Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Lua script as attachment not working with ScenEdit_UseAttachment()

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Lua script as attachment not working with ScenEdit_UseAttachment() Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lua script as attachment not working with ScenEdit_UseA... - 6/3/2018 1:53:20 PM   
NimrodX

I must be missing something that's not provided in the documentation because this isn't working.

ScenEdit_UseAttachment() doesn't seem to be running my lua script at all. Not in an Action script, not in the Lua console.

I've attached a scenario that demonstrates what is not working.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Lua script as attachment not working with ScenEdit_... - 6/11/2018 8:05:04 AM   
michaelm75au

This command is used to load files from the Attachment repository. You will need to create the file as an attachment, and use the attachment id as its name.
Use ScenEdit_RunScript() to run a Lua script from [Command base directory]/Lua

Michael

(in reply to NimrodX)
Post #: 2
RE: Lua script as attachment not working with ScenEdit_... - 6/12/2018 6:12:02 AM   
NimrodX

There seems to be no real benefit to Lua attachements at all. So far I haven't encountered anything that can't be better managed by creating a Lua Script Action and triggering it on scenario load, etc. This is much less trouble than trying to deal with all of the attachment bundling issues, unless maybe the Lua script is so large that it exceeds some hard limit for the text blob size of an Action. And in that case it seems likely that multiple lua script Actions could be executed.

Am I missing anything here?

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Lua script as attachment not working with ScenEdit_UseAttachment() Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI