Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) is evolving...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) is evolving... Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 10/2/2017 7:15:15 PM   
rotorhead10

I dipped my toe into the Collectors Classic edition. I was tempted by the 4800 counter edition but managed to resist.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 91
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 10/3/2017 8:33:32 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulinda1212

I dipped my toe into the Collectors Classic edition. I was tempted by the 4800 counter edition but managed to resist.
warspite1

I can understand that if, as you say, you are dipping your toe in first. But I suspect you will pretty soon be buying the expansions

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to rotorhead10)
Post #: 92
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 10/3/2017 9:15:05 PM   
rotorhead10

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulinda1212

warspite1

I can understand that if, as you say, you are dipping your toe in first. But I suspect you will pretty soon be buying the expansions

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 93
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 10/4/2017 8:16:22 PM   
warspite1

Got an e-mail to say that the game should be here sometime in November I'll assume December to be on the safe side, important thing is that it's here for Christmas.

(in reply to rotorhead10)
Post #: 94
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 10/5/2017 2:49:27 AM   
paulderynck

It might be available at Essen in late October.

Paul

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 95
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 10/5/2017 7:48:56 AM   
Dabrion

Didn't Harry write something about 200 copies being available for personal pick-up at Essen?

“WiF is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it.”
- Richard P. Feynman, 'WiF, Sex, and the Dual Slit Experiment'.

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 96
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 10/5/2017 9:59:30 AM   
Joseignacio

From the WIF list in yahoo:

quote:

Forwarding from Harry for those interested, the latest Kickstarter update.

Cheers,

xxxx

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Ausdesigngroup ausdesigngroup@bigpond.com [wifplaytest]" <wifplaytest@yahoogroups.com>
To: wifplaytest@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2017 9:43 PM
Subject: [wifplaytest] Final update on ks

FYI

The Last supper
0 Comments
Edit (25 minutes)
Gidday Collector’s edition members,
Today is another red-letter day passing the $150,000 mark, thank you all for your fabulous support. To mark this and with two days to go now is a good time for the final update before the end of this incredible ks campaign.

First, the bad news. Although the join the immortals and kickstarter campaign have been a great experience and have both improved the quality of game we are about to publish, in the enhancements in counters, maps and rules, it has taken around 7 weeks in total off the time I need to spend to finish the game and we will not now have complete games at Essen.

At best we will have 200 copies of the maps, counters and charts, which will allow you to play straight away. But we will have to ship the rest after the con (expected to be sent out mid to late November 2-4 weeks after Essen). If these components are ready in time, members who pick them up will get a partial refund of the freight.

All components we do get to Essen will be available to advance order customers (both here on ks and via our website) in purchase date order. If we do get 200 copies there that should be enough for all advance order customers depending on how many want to pick their games up there.

But to ensure your game is saved for you, when I send out the survey next week to all ks advance order customers, I will include a question asking whether you intend to pick up at Essen. If you do not say you will, your game (or part thereof) won’t be reserved. All advance order components must be picked up by Sunday 29th October by 1pm. From that time on we will open them for general advance order sale and will ship your game complete after the show when it is finished.

I apologise for this. Much of the game is being done by others but certain jobs only I can do and even working 16-18 hours a day 7 days a week, there is only so much I can do each day. Please also note for there to be any chance of even getting the counters and the maps to Essen I need to spend every available moment from now on getting the game out.

We will however have all the other components of the suerdeluxe available for Essen pickup by our First class members.

(in reply to Dabrion)
Post #: 97
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 10/6/2017 8:06:21 AM   
RFalvo69

I forked the money and bought the Deluxe CE on Kickstarter. I too hope for it to arrive in time for Christmas

Of course it was, at the same time, a way to pour salt on the usual wound: four years ago this November we forked $150 for a game that, as of Oct 2017 is still unfinished and, by now, obsolete even when (if) finished.

Why? Because we had faith in Matrix.

I already ranted enough times about this farcical situation (my latest rant happened yesterday, in the Mods forum, so I'll stop here). But reading and examining the previews of the CE didn't any good to my opinion about Matrix and how they behaved (and are still behaving) re: this whole MWIF sad fiasco.

< Message edited by RFalvo69 -- 10/6/2017 8:07:19 AM >

"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 98
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 10/6/2017 8:13:17 AM   
Dabrion

quote:

ORIGINAL: RFalvo69

I forked the money and bought the Deluxe CE on Kickstarter. I too hope for it to arrive in time for Christmas

Of course it was, at the same time, a way to pour salt on the usual wound: four years ago this November we forked $150 for a game that, as of Oct 2017 is still unfinished and, by now, obsolete even when (if) finished.

I already ranted enough times about this farcical situation (my latest rant happened yesterday, in the Mods forum, so I'll stop here). But reading and examining the previews of the CE didn't any good to my opinion about Matrix and how they behaved (and are still behaving) re: this whole MWIF sad fiasco.

True Words!

p.s.: Check out http://www.eurowif.de, annual con in Germany (usually early in October).

“WiF is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it.”

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 99
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 10/6/2017 8:30:57 AM   
Joseignacio

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dabrion

quote:

ORIGINAL: RFalvo69

True Words!

p.s.: Check out http://www.eurowif.de, annual con in Germany (usually early in October).

Wrong link.

Try: http://www.eurowif.de

(in reply to Dabrion)
Post #: 100
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 10/6/2017 10:24:08 PM   
ezzler

All i can say is yes, I do wish I hadn't bought it. Its too fiddly to really play as it is.

But, on the plus side, I have played several long games with it as it is.
And have spent longer using it and enjoying it than i have with other premium titles that weren't worth the price of the box they didn't come in.

< Message edited by ezz -- 10/6/2017 10:25:18 PM >

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 101
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 10/15/2017 1:03:09 PM   
Dabrion

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king..

(in reply to ezzler)
Post #: 102
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 10/15/2017 6:31:08 PM   
paulderynck

You can teach a monkey to type and with enough of them typing you can produce all the works of Erasmus.

Paul

(in reply to Dabrion)
Post #: 103
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 10/15/2017 7:01:53 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

You can teach a monkey to type and with enough of them typing you can produce all the works of Erasmus.

Bob Newhart had a skit about that.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 104
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 10/17/2017 11:03:29 AM   
RFalvo69

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

The internet proved that this assumption is wrong :D

"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

Post #: 105
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 12/15/2017 9:36:31 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Got an e-mail to say that the game should be here sometime in November I'll assume December to be on the safe side, important thing is that it's here for Christmas.
warspite1

....and delayed yet again 1 year and 3 months and counting.....

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 12/15/2017 9:42:50 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 106
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 12/16/2017 6:48:54 AM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

warspite1

....and delayed yet again 1 year and 3 months and counting.....

And I suspect it will further delayed due to the holidays.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 107
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 12/18/2017 8:02:49 PM   
Grotius

So, I'm thinking of taking the plunge. Is the best option to pay the AUS $299 at the ADG website now? They'll ship to me here in the USA? Or should I wait for it to be available at US retailers later?

For cashflow reasons, I'd rather put off the purchase a month, as December is a high-cost month for me, heh. But it looks as if the CE will cost $100 more if I wait much longer. So what's the best bet?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 108
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 12/18/2017 9:57:11 PM   
Dabrion

The printing is in Europe (Czechia), but I am sure ADG will have a NA distributor shipping the package to you if you pre-order it.

Also the AUS$299 is the preorder price afaik. You should ask if you can still get that (would assume yes), else it will be AUS$399.

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 109
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 12/19/2017 3:12:45 AM   
Grotius

Thanks!

EDIT: I took the plunge, for AUD$299, plus shipping. Can't wait to get it!

< Message edited by Grotius -- 12/19/2017 3:18:44 AM >

(in reply to Dabrion)
Post #: 110
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 2/9/2018 10:29:24 PM   
warspite1

It all seems to have gone a bit quiet... I can't see anything recent on the website...

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 111
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 2/9/2018 10:55:10 PM   
Zecke

estoy borracjho

Epsilon Eridani

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 112
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 2/9/2018 10:57:54 PM   
Dabrion

I am drunk too..

and then : *the suspense*

(in reply to Zecke)
Post #: 113
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 2/9/2018 11:05:48 PM   
paulderynck

Klaatu barada nikto

Paul

(in reply to Dabrion)
Post #: 114
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 2/10/2018 12:27:33 AM   
brian brian

2 more weeks, my guess. Just as I come out of a 13 impulse, snow-too-deep-to-work-and-had-nothing-to-do turn.

Post #: 115
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 2/10/2018 6:19:21 AM   
Orm

quote:

It all seems to have gone a bit quiet... I can't see anything recent on the website...

This was posted on the kickstarter page the 30th January where it is said that the shipping is expected to begin mid Mars (or rather, mid Mars is my interpretation of what is said).

no the Collector's edition is still delayed I'm afraid. Typesetting of the 192 pages of the Rules and Campaigns' books took longer than we thought. It wasn't just the 5 missing campaign set ups (most important campaigns right now (as you can play them right now), America in Flames, Patton in Flames and Days of Decision all updated to Collector's edition), some text got lost in the rules book as well. So I've had to spend the last week with 2 WiF members, Brian and Santi, going through the rules with a fine tooth comb and picking up all the last errors.

Won't guarantee they are perfect, but they look pretty good to me. I will be posting the web versions of them as soon as I get them from the typesetter later tonight as they are designed to work with all the games in the Superdeluxe set (particularly now the setups are there).

Unfortunately this has delayed us another week, but I submitted them both this morning for printing. But we didn't want to hold you up with the rest of your games and now that we have all 3 agencies (Europe, America and Australia) set up we shift everything to you now so you can start playing right now.

So I am now still estimating 3 weeks, hopefully late February and then a couple of weeks to get to our agents and then shipped out to you.

Sorry for the long delay, but it is the collector's edition and although of course we are going to have living rules but we still want to make sure the rules and campaigns' books you get are the best they can be. And they are the last 2 of the 77 files submitted to our printers.

Thanks for your support and appreciate your patience.

regards
harry

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 116
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 2/21/2018 12:54:21 AM   
brian brian

quote:

ORIGINAL: brian brian

2 more weeks, my guess. Just as I come out of a 13 impulse, snow-too-deep-to-work-and-had-nothing-to-do turn.

Should have typed “months”, not “weeks”

Yeah, that’s the ticket. Now late March. Printing delays.

(in reply to brian brian)
Post #: 117
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 2/24/2018 5:14:07 PM   
Sir Roland

Placed an order for the "World in Flames Collector's edition Map set", Nov 2016.

Late Dec 2016 requested an ETA. Received this reply.

quote:

"Sorry about the delay in the release of the WiF Collectors edition. We are now in the hands of our printers but they unfortunately have just told me that due to their Christmas break they will not have it finished until mid-January.

I'm very sorry, I've been working 16 hours a day to get it released as quickly as possible but it is a massive project and having checked all the proofs I'm confident the wait will be worth it. Keep an eye on our website (www.a-d-g.com.au) for all updates."

Early this month I sent another email asking for an ETA. This is the latest reply.

quote:

"very sorry for the delay.in the game's release date. We had a hiccup in the typesetting and the maps but its all now at the printers, The maps and counters are already printed and now being mounted and die cut while the rules are being printed. I estimate we are about 3 weeks away from completion. In the meantime pls feel free to download the full colour rules, campaign book and charts from the downloads section of our site
(https://www.a-d-g.com.au/pages/downloads) and also check out our website for updates on release as we get them.

Very sorry again for the delay but having the printed components in front of me I believe you will appreciate the quality and effort when its soon released."

Looking forward to getting the quality mounted maps. Just a bit disapointed with the delays. Like the game. You can plan all you want for that short Jan/Feb turn. Then find out its longer than any Jul/Aug turn.

aka Warhunter

(in reply to brian brian)
Post #: 118
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 2/25/2018 1:59:27 PM   
Capitaine

Eh, no plan survives contact with the enemy I guess. It's the rare board game company that finishes under budget and ahead of schedule.

(in reply to Sir Roland)
Post #: 119
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 3/11/2018 5:25:06 AM   
warspite1

From the ADG website: Update 20 February 2018:

The good news is we at last have a definite general release date from our printers, the bad news is its not good news. In all the dozens of projects we have done using a variety printers on 4 continents over 35 years, we have always had the game released within 2 weeks of the rule proofs being approved as we base production on a project plan (counters last November, maps, charts and box covers December, kit covers January and the rules Feb 6). Unfortunately some of the other components are still weeks away from finishing and the printers are now definitively stating late March for general release.

We are negotiating with EFKO (the Czech printers) about speeding up that process wherever possible and they are looking at a special early release of 800 or so Collector's edition games (600 Deluxe and 200 Classic) for you, our very dedicated and greatly appreciated advance order customers (both from this web site as well as kickstarter), and hopefully we will be looking at mid-march for these games to ensure you get the biggest boardgame in the world first. I will give you a hoy as soon as I can firm an exact day for release, both general and advance order.

The other news is that the game is very heavy. The deluxe game is expected to weigh about 5.75 kg (12.7 lb), three times heavier than the current edition. We will keep freight prices the same as now for advance order customers, but will need to adjust freight prices after that to account for the heavier than expected weight of the game.

Very sorry for the delay (not the weight, we knew it was never going to be an air box) but it is a massive project and we hope you will find the wait worth it when its finally in your hands.

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) is evolving... Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI