Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/6/2018 3:22:35 PM   
johanssb

Challenge started: johanssb (Allies) : Giovanni705 (Axis)
ChallengeID: 114775

(in reply to Amadeus)
Post #: 181
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/6/2018 3:54:31 PM   
room

I'm available too (what I said so already! ), please send challenge my way pretty please

< Message edited by room -- 6/6/2018 3:55:05 PM >

(in reply to johanssb)
Post #: 182
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/6/2018 8:23:52 PM   
PJL1973

I was waiting for Giovanni to respond first before I made my move. However now that is done, I would gladly challenge you to a game. I would like to play as Allies, so if you don't mind playing Axis, we can set this up ASAP.

(in reply to room)
Post #: 183
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/6/2018 8:23:58 PM   
IrishGuards

looking for a challenge
IG

(in reply to room)
Post #: 184
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/6/2018 9:42:00 PM   
KorutZelva

Ironguards I have you already penned in a game with Amadeus. Is that game completed?

(in reply to IrishGuards)
Post #: 185
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/6/2018 10:08:39 PM   
IrishGuards

yup we both posted that .. and its
Irish Guards .. eh'
faugh a ballagh
IG

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 186
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/6/2018 10:18:59 PM   
KorutZelva

I missed it, my bad! It's fixed now.

Post #: 187
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/7/2018 12:05:07 AM   
room

I prefer allies but it is challenger choice and you are the challenger! So I am the axis! Would you mind setting the game and sending me the password please?

(in reply to PJL1973)
Post #: 188
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/7/2018 3:22:42 PM   
room

I think i am challenged already but if not I ll gladly accept yours

Post #: 189
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/9/2018 10:04:30 AM   
LLv34Mika

everything installed again... ready for a new game
anyone up for a challenge?

(in reply to room)
Post #: 190
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/12/2018 12:46:45 AM   
KorutZelva

If you're not getting challenges from below, you can challenge up!

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 191
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/12/2018 3:55:15 PM   
BPINisBACK

Hello there,
After a veeeery long game (December 45) it's a pleasure to report that i could defeat Ktonos. I played as allies.
I want to thank you Ktonos for their excellent behaviour playing until Berlin falls.
He was very close to the victory as only Stalingrad and London were under allied control at the end of 1943.
During 1944 a very demanding attrition war close to Stalingrad and the landings of West Allies in Norway, Denmark and France could stop the Axis advance... and with a lot of work... move back the german armies.
However, Germany was very close to move back to the sea both the US and British during the winter of 1944-45... Very good job of Ktonos.
A very funny match!
So, i am up for a new game. Please, send me a request. I don't mind to play Axis or Allies.
Greetings,

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 192
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/12/2018 5:16:44 PM   
LLv34Mika

quote:

ORIGINAL: KorutZelva

If you're not getting challenges from below, you can challenge up!

still greedy for our rematch... what do you say?

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 193
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/12/2018 7:55:31 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

ORIGINAL: LLv34Mika

Challenger picks sides. I just hope the weather is going to be bad over where you live for the duration of the game.

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 194
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/12/2018 8:06:00 PM   
LLv34Mika

quote:

quote:

Challenger picks sides. I just hope the weather is going to be bad over where you live for the duration of the game.

Since I played the axis in our last game I should pick the allies in our rematch. And I'll do my best to keep the turn rate high. Possible that I'm out of town from Sunday until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Are we using the latest hotfix patch?

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 195
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/12/2018 8:13:29 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

Since I played the axis in our last game I should pick the allies in our rematch. And I'll do my best to keep the turn rate high. Possible that I'm out of town from Sunday until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Are we using the latest hotfix patch?

Groan... only if you hate me. I hate messing around steam settings. That's just 2 garrisons that would provide me free exp, anyway.

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 196
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/18/2018 10:45:00 AM   
YohanTM

Mrlongleg (Allies) defeats YohanTM2 (Axis) in 1943. Axis went for complete French surrender and Sea Lion as well. I will not be trying that again :)

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 197
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/18/2018 11:44:36 AM   
KorutZelva

quote:

ORIGINAL: YohanTM

Mrlongleg (Allies) defeats YohanTM2 (Axis) in 1943. Axis went for complete French surrender and Sea Lion as well. I will not be trying that again :)

Wow, Mrlongleg with the upset!

Wish you guys had AARed that one!

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 6/18/2018 1:58:15 PM >

(in reply to YohanTM)
Post #: 198
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/18/2018 1:55:46 PM   
MrLongleg

quote:

It was a great game, when surrendering YohanTM controlled all of Africa, was allied with Spain and already got Teheran. But Russia was defending in Northern Iran to block the road to Baku. The Royal Navy was quite decimated after a failed Sea Lion attempt, so he had a strong naval game, where I was playing catch up. But what lost him the game was too few land units. I landed in Britany through the undefended port of St Malo and broke through his defenses in Ukraine at the same time. I guess that was the killing blow, although I thought that the tide was just turning and I was still a long way from victory.

< Message edited by MrLongleg -- 6/18/2018 3:06:34 PM >

MrLongleg

Life is too short to drink bad wine ;-)

(in reply to YohanTM)
Post #: 199
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/18/2018 8:59:41 PM   
MrLongleg

quote:

Wow, Mrlongleg with the upset!

Wish you guys had AARed that one!

That would have been a cool AAR with lots of drama, including a failed Sea Lion with the sacrifice of most of the Royal Navy, a sequence of disasters in Egypt and the Middle East, very successful German Wolfpacks etc etc. It was a thriller, at least for me...

< Message edited by MrLongleg -- 6/19/2018 12:42:55 AM >

MrLongleg

Life is too short to drink bad wine ;-)

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 200
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/19/2018 10:34:15 AM   
YohanTM

Good day all, a brief summary (sorry I travel too much to do justice to an AAR)

The game was quite fun. MrLongleg advised he was a less experienced player so I wanted to try a few different angles of play. Strategy A was to completely eliminate France and as a secondary plan I wanted to try a major uboat campaign. I think if I had stuck to that strategy I might have had a chance to win. My Waterloo was the attack on the UK. He defended against it well and I was never able to recover against those losses (all full rebuilds due to low supply). He played Russia extremely well, patient and steady until it broke my lines for good.

The last note was I gave France to Italy as I wanted to see how they assisted the enhanced MPPs would change them. I'd say it was marginal at best, funds are much better in Germany's hands.

(in reply to MrLongleg)
Post #: 201
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/19/2018 11:53:40 AM   
KorutZelva

quote:

Good day all, a brief summary (sorry I travel too much to do justice to an AAR)

The game was quite fun. MrLongleg advised he was a less experienced player so I wanted to try a few different angles of play. Strategy A was to completely eliminate France and as a secondary plan I wanted to try a major uboat campaign. I think if I had stuck to that strategy I might have had a chance to win. My Waterloo was the attack on the UK. He defended against it well and I was never able to recover against those losses (all full rebuilds due to low supply). He played Russia extremely well, patient and steady until it broke my lines for good.

The last note was I gave France to Italy as I wanted to see how they assisted the enhanced MPPs would change them. I'd say it was marginal at best, funds are much better in Germany's hands.

I salute your adventuring spirit (I will do the same vs people I think I hold a skill edge over) but that was a lot of experimentation to put in the same game!

Just the 'France to Italy' would have been enough risky enough on its own. Speaking of which, not sure this play would be viable in any circumstance. That sweet sweet plunder is a must have for Barbarossa. That's not to say there's no benefit helping Italy's income, I typically earmark everything from Egypt to Persia for precisely that myself. That's my policy insurance in case the game runs long. The extra income allows to narrow the air unit gap by maxing its Italy build limit...

(in reply to YohanTM)
Post #: 202
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/19/2018 3:01:42 PM   
pjg100

I would like to throw my hat in the ring. Have played a few PBEM games, have done okay. Am playing two now, holding my own although it's still early days. If anyone is interested please let me know.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 203
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/19/2018 3:37:18 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

ORIGINAL: pjg100

I would like to throw my hat in the ring. Have played a few PBEM games, have done okay. Am playing two now, holding my own although it's still early days. If anyone is interested please let me know.

Here are your potential opponents,

*#YohanTM (2-2) - *Room (1-0) - *IrishGuards (1-2) - *BPINisBack (1-1) - *MrLongleg (1-0)

Msg one and pick a side.

(in reply to pjg100)
Post #: 204
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/19/2018 4:37:03 PM   
room

Sorry I accepted PJL1973 challenge a few days ago... Barbarossa is about to start

I did do one exotic venue... I refused to change the convoy line from Norway. Quite a bad decision, I would say but nothing extravagantly bad.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 205
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/19/2018 5:37:37 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

ORIGINAL: room

Sorry I accepted PJL1973 challenge a few days ago... Barbarossa is about to start

I did do one exotic venue... I refused to change the convoy line from Norway. Quite a bad decision, I would say but nothing extravagantly bad.

Noted!

(in reply to room)
Post #: 206
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/19/2018 7:42:49 PM   
Sugar

How I understand the settings my only hope to play a tourney match is to be challenged by someone a lvl below myself, is this right?

And shouldn`t the tourney end at some defined point? Maybe starting a new one could reraise the interest in participating and playing.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 207
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/19/2018 9:13:48 PM   
HamburgerMeat

I will also throw my hat into the ring. If anyone wants to play let me know, otherwise I'll issue a challenge in a few days.

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 208
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/19/2018 9:43:19 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sugar

How I understand the settings my only hope to play a tourney match is to be challenged by someone a lvl below myself, is this right?

And shouldn`t the tourney end at some defined point? Maybe starting a new one could reraise the interest in participating and playing.

It's not your only hope for playing. You can play games outside the parameter of the tourney.

It's going to end at some point. Impossible to know for now if it will be when I get tired of doing its maintenance for whiny, ungrateful players or when Hubert launches a new SC game.

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 209
RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread - 6/19/2018 10:41:45 PM   
Sugar

According to your reports, 8 players are not playing any matches, and another 3 are temporarely out of duty. A deadline could be motivating I guess, and after finishing the first tourney anotherone could start with new hopes.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: Official Tourney Pyramid Thread Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI