Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Wishlist

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> RE: Wishlist Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wishlist - 12/7/2017 3:44:56 PM   
Jason Petho

Event Points are intended to be used to score for completing specific tasks that are scripted by the scenario designer. Capturing a location, destroying a unit, etc.

For example, in CSME 2.00 for the Long Road Home scenario, a lua file has been created (Oued_Fodda_1958.lua)

Inside, there is this:

quote:

-- Oued Fodda
if x == 24 and y == 24 then

-- French capture the town from Algerians:
if side == FRENCH_SIDE then

-- During the first three times the French capture the town from Algerians, give them 25 event points
if luav(OUED_FODDA_NOCAPTURES_FR) <= 3 then
inc_event_points(FRENCH_SIDE, 25)
end

-- Add one to no of times French have captured the town
set_luav(OUED_FODDA_NOCAPTURES_FR, (luav(OUED_FODDA_NOCAPTURES_FR)+1) )
message(true,"HQ", "Congratulations for capturing Oued Fodda for the ".. luav(OUED_FODDA_NOCAPTURES_FR) .. ". time!" )

-- Everytime Algerians capture the town from French, give them 25 event points
elseif side == ALGERIAN_SIDE then
inc_event_points(ALGERIAN_SIDE, 25)
message(true,"HQ", "Congratulations for recapturing Oued Fodda!" )

end

end

This basically states that if the French capture the location, they receive 25 Event Points on top of what the location is worth in victory points. They can capture and recapture it 3 times and gain the 25 Event Point bonus. After the third time, they no longer gain any bonus.

The Algerians, on the other hand, can capture and recapture the hex and gain 25 Event Points every time they do.

If there is a running battle for the village, the Algerians can rack up a lot of Event Points. Alas, this is extremely unlikely based on the quality of the Algerian troops.

Regarding your second question: The other side is not aware of what your Event Point objectives are.

< Message edited by Jason Petho -- 12/7/2017 3:48:13 PM >

(in reply to Jagger2002)
Post #: 241
RE: Wishlist - 12/7/2017 4:15:40 PM   
Jagger2002

Yes, I like that feature. Very, very nice.

Although it is a little different from my wishlist request. My idea is to only see my objectives on the map. The opponent may have the same objectives and/or totally different objectives. The key point is that I won't see or know what are my opponents objectives. I only know my objectives and have to deduce my opponents objectives from his actions and my analysis of the map and scenario description.

I could see it most useful in parachute operations or surprise offences such as the Ardennes. It would prevent massing to protect known objectives with known victory points while ignoring other portions of the map. Feints would certainly become more useful. Who knows what the enemy is up to. Definitely increase the uncertainty of FOW at least for the first blind play of a scenario.

Another idea would be to allow players, at scenario start, to choose their objectives amongst several possible objectives provided by the scenario designer. Would increase replay value of the scenario. Considering the amount of time and effort required to create a scenario, anything that increases scenario replay value is well worth the time, IMO.

< Message edited by Jagger2002 -- 12/7/2017 4:16:45 PM >

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 242
RE: Wishlist - 12/7/2017 4:37:38 PM   
berto

Not in the initial CSME 2.0 release but rather in the inevitable CSME 2.01 update (and later updates, and future games), we will have a completely revamped objective points system with much of the wished-for fanciness. Just not for the imminent CSME 2.0.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to Jagger2002)
Post #: 243
RE: Wishlist - 12/7/2017 4:43:29 PM   
Crossroads

Those are neat ideas, keep them coming guys!

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 244
RE: Wishlist - 12/7/2017 7:44:36 PM   
Big Ivan

quote:

ORIGINAL: berto

Not in the initial CSME 2.0 release but rather in the inevitable CSME 2.01 update (and later updates, and future games), we will have a completely revamped objective points system with much of the wished-for fanciness. Just not for the imminent CSME 2.0.

++1

Dev Team you have exceeded even my expectations. There is some cool s**t (stuff) going on with my beloved Campaign Series and I have to tell you all I just can't wait.

Cheers!

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 245
RE: Wishlist - 1/12/2018 5:58:12 PM   
GrayNemesis

Iran - Iraq War scenarios

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 246
RE: Wishlist - 1/12/2018 6:00:59 PM   
Jason Petho

I’m working on the first DLC for Middle East that will focus on the Iran-Iraq War

(in reply to GrayNemesis)
Post #: 247
RE: Wishlist - 1/17/2018 6:01:11 PM   
Three63

Is there a flank modifier for Rifle Platoons that get attacked from the rear? Does it effect morale or give a SP Loss bonus?

Three63 of The Blitz Wargaming Club
http://www.theblitz.org/

Post #: 248
RE: Wishlist - 1/17/2018 6:04:49 PM   
Jason Petho

Not for infantry, no.

(in reply to Three63)
Post #: 249
RE: Wishlist - 1/18/2018 1:40:47 PM   
Three63

Maybe you guys should think about adding it in the future, at the least for rear attacks. In real life cross fire or being outflanked like that would sure effect the platoon in battle. Saying that maybe you might be able to have rifle platoons affected in the open by that, but ones in a bunker or whatever do not get a penalty to avoid anything funky.

< Message edited by Three63 -- 1/18/2018 1:42:56 PM >

Post #: 250
RE: Wishlist - 1/18/2018 1:44:28 PM   
Three63

Wait, don't rifle platoons get isolated and take a penalty if troops surrounded them on three or more sides? That could be a other idea, system you can use rather then flank penalties.

< Message edited by Three63 -- 1/18/2018 1:45:16 PM >

(in reply to Three63)
Post #: 251
RE: Wishlist - 1/18/2018 2:48:34 PM   
Crossroads

Thing with flanking fire modifiers is that how do you prevent someone firing at the one unit that is defending the "opposite hex side", while there might be units positioned to face the hex side fire is coming from.

Any ideas?

(in reply to Three63)
Post #: 252
RE: Wishlist - 1/20/2018 6:59:34 AM   
budd

Two small things occurred to me. How about a number under the f for fixed units showing the turn they get released, if there fixed the whole scenario, no number. Another thing, how about when you right click and hold on the unit card in the unit panel it shows the hex sides info, ala panzer battles.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 253
RE: Wishlist - 1/20/2018 11:40:52 AM   
berto

quote:

ORIGINAL: budd

Two small things occurred to me. How about a number under the f for fixed units showing the turn they get released, if there fixed the whole scenario, no number. Another thing, how about when you right click and hold on the unit card in the unit panel it shows the hex sides info, ala panzer battles.

Both good suggestions. The "another thing" -- despite being my favorite wish list item, for some reasons that feature keeps slipping down the to-do list. One of these days, one of these updates...

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 254
RE: Wishlist - 1/20/2018 11:45:53 AM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: berto

quote:

ORIGINAL: budd

Both good suggestions. The "another thing" -- despite being my favorite wish list item, for some reasons that feature keeps slipping down the to-do list. One of these days, one of these updates...

Yes, I quite like the concept of a right click revealing alternate information in side bar, too. Let us do this

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 255
RE: Wishlist - 2/9/2018 6:00:40 PM   
Wampir

Hello
I have a question whether it is possible to add an additional level to the 3D zoom option corresponding to the standard maximum zoom level of the "old" CSME: a combination of 100% terrain + 100% unit?
Regards
Norbert

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 256
RE: Wishlist - 2/9/2018 6:11:09 PM   
Jason Petho

I don't believe so, no.

(in reply to Wampir)
Post #: 257
RE: Wishlist - 2/27/2018 8:32:33 AM   
fiambre

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

Thing with flanking fire modifiers is that how do you prevent someone firing at the one unit that is defending the "opposite hex side", while there might be units positioned to face the hex side fire is coming from.

Any ideas?

from my understanding, in real life, the infantery take cover from the side they expect the enemy or from where they are being shot. But coberture for them is much easier to achieve so they cover also the sides, somehow, if they are static. Except if being a one-direction-only side coberture and they are "assaulted" or shot from very near, they shouldnt have a too high "flanking" penalty.

(This makes me wonder if in the game infantery in the move and being shot by oportunity fire, and infantery settle and static gets the same ammount of damage...)

Tanks, in other hand, will have much harder to shift or turn to cover from flanking fire.

Anyway, if we are thinking on a playable system, a unit in an hex should "spread" its units on all the hex-sides from where the enemy is located. So that unit will have less fire power to fire on each direction with the chance to avoid flanking fire (if any is set)

Salute

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 258
RE: Wishlist - 2/27/2018 8:50:50 AM   
fiambre

About Artillery:
It sounds to me a bit unreal friendly artillery fire on Hex adjacent to my units.

Except in a very well planned operation, or small mortar units, its sounds unrealistic to shot from very far behind heavy artillery fire too next to friendly units, at least till the campaign radios appeared.

(in reply to fiambre)
Post #: 259
RE: Wishlist - 2/27/2018 3:20:06 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

About Artillery:
It sounds to me a bit unreal friendly artillery fire on Hex adjacent to my units.

Don't forget that hexes are 250 metres across, they aren't dropping the artillery as close was one would assume.

(in reply to fiambre)
Post #: 260
RE: Wishlist - 3/1/2018 9:42:19 AM   
fiambre

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

quote:

About Artillery:

Don't forget that hexes are 250 metres across, they aren't dropping the artillery as close was one would assume.

But that means that 250m is the distance between the center of one hex to the center of the next one... Units might be quite near in the frontline between hexes...

The distance between one hex to another TWO hexes away it is definitely 250m, but zero between to conected ones

!S

Post #: 261
RE: Wishlist - 3/1/2018 2:14:21 PM   
Jason Petho

Or 500 between connected ones, if the units are on opposite sides of the hexes

< Message edited by Jason Petho -- 3/1/2018 2:15:00 PM >

(in reply to fiambre)
Post #: 262
RE: Wishlist - 3/1/2018 4:08:36 PM   
Crossroads

Having served in artillery, our doctrine for an standard battery "area cover" barrage fire mission covered a 100mx100m area. A 250m hex has 5.5x that area, alone. There were many types of fire missions, of course, but that can be thought as the basic fire mission against live target.

Agreed with your basic point though. Hopefully, in a future version, artillery can be designed to be move from the 100% accuracy towards say random scatter etc. All adjustable as Adaptive AI parameters, of course.

< Message edited by Crossroads -- 3/1/2018 4:10:45 PM >

Post #: 263
RE: Help with Options - 3/6/2018 11:13:20 AM   
Biergarten

Hi - I cannot change the unit counters to NATO type nor the 3D to 2D view. Have reinstalled twice the remastered version 2.0 but it does not work. Note: actually NOTHING works under the options menu. Anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks!

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 264
RE: Help with Options - 5/6/2018 4:33:11 PM   
MausMan2

I like these ideas for realistic variability. I've been thinking about how to try some of this in lua. Specifically, units stacked together may get a temporary morale boost while stacked. Or, small chance a tracked unit looses a strength point if it traverses more than one elevation change per hex.

And then maybe for a more modern time period, EW capable units if successful (and any counter EW unsuccessful), breaks your opponents communication net for his turn. He sees a notification box saying communication is down and he's forced to watch the AI play his turn.

(in reply to Biergarten)
Post #: 265
RE: Help with Options - 5/11/2018 5:01:48 PM   
Tiger88_slith

Here are a few of my "wishes":

1. Please, please have a setting to turn-off the combat results info box - go back to JTCS where you can have options to display min or max results as well as being able to "click" out of it and not display it at all - please!!
2. Have a much smaller info box appear when looking at units on either side.
3. Provide option for tool-bar - JTCS version vs new version.
4. Provide user to see how many hexes gained with double timing vs just clicking on the button and units automatically become fatigued.
5. The smoke marker in 3D needs to be toned down - currently you cannot see any units in the hex.
6. Currently tanks with a dozer blade cannot remove mine-fields - why not? They should be able to remove them with the blade.
7. Tank recovery units - make them more than just fodder - allow them to add +1 in unit size to the unit they actually are recovering.

Thanks CS Legion Team

(in reply to MausMan2)
Post #: 266
RE: Help with Options - 5/12/2018 4:19:15 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Biergarten

Hi - I cannot change the unit counters to NATO type nor the 3D to 2D view. Have reinstalled twice the remastered version 2.0 but it does not work. Note: actually NOTHING works under the options menu. Anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks!

You've installed the 2.00 and then pressed the UPDATE button to install 2.01?

Where are you installing it?

quote:

Are you having problems installing CSME 2.00 onto your Windows 10 machine?

Try the following:

1. Uninstall Campaign Series Middle East 1.02
2. Install Campaign Series Middle East 2.00 - We recommend you install the game in C:\Matrix_Games\.. or C:\Games instead of the default C:\Program Files (x86).
3. Use the UPDATE button from the main menu to install 2.01

(in reply to Biergarten)
Post #: 267
RE: Help with Options - 5/14/2018 9:07:14 AM   
fiambre

More ideas to add after undusting my EFII and playing for a while:

Infantery has double move option, but should have also stealth move, say one single hex move but which move goes unnotice to enemy in a %. From what I see at the moment every move that falls into enemy LOS reveals the unit. Moving across different terrais should not be so evident. Similar to what happens with units shoting while still not spotted.

Unit size (Strenght Points left relative to their max Strenght points) should help on this stealth, specially when an unit is retreating and retreating and retreating and... wow far beyond their movement points :) Would be good for those poor guys to be able to end in stealth mode at a point, hiding from the enemy fire.

Adding to this: Not sure if reccon units have a higher spoting chance. They should. That is their main task.

I have talked and asked about the Bombardment phase before. When my general is at Corps level, the bombardment of all my units takes like 8-10 minutes to end. I end not using my mortars at all to save lifetime...

And about this Bombardment thing... shouldnt it be planned to happen in different times? I mean: Some prior my attack, some during movement/attack turns (friendly and foe) and some at my turn end. That would allow some different tactics during the battle; in order: soften defenses, create fire barrage for my moves/to prevent enemy moves and to cover my moves after the turn. Maybe a bit complex...

Another thing with this: I am up for a limited ammount of rounds in artillery. We see sometimes artillery is unable to provide fire and have to wait to be resuplied to keep providing fire, but still they shot way too much times. Heavy artillery should have X max rounds and we should plan all the battle having that in mind and counting every shot.

Salute!

Post #: 268
RE: Help with Options - 5/14/2018 10:57:21 AM   
Crossroads

Thank you for your comments fiambre.

Something that is already implemented in CSME 2.0 is that i) Artillery has a separate Supply Level, and ii) one can alter that supply level with Events. If a scenario calls for a heavy bombardment at certain stage, Events can ensure that for those turns Artillery has the required shells. Then, for other turns, Arty Supply could be well toned down.

As for LOS / Concealment, I believe SP have an effect already, also if vehicles or men. And with Recon Reveal, Scouts can check LOS in the middle of turn. A separate attempt at Stealth Move is a nice shout.

(in reply to fiambre)
Post #: 269
RE: Help with Options - 5/14/2018 5:02:32 PM   
Hoplite1963

Hi
Can the BMP pictures that scenario designers can import for their games be upgraded from the256 colours to the 24 bit kind available for unit viewer and unit handbook art at some point please ?

Many thanks
Ian

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> RE: Wishlist Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI