (as the Germans) and am being trashed as the Soviets in the Soviet Onion. I've got more battles to lose - so toodle pip.

warspite1 the flatulent (and rubbish wargamer) .

You mean sayin' you're playing World in Flames Solo?
warspite1

No. I'm playing 4 Matrix World In Flames games - all multiplayer - the AI games are TOAW IV and DC: WtP

I'm playing the Commonwealth forces in TOAW IV - Campaign for North Africa (hence being annihilated in the Western Desert)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4380161&mpage=1&key=

I'm playing the Germans in one of four World In Flames games (and Case Yellow is not going well)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4207255

I'm playing the Western Allies in Decisive Campaigns: Warsaw to Paris (or at least I was but, 10 turns from the end it looks like the file is corrupted or something) hence hanging on for dear life [btw, if anyone has seen this before and has any bright ideas about what may be wrong I'd be grateful if they could let me know!]

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4321521

and am being trashed as the Soviet Union in the 2nd of 4 World In Flames games

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4061938

and I forgot to mention, I am also being trashed as the Communist Chinese in a third game

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4333723

and not got off to a great start in the fourth (as the Japanese)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4333300

If anyone knows a more useless wargamer please let me know

Your problem seems quite simple to me sir. You've too many 'balls in the air at once'.

Holy crap how do you find time??? I can barely manage AE, and I'm retired now!!!!!

Anyway am extremely jealous!!!!

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 34
RE: QEI - 12/22/2017 6:36:50 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: wolfclan

According to their website, Commodore Kyd will wear the rank of Captain while performing his duties as Commanding Officer of QUEEN ELIZABETH.
The abbreviation for Commodore is CDRE, for Commander is CDR

Strange custom really. Anybody in charge of a Royal Navy ship is entitled to be called captain but only those of Captain and above are allowed to were the rank. Even I as a mere Petty Officer was once left in charge of a patrol boat and therefore captain. At the time it had a crew of one and was very much attached to land.

What do you mean MERE petty officer?

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 35
RE: QEI - 12/22/2017 3:43:36 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: rustysi

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: adarbrauner

quote:

Anyway I've no time to waste conversing with a vulgar Gorn, I'm being annihilated in the Western Desert, hanging on for dear life in France (as the French), struggling to beat France (as the Germans) and am being trashed as the Soviets in the Soviet Onion. I've got more battles to lose - so toodle pip.

warspite1 the flatulent (and rubbish wargamer) .

You mean sayin' you're playing World in Flames Solo?
warspite1

No. I'm playing 4 Matrix World In Flames games - all multiplayer - the AI games are TOAW IV and DC: WtP

I'm playing the Commonwealth forces in TOAW IV - Campaign for North Africa (hence being annihilated in the Western Desert)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4380161&mpage=1&key=

I'm playing the Germans in one of four World In Flames games (and Case Yellow is not going well)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4207255

I'm playing the Western Allies in Decisive Campaigns: Warsaw to Paris (or at least I was but, 10 turns from the end it looks like the file is corrupted or something) hence hanging on for dear life [btw, if anyone has seen this before and has any bright ideas about what may be wrong I'd be grateful if they could let me know!]

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4321521

and am being trashed as the Soviet Union in the 2nd of 4 World In Flames games

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4061938

and I forgot to mention, I am also being trashed as the Communist Chinese in a third game

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4333723

and not got off to a great start in the fourth (as the Japanese)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4333300

If anyone knows a more useless wargamer please let me know

Your problem seems quite simple to me sir. You've too many 'balls in the air at once'.

Holy crap how do you find time??? I can barely manage AE, and I'm retired now!!!!!

Anyway am extremely jealous!!!!
warspite1

To be fair, the four games of MWIF only require me to play some of the major powers e.g. in two of the games I am part of the Axis and so play either the Germans alone or the Italians/Japanese, so the drain on time is not as great and I get the advantage of having a grown up to help me .

Obviously, without another human, the AI games can be progressed or slowed down as and when time allows.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 36
RE: QEI - 12/22/2017 5:10:56 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Beware.

He has more or less already won as USSR in the multi-player MWIF game but to modest to say so. But he is to modest to say so and it will take a while to actually conquer Germany. It is only 1942 and he has been kicking the Japanese around already and just conquered Manchuria.

I thought he was winning the Decisive Campaigns: Warsaw to Paris game before it crashed. Now we might never find out.

The opening in the 4th MWIF game as Japan is better than average if I may say so. And I should know as I am the one being mauled.

And I played against Warspite1 a couple of times in DC:B and there his play as Germany was inspiring and often brilliant. I think luck won me that game. And maybe a slight supply mismanagement although that is quite easy to do in DC:B.

Alright, you two-get a room.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 37
RE: QEI - 12/22/2017 5:12:41 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Beware.

warspite1

[spluttering] Who let the colonial peasant on the thread?!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 38
RE: QEI - 12/22/2017 5:18:03 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

[spluttering] Who let the colonial peasant on the thread?!

I'm just glad you didn't preface this comment with "[splurting]" or "[spurting]". That's a mental image that, quite frankly, I don't need.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 39
RE: QEI - 12/23/2017 6:10:11 AM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

Beware.

I wish we had a gaming room. If we did you would be invited. And three other chaps so we could play a 6 player game of the latest WIF version.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 40
RE: QEI - 12/23/2017 11:39:56 AM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

quote:

Beware.

I wish we had a gaming room. If we did you would be invited. And three other chaps so we could play a 6 player game of the latest WIF version.

Report to Scotty in the Transporter room...

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 41
RE: QEI - 12/23/2017 1:51:36 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

I rather not. That sounds dangerous.

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 42
RE: QEI - 12/23/2017 2:09:14 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

Captain! The transporters are overheating, if you order any more WITP-AE fans transported in I dinna know if all their bits will make it!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 43
RE: QEI - 12/23/2017 3:30:03 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

Captain! The transporters are overheating, if you order any more WITP-AE fans transported in I dinna know if all their bits will make it!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 44
RE: QEI - 1/3/2018 3:37:41 AM   
Hermit

quote:

If one goes back in time one finds William the Conqueror (although he was a ghastly Norman) and later there's Edward I - Hammer of the Scots, which is rather vulgar (the less said about that the better), but generally we are more likely to favour less ostentatious nicknames, names that, so to speak do what they state on the tin e.g Elizabeth I - the Virgin Queen (yeah right) or Queen Victoria - the Grandmother of Europe (and didn't she have some unruly grandchildren!).

In case anyone cares, William the Conqueror was known as "William the Bastard" before embarking on his little voyage to thrash the Anglo-Saxons.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 45
RE: QEI - 1/7/2018 5:53:51 PM   
wegman58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sundowners

Steve,

Commodore was used for the CO of PATWING 11 ? (IIRC) when I was stationed at Moffett Field AIMD back in 85-88, But he was an O-6. Also, Commodore is still used in the SUBFORCE. Interestingly enough during my last re-enlistment in '97 I had requested the the most junior Ensign on-board (I had rate-converted to STS from AT in '88) to be the Re-enlisting Officer. Now, 20 years later, that same Ensign is now an O-6 and the Commodore of Submarine Squadron 16. I actually bumped into him on base the other day. And even more interestingly my last shore duty station was at Submarine Group 10 Training and Readiness which became a re-commissioned Submarine Squadron 16. Truly a small world!

I spent much of my active duty Navy career as a TAR (Training and Administration of Reserves if I remember correctly). After I was stationed where I was a reservist, and had my old Reserve CO reenlist me - I made a habit of being reenlisted by Reserve Officers. Worked.

(in reply to Sundowners)
Post #: 46
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: QEI Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI