Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Helicopter dont move

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Helicopter dont move Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Helicopter dont move - 1/9/2018 3:06:55 PM   
Rincovsk

Capn,

I like to create small scenarios for my own enjoyment. My free time is very sparse, unfortunately. I have noticed that sometimes the enemy helicopters dont move at all during the battle, either attack choppers or the recon ones. For example, the other day I set up a small engagement USA x URSS. I was playing the soviets and have added a Cobra for the americans. Both sides had AAA. The Cobra did not move during the entire course of the battle. Is that intended? Will the AI not move those types of units if the anti-air threats are high? At another small engagement one of the two choppers that I have added to the americans moved the other one dindt...so I am curious...

Best,
Post #: 1
RE: Helicopter dont move - 1/10/2018 2:50:20 PM   
CapnDarwin

There are a couple of situations where helicopters will hang back. First is detecting radar from a high threat SAM system. NATO helos being more likely to hold than Soviet. The only system I have seen that scares off Hinds is a Rapier system. Another issue can be a lack of draw forward based on low value VPs or a low number of VPs. You can see if things change if you bump up the VP value of rear area VPs or add some neutral VPs closer to the helos to draw them forward to scout the area.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to Rincovsk)
Post #: 2
RE: Helicopter dont move - 1/10/2018 11:45:22 PM   
Rincovsk

Hello Capn,

Thank you very much for your reply. Got it, I think my case was low number of VPs. Will try your suggestions.

Cheers

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Helicopter dont move Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI