Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ski troops

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Ski troops Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ski troops - 6/10/2001 2:13:00 AM   
Colonel von Blitz

I wrote about ski troops and their lacking ability to assault enemy vehicles. I was never answered by Matrix. So let's try again, especially now when I encountered interesting detail: I found out that (at least German) motorcycle MMG units, with three men and armed with only MG34 LMG, these units are capable of assaulting and taking out enemy armour :confused: Now I'm trying to picture a T-34 advancing when suddenly a motorcycle appears alongside with it...a guy climbs on the tank with LMG, opens the hatch and fires long bursts into the tank :D :D :D To be serious, I'm just wondering why ski troops are unable to assault enemy vehicles but motorcycles have this ability? Colonel von Blitz [ June 09, 2001: Message edited by: Colonel von Blitz ]

--Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak--
Post #: 1
- 6/10/2001 2:06:00 PM   
Colonel von Blitz

Back to the top...

--Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak--

(in reply to Colonel von Blitz)
Post #: 2
- 6/10/2001 5:57:00 PM   
Arto

You´re right! And remember what the Finns did when they didn´t have any AT-weapons: They took a log and few seconds later the tank was immobile. [ June 10, 2001: Message edited by: Arto ]

Post #: 3
- 6/11/2001 12:08:00 AM   
RockinHarry

Hi Colonel, yes you´re right, there seems to be a problem or bug with this unit class. Also they don´t show up with their "headcount" which I consider pretty annoying. Should probably mentioned in this "bug consolidation" - thread. __________ Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

Post #: 4
- 6/11/2001 12:32:00 AM   
Spike

Is it just me or can't you 'overrun' ski troops either? There wasn't even any snow and I ran a T-34 up to a ski-troop unit and it said they weren't infantry (?) Oh yeah, and what did the Finns do with a log to stop a tank? (never heard that) :) Spike [ June 10, 2001: Message edited by: Spike ]

Post #: 5
- 6/11/2001 12:39:00 AM   
Alby

quote:

Originally posted by RockinHarry: Hi Colonel, yes you´re right, there seems to be a problem or bug with this unit class. Also they don´t show up with their "headcount" which I consider pretty annoying. Should probably mentioned in this "bug consolidation" - thread. __________ Harry
I posted the "headcount" thing in the bug thread, I thought it was just the soviets tho all ski troops huh? the soviets says "ski inf x 1" in the buy screen,

Post #: 6
- 6/11/2001 1:17:00 AM   
Colonel von Blitz

quote:

Oh yeah, and what did the Finns do with a log to stop a tank? (never heard that) :)
Check out a finnish movie Winter War, there finnish soldiers stucked a small log between sprocket wheel and track...this immobilizes the tank and another guy throws a molotov cocktail to engine intake :D Colonel von Blitz

Post #: 7
- 6/11/2001 1:24:00 AM   
Arto

quote:

Originally posted by Colonel von Blitz: Check out a finnish movie Winter War, there finnish soldiers stucked a small log between sprocket wheel and track...this immobilizes the tank and another guy throws a molotov cocktail to engine intake :D Colonel von Blitz
Perkhele, ehdit ensin.... It was a very common way to stop a tank, not just in the movie. And when the tank was stopped it was easy to destroy it even without molotovs. Couple of handgranades under the tank and soon the crew was surrendering...

Post #: 8
- 6/11/2001 1:48:00 AM   
IKerensky

just look at them with OOB , they are defined as Inf-SAM , I do think that can be just the point.

Post #: 9
- 6/12/2001 12:13:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

They are nimble litel buggers I guess - you could never overrn James Bond either on those skis ;) If they come up "inf-SAM" you are using an out of dat editor and could cause serious problems...

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Ski troops Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI