Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 5/4/2018 8:54:49 PM   
room

Mika chose to prolong the violence at sea and destroyed 6 or seven ships while I took only one out in return. I cannot say anymore if the allies have the stronger navy or not.. If we exluded SU, we have the same number of vessels. However given the losses Mika navy is more and more sub oriented and has a morale advantage while I have a thec advantage on surface ships (but he does not have many anymore).

Mika is very offensive and he clearly won the last round of sea battle (the intensity of the fighting slow down a bit because... we have less and less able vessels to play with )

On the ground, The US group army in the east coast of Saudi Arabia is doing well for now, it took an artillery out and wounded a corps. SU lost 2 or 3 GAR and corps and took out an unsupplied Tank while in the air SU is just that close to be on par losses with the german.

For once it's my turn to do a surprise move Mika... Don't worry it quite not as big at all as your own decided moves but still for once I will let you discover when you open

A clue: The tricky Fox has been played for once

(in reply to room)
Post #: 61
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 5/5/2018 8:59:04 AM   
room

A soviet corps discretly landed in Rash in Persia just next to Rommel who took 4 dammage. Then german retreated towards Rash, the SU corps will disapear next turn but German are weakened for 2 weeks and Baku probably won at least 4 weeks of peace to produce and prepair défenses.

Lost an SU army on Mika turn and did nothing on mine... There is snow and... I've finally hit INF 3 and Tank 4

Most fighting was again along the coast of Canada, the combined allied fleet is mainly regroup in the Charlotte Bay and Mika is still pushing trading its surface vessels for my destroyers essentially when he can I believe. Of course then its mainly sub fleet would be outstanding against my remaining big ships.

Allied fleet is now 20 vessels and Axis fleet 19! Both fleet have most remaining ships dammaged I believe.

Weather has not be kind to the Allies in the sector as no pkanes could fly in my 3 turns. Can the sun turn the tide of battle?

On the bright side, US group army is still gaining ground and inflicting losses on his way to Basra.

the way this game develop is very unusual: I have more ground units than the axis and still quite much more production thanks to an nearly intact SU industry 5 but I am in difficulty at sea and very very far from a possible landing anywhere in Europe.

(in reply to room)
Post #: 62
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 5/6/2018 3:36:19 PM   
KorutZelva

I think we are due for another unit count by type, per country... :-)

Can you show a map of russia minus the units? (press p for partisan, then print screen) That way the viewers get a sense of where the front is at without giving away unit placement.

(in reply to room)
Post #: 63
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 5/6/2018 8:49:01 PM   
room

4 January 1943,

Kaiser Mika keeps pushing with U-boats against the Pocket of Charlottstown along the canadian coast. I ve lost a full strengh US carrier... Planes still unable to fly but one U-boat is sunk as well as an old damaged italian cruser. Soon I'll have enough port for all my remaining ships

In Persia the corps that surprised rommel is no more (RIP) and germans seems quiet.

In West arabia, US group army is attacked by fresh italian coming to rescue the battered germans. US Marines are reduced to strengh 2 and are allowed to go rest in the back while a US army retaliates and inflicts 4 to an obsolete italian army (thec 0 )

In Finaland, Nothing.

In the Baltic countries, German go back a few hexes as snow is here, Pskov who was theathen is safe for now! Hourrah!!

In Centre Russia and Ukraine, Nothing but SU going back to retake Crimea (I still hold the sevastopol Fortress but not the 2 other town). 2 minors axis crops are guarding those town and I expect Crimea to be Under soviet rule before German can come to rescue.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 64
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 5/6/2018 8:56:36 PM   
room

Ground units GER 78 IT 16 SU 99 USA 20 UK 5

Air units GER 17 IT 6 SU 8 USA 11 UK 1

Naval units GER 12 IT 5 SU 6 USA 9 UK 10

GER prod 47710 and lost 49909
IT prod 6415 and lost 6607

UK prod 10743 and lost 23841
USA prod 23302 and lost 5982
SU prod 36244 and lost 32042

I appear in a better position than what I expected in 41. Wait and see (but not the map... for now )

(in reply to room)
Post #: 65
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 5/8/2018 10:48:11 PM   
room

February 43,

Not much move and rare fighting in Russia as snow is here and planes cannot fly.

In the Atlantic however... planes CAN for the first time!!! But they found nothing as the Great Axis Fleet of Doom seems to have left the canadian Coast. A british Destoyer scoot the convoy line and found 3 subs trying to surprise us ( they do hit hard the destroyer ) and we follow up and sink one.

In Saudi, my weakened US ranger is destroyed by Italian bombers (they are 3 italian planes there now ), Italian are still no match on the ground but no progress is make toxards Basra.

Quiet in Persia but Mika send some troops toxards the East of the Caspian Sea.

A very quiet turn with about 4 times less MPPs dammages than a few turns ago.

(in reply to room)
Post #: 66
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 5/10/2018 8:16:00 AM   
room

8 April 43

The Great Axis Fleet continues its orderly retreat from the canadian waters. One sub is found and sunk while I lose one vessel and take more damage. However the US navy receive 2 modern vessels
The Allied fleet is now 20 strong while axis is 15.

In Finland, Russian tanks make a charge and destroy the german corps guarding the fortification.

In the Baltic countries, behing enemy lines Dagaupolis fortress is being reduce adn likely lost next turn. I scoot the baltic countries and found an AT with my mecanized (5dammages taken ), will be destroyed in supply next turn.

In Centre front, German are closing on Orsha but their front army is destroyed. The fortresses kkeps appearing at a steady pace (had 2 engeneers for a long long time).

In Ukraine, we pass the bug river to test the spanish and romanian defences. One corps is destroyed but they are solid, I take a lot of dammages. In the air, german pilots inflict maybe 50% more dammages than they take, they are consistenly better since a few turns.

In Crimea, Only Perm is now resisting its liberation from axis rule while its port is besieged by the russian navy.

In Persia lost a Tank then counterattacked a mecha that flew.

IN Saudi, US armies keep inflicting good dammage to italo german but fail to move the front one inch forward Basra.

< Message edited by room -- 5/10/2018 8:17:00 AM >

(in reply to room)
Post #: 67
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 5/14/2018 8:00:58 PM   
Dorky8

Some pics would help here kids

(in reply to room)
Post #: 68
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 5/15/2018 6:52:02 PM   
LLv34Mika

My curiousity to try new things might be a bit too much here. I'm familiar with SC2 for many years but here I have to learn many things as it seems. My strategy to bring whole Europe under Axis control to make it impossible for the Allies to land anywhere might be ok but the economic war is somewhat different from SC2 to SC3 and I guess my way has a dead end. Stalin is producing units faster than I can destroy them. Even tough I still have enough punch and can cause more losses than the other way around in most turns it is still a fact that the Red Army is pushing forward despite its losses.

I made some mistakes when I planned the attack and the early USSR diplo hits didn't help. But now I see the need for the Axis forces to push deep into Russian territory as fast as possible to decrease the income significantly. I thought I could give it a try to do it slowly while taking almost all other countries to improve the own economy. It was not enough, even not with industrial tech 5.

Now the tide is turning and my forces are more and more on their way back instead of gaining ground. The best thing is still that the allies still have problems to be a danger where it hurts. Ok, the USA are somewhere around Basra but from there it is a really really long way to Rome and Berlin. And GB and Spain seem to be safe. I guess it is still too risky for room to get his men into some boats and ship them over the Atlantic. Spain, GB, Ireland... everything under my control and no ports to unload troops.

Let's see if I can turn the tide again. If not I will have to dig in in the mountains of Romania, Southern Poland, in woods and cities and slow down the Russians whereever I can. I can still delay his advance to the very end and hold the important objectives when the game ends.

I'm still happy with what I've seen here. In other games I would send more troops to NA and GB (when trying sealion). I was too careful. Yes, I saw the chance and it was correct but then it was just a poor attempt with not enough forces. It was too slow and I was not ready when the USSR joined the allies (pretty soon due to the diplo hits). With the experience of only 4 or 5 games I see much room to improve and I swear I will... next time ;)

Very solid game from room's side so far. He is getting stronger and stronger...

(in reply to Dorky8)
Post #: 69
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 5/15/2018 7:17:30 PM   
room

I must confess I thought I had lost in 40 and 41. Only in 42 I saw hope again

I don't want to spoil you so go open your turn

I mainly agree with what you wrote above but you have one thing wrong (Thought I have no idea if this is a good idea )

If the game stops here, you still win. And if I'm not gaining ground any quicker you will still win at the end of 46. Hopefully I shall outnumber you mpore and more till I can breaktrhough and gain more ground quicker. As you say Berlin and Rome are very very far...

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 70
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 5/15/2018 7:25:26 PM   
KorutZelva

What's the mpp per turn per country?

Can we get an updated unit loss table pic?

(in reply to room)
Post #: 71
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 5/15/2018 7:36:46 PM   
Dorky8

You fellas make War and Peace read like a short story

Who,s winning?

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 72
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 5/17/2018 9:45:23 AM   
room

I do not know. I feel I am in the better seat now though.

As for the July 43 surprise, it is US marines in Ireland. Belfast has been freed and only Dublin seems to have a GER corps while a mar bomber is guarding the more western town.

US marines have pushed back the Germano-Italians and can push inside Irak from Basra.

SU has slowly gained some ground in the last few turns (mainly in Ukraine) but the cost might be to heavy for the SU army who suffers more than the germans. Especially in the air.

At sea, one surface vessel and one sub have been destroyed so that we outnumbered 2 to 1 the axis fleet now (22 vs 12)

(in reply to Dorky8)
Post #: 73
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 5/17/2018 6:51:40 PM   
LLv34Mika

As it seems room invested incredibly much MPPs in his navy. That gives him more chances to gain control but I hope it means that he is lacking ground forces or will only be able to build them later. The Germans keep following their plan to destroy the russian tank forces. As it seems the advance is slowing down a bit. Maybe that is the result of my efforts. The problem is that the Russian troops pop out faster than I can destroy them.

Still have to say that it is an interesting game... learned really much.

(in reply to room)
Post #: 74
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 5/17/2018 7:18:25 PM   
PvtBenjamin

Kudos room. Early in the game I thought you had no chance but your resilience has prevailed, giving you a chance.

well done

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 75
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 5/30/2018 5:50:33 PM   
room

Thanks, We played a few turns since and nothing spectacular happenned. I m reconquesting the UK and that is all I recall. Sadly I did not receive a turn this week.

(in reply to PvtBenjamin)
Post #: 76
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 6/4/2018 12:23:23 PM   
PvtBenjamin

Is this game over?

(in reply to room)
Post #: 77
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 6/4/2018 2:54:24 PM   
room

I've sent a message to Mika and haven't had a response yet. I'm impatient to play but not to get a surrender like this. So I'm learning patience

Post #: 78
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 6/4/2018 3:39:29 PM   
PvtBenjamin

Maybe he's on holiday

(in reply to room)
Post #: 79
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 6/5/2018 2:33:43 PM   
LLv34Mika

Hi

already answered in a PM too but to make it public I repost it here.
I was on holidy only for 4 days but earlier my laptop stopped working. Already bought a new one and now I'm back online. I still have to do some work (install software, make updates, change a few things here and there) but I hope to be back in a few days.

Nevertheless I already congratulated room. He played a very good game making use of his early diplo hits and my poor UK invasion. Yep, the invasion worked but I was soooooooooooo slow and came too late for Barbarossa. Congratulations to room for setting up such a decent defense in the east. I was unable to gain ground and then everything went the expected way. The USA were growing more and more powerful and finally opened up the second front. There was already not enough power to fight in the east when this happened so it was best to show the white flag and stop the pointless killing in this war.

Again I could learn many many things. Thanks for playing!

Post #: 80
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 6/5/2018 3:08:21 PM   
room

Thks to you too Mika.

I do feel you cannot win anymore but I don't think a draw is out of question. After early France and sealeon and Egypt/Irak lost, I decided to continue the game only out of tenacity and for Learning purposes.

One thing I did not get: why did you attack the anglo-american fleet in the canadian waters?

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 81
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 6/5/2018 4:15:35 PM   
LLv34Mika

There are not even enough units to hold back the Red Army... you can imagine what happens with France when the US and UK start their assault next spring? I had no ressources for any defense.

I saw this coming and my plan was to find your ships and sink them. As it seems you built more destroyers and the ASW investments were made early enough. When I sunk many of your ships I was unable to sink the big battleships. I hoped that there were not too many destroyers left giving my subs the chance to finish the job without being in danger to get attacked. It was desperation to be honest.

Without these destroyers and ASW technology there would have been not much to worry and with another 5 - 10 ships sunk your way back to Europe would have been very dangerous. I was also surprised that my intelligence did not find a single ship. I only got the position of many many less interesting units in the east or in Iraq/Iran.

As said before my biggest mistake was that I planned to do what worked well in SC2. In SC2 taking whole Europe meant that you don't have to fear the economic war anymore. In SC3 I was not even close to parity even with industrial tech level 5. That was a huuuuuuuuuuge surprise for me. Not a good one. Like getting socks and ties for Xmas ;)

(in reply to room)
Post #: 82
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 6/5/2018 10:18:16 PM   
Harun

quote:

Like getting socks and ties for Xmas

This is not so much a surprise once you are an old man.

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 83
RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika - 6/5/2018 11:50:22 PM   
KorutZelva

If the game is done, you guys owe us some screenies now!

(in reply to Harun)
Post #: 84
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> RE: Tourney AAR room vs mika Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI