Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI teleport 3 divisions out of encirclement !

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> AI teleport 3 divisions out of encirclement ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI teleport 3 divisions out of encirclement ! - 4/1/2018 9:08:55 AM   
urtel

I'm still in that insane game on hard against Axis AI(4 Finns ghost regiments in 5+ battles in one turn) and now AI make another magic move!

I had totally encirclement of 3 Romanian divisions in turn 81 and in turn 82 they just disappear. You can see on screen shoots that hex where those units was is still not converted but divisions just disappear.
And they are not shown in loses(captured) nor in destroyed units lists, so where are they?

I'm played whole game with Axis vs Soviet AI on normal difficulty settings and i do not remember seeing things like this, are this magic moves something which is expected to happened on hard settings?
I also do not see anyone complain about things like this on forums am i only one who getting this or no one play vs AI on hard?

An here is screen shoots i also have save games if needed be..

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: AI teleport 3 divisions out of encirclement ! - 4/1/2018 9:09:55 AM   
urtel

and turn 82

Attachment (1)

(in reply to urtel)
Post #: 2
RE: AI teleport 3 divisions out of encirclement ! - 4/1/2018 9:10:49 AM   
urtel

not captured ..

Attachment (1)

(in reply to urtel)
Post #: 3
RE: AI teleport 3 divisions out of encirclement ! - 4/1/2018 9:11:41 AM   
urtel

not destroyed..

Attachment (1)

(in reply to urtel)
Post #: 4
RE: AI teleport 3 divisions out of encirclement ! - 4/1/2018 9:17:28 AM   
urtel

I do not know how to upload save game file..

(in reply to urtel)
Post #: 5
RE: AI teleport 3 divisions out of encirclement ! - 4/1/2018 1:25:49 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: urtel

If it can be uploaded it would have to be zipped first - there is then a message saying click here to upload below where you type in a message box (do a normal reply - not fast reply at bottom of page). That said I am not sure if it is beyond the size limits. If you can do it you may want to upload saves for both turn 81 and 82.

(in reply to urtel)
Post #: 6
RE: AI teleport 3 divisions out of encirclement ! - 4/1/2018 1:36:59 PM   
GamesaurusRex

Correct me, if I'm wrong... but doesn't the AI cheat to some degree to provide the human a challenge ?
Especially at harder settings ?

< Message edited by GamesaurusRex -- 4/1/2018 1:38:06 PM >

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 7
RE: AI teleport 3 divisions out of encirclement ! - 4/1/2018 3:03:25 PM   
urtel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: urtel

If it can be uploaded it would have to be zipped first - there is then a message saying click here to upload below where you type in a message box (do a normal reply - not fast reply at bottom of page). That said I am not sure if it is beyond the size limits. If you can do it you may want to upload saves for both turn 81 and 82.

It must be limit it say 500KB mine save game file is ~3MB

quote:

ORIGINAL: GamesaurusRex
Correct me, if I'm wrong... but doesn't the AI cheat to some degree to provide the human a challenge ?

Manual not say anything about that, for me on higher levels it is OK that AI can ignore partizans or teleport 1-2 units behind front lines to fill holes in front but to teleport units which is just about to be killed from total encirclement that is just #!?!?.. guess i need to look for human opponents

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 8
RE: AI teleport 3 divisions out of encirclement ! - 4/1/2018 3:55:25 PM   
No idea

quote:

ORIGINAL: GamesaurusRex

Apart from having everything evac before you can capture it the AI doesnt cheat. Of course, you can always give it more morale, or more of this or that, but, as that is volunteer on the players side, I think that isnt cheating.

Teleporting certainly is out of what I have seen in the game, and I have played at very high difficulty against the AI. Perhaps those units were bound to be disbanded at that date?

(in reply to GamesaurusRex)
Post #: 9
RE: AI teleport 3 divisions out of encirclement ! - 4/1/2018 10:58:07 PM   
56ajax

The AI does 'cheat'. In my games it has made units walk on water, cross impenetrable barriers, helicopter out of encirclement and give extra movement points.

I have even stopped the game, rolled back to the previous turn, changed sides and tried to replicate the AI moves. No way....

But you have to take the good with the bad; remember that when the AI populates the front line with unguarded HQs and Airbases.

Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne

(in reply to No idea)
Post #: 10
RE: AI teleport 3 divisions out of encirclement ! - 4/2/2018 8:12:48 AM   
No idea

quote:

ORIGINAL: 56ajax

The AI does 'cheat'. In my games it has made units walk on water, cross impenetrable barriers, helicopter out of encirclement and give extra movement points.

I have even stopped the game, rolled back to the previous turn, changed sides and tried to replicate the AI moves. No way....

But you have to take the good with the bad; remember that when the AI populates the front line with unguarded HQs and Airbases.

Those might be bugs, not cheats. Have you ever seen the AI surround you because its units crossed over the black sea? (Just to give an example). Have you some screenshots to see what might have happened?

(in reply to 56ajax)
Post #: 11
RE: AI teleport 3 divisions out of encirclement ! - 4/2/2018 1:03:16 PM   
urtel

quote:

This is never happened in mine games, it must be something in early game versions, or when AI is out of counters, but even if this happened i will not call that good.

Anyway even if it is look like i m bashing AI that is not case.
I think this game have best AI for this scale ( ~500 counters per side) i m ever see, it really try to hold/punch line and it is good i n most of cases.
If anyone know some game of this scale who have better AI pls tell me so i can try it.

So for me i will just like to know what i can expect from AI on which level of difficulty, so let us say on example if it is possible to teleport units out of encirclement on hard but not on challenging or custom levels then it is fine.
I will just lover they fortification capabilities (which is anyway insane for even hard lvl) and i can continue game on custom difficulty level. It will be nice if there is somewhere guide what you can expect per difficultly levels so ppl do no get unpleasant surprises..

(in reply to No idea)
Post #: 12
RE: AI teleport 3 divisions out of encirclement ! - 4/2/2018 2:52:30 PM   
tyronec

There are a few glitches with the AI however I have never seen it teleport units out of a pocket at any level of difficulty. My guess would be that it is more likely to be a flaw somewhere rather than anything deliberately built into the system.
It seems improbably that the AI would be programmed to 'cheat' more at the higher difficulty levels.
I think playing the AI you just need to accept that sometimes it does things that are not quite right and just play on, if it frequently teleported pocketed units to safety then that would just about make the game not worth playing.

(in reply to urtel)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> AI teleport 3 divisions out of encirclement ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI