Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Are you ready for the Desert War?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Desert War 1940 - 1942 >> RE: Are you ready for the Desert War? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Are you ready for the Desert War? - 6/7/2017 8:11:28 AM   
kipanderson

Hi,

I am as keen as ever. great game, but also great engine.

All the best,
kip.

(in reply to Saint Ruth)
Post #: 61
RE: Are you ready for the Desert War? - 6/7/2017 8:51:25 AM   
Leibst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saint Ruth
Well, the "Enter Rommel" scenario is 41 turns so 2 weeks, so lots of time and space for manoeuvre.
Yes, I know what you mean about a grand operational level game. I originally had the intention of doing something like that, but this isn't my day job so it evolved in another direction. The big problem with a game of the entire Desert War is that, as you know, not a lot happened for a long time while they were building up supplies, training etc, so there short burst of intense activity followed by long delays (which drove Churchill to distraction). So this game just concentrates on the "bursts of activity".
So, it'd be great to do, but it's not this game.

I understand you totally, great effort, congrats and all my support!!
I love the subject and the game looks very good.

Designer of AGEOD & HQ English Civil War, Thirty Years War and España:1936
Designer of Battles For Spain and Libertad o Muerte!
https://hqwargames.com

(in reply to Saint Ruth)
Post #: 62
RE: Are you ready for the Desert War? - 6/7/2017 9:30:23 AM   
Saint Ruth

Cheers guys!

(in reply to Leibst)
Post #: 63
RE: Are you ready for the Desert War? - 7/8/2017 7:53:39 AM   
skc

Looking forward to this and being a Beta. I've always had an interest in this period of WW2, ever since as a kid, hearing all my dad's war stories. He was in the 1st SA Inf Div, and got captured at the Gazala Battles just before Tobruk fell. He said they woke up in the morning to find German tanks already coming over the hills behind them!

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 64
RE: Are you ready for the Desert War? - 7/8/2017 11:26:43 PM   
bcgames

quote:

ORIGINAL: skc
I've always had an interest in this period of WW2, ever since as a kid, hearing all my dad's war stories. He was in the 1st SA Inf Div, and got captured at the Gazala Battles just before Tobruk fell. He said they woke up in the morning to find German tanks already coming over the hills behind them!

There are three Gazala scenarios and they all include the 1st South African Division. Maybe this time you save the day.

(in reply to skc)
Post #: 65
RE: Are you ready for the Desert War? - 1/11/2018 1:48:30 AM   
alanhunt

quote:

ORIGINAL: Franciscus

I will also follow this with interest, I can't get enough of North Africa campaign games. Glad it's Wego, too.

I see the unit's scale is small, Battalions / Companies / Platoons. I haven't tried the "free version", and I rather prefer operational level wargames, (like DC:B) although I also enjoy squad level games (ToTH)

I am rather intrigued how the gameplay will be, at the battalion level with such relatively large scale map and what appears (by one of the screenshots) three turns per day...?

Sad it does not have a grand campaign scenario, but for that I will wait for TOAWIV and also wait for the completion of Schwerpunkt's WWIIE North Africa scenario (Naval AI still almost inactive...)

Regards

It's really going back a ways, and don't ask me for specifics, as I can't remember... But one that might be good for you is an old Atomic Games title, called "Operation Crusader". It came out in the mid-nineties, I believe, but should still be around somewhere...

(in reply to Franciscus)
Post #: 66
RE: Are you ready for the Desert War? - 1/12/2018 12:23:01 AM   
Rosseau

There is also this, patched to the latest Panzer Campaigns standard. A bit pricey at a $40 download but I've enjoyed their games.

http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/Products/PZC/PZC_tobruk/panzer_campaigns_tobruk_41.htm

(in reply to alanhunt)
Post #: 67
RE: Are you ready for the Desert War? - 1/12/2018 10:51:38 AM   
Saint Ruth

quote:

ORIGINAL: alanhunt
It's really going back a ways, and don't ask me for specifics, as I can't remember... But one that might be good for you is an old Atomic Games title, called "Operation Crusader". It came out in the mid-nineties, I believe, but should still be around somewhere...

Atomic Games "Operation Crusader"
http://www.ibiblio.org/GameBytes/issue21/greviews/crusader.html

A great game. Many's the hours I spent playing that back in the day.

(in reply to alanhunt)
Post #: 68
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Desert War 1940 - 1942 >> RE: Are you ready for the Desert War? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI