Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates - 3/2/2016 4:20:51 PM   
Andy Mac

So the new scen has

More bases in Australia/NZ and Burma
Supply restrictions
Small organic food production in several areas
Slightly more flexibility in CW air frame use
New Australain Army starting locations
etc etc basically every fix to scen 1 that I spot that I agree with I am incorporating into the scenario BEFORE I finalise the AI.

So far my testing is out to 43 and its doing ok but obviously in Scen1 for both sides attacking is difficult.

Andy

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 211
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates - 3/2/2016 6:56:57 PM   
BigDuke66

Sounds delicious! Looking forward!

Could you explain what you mean by "Supply restrictions", new limits in the supply transfer between bases?

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 212
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates - 3/2/2016 6:58:48 PM   
Skyros

Andy did you ever come up with a consistent formula that could be applied to all bases for supply restrictions? We discussed this last year, but I could never get it to work consistently. NW Australia would tie out, but Thailand and Burma would be off.

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 213
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates - 3/2/2016 8:24:20 PM   
Andy Mac

Not really its more of an artform than a science

Biggest grip I have working with Scen 1 again is the AI simply cannot cut it in Scen 1 - it needs the extra resources to be competitive even Scen 2 is a doddle for a human player I do my best but I can only do so much with the tools we have

(in reply to Skyros)
Post #: 214
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates - 4/21/2016 3:25:43 PM   
mussey

I had to reinstall WITP-AE from scratch, and updated today to the most recent official patch v1108r9.

Q. Does it include the most recent AndyMac data changes to Scen10 - Ironman? I already downloaded Andy's unofficial patch 7, changed the .zip to .exe. But the files therein look a bit old, created 2012.

Before I overwrite Scen files I want to ensure I know what the !%&$@! I'm doing. Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Col. Mussbu

The long arm of the law - "The King of Battle"

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 215
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates - 4/21/2016 4:14:50 PM   
Sardaukar

quote:

ORIGINAL: mussey

I had to reinstall WITP-AE from scratch, and updated today to the most recent official patch v1108r9.

Q. Does it include the most recent AndyMac data changes to Scen10 - Ironman? I already downloaded Andy's unofficial patch 7, changed the .zip to .exe. But the files therein look a bit old, created 2012.

Before I overwrite Scen files I want to ensure I know what the !%&$@! I'm doing. Thanks in advance for your help!!!

You should definitely update also to latest Beta after that. (Unofficial Public Beta - 1125 updated 3 April 2016 )

< Message edited by Sardaukar -- 4/21/2016 4:16:43 PM >

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to mussey)
Post #: 216
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates - 4/21/2016 4:26:21 PM   
mussey

Sardaukar, thanks for a speedy reply. In between last post and this one, I discovered that I have saved a previous Ironman v10 update w/files that were created/modified 10/8/2014 (not sure where I got that from). But the one downloaded from this thread has a creation dates of 6/29/2012.

Does the download from this site (Post #1) contain the most up-to-date files????

Thanks

Col. Mussbu

The long arm of the law - "The King of Battle"

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 217
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates - 4/21/2016 5:39:56 PM   
Sardaukar

quote:

ORIGINAL: mussey

Sardaukar, thanks for a speedy reply. In between last post and this one, I discovered that I have saved a previous Ironman v10 update w/files that were created/modified 10/8/2014 (not sure where I got that from). But the one downloaded from this thread has a creation dates of 6/29/2012.

Does the download from this site (Post #1) contain the most up-to-date files????

Thanks

Yes, michaelm (blessed be his name ) always puts latest Beta as attachment in first post in that topic.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to mussey)
Post #: 218
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates - 10/3/2016 8:27:03 PM   
Lokasenna

Mmmm... this should be a sticky.

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 219
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates - 10/3/2016 8:44:06 PM   
Korvar

I've made it a habit to bookmark any thread I find worthy of being a sticky.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 220
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates - 12/31/2016 6:39:04 PM   
Lord_Calidor

Resurrecting this thread as I'm just coming back to AE after a long time, and wanna take it easy, re-learning everything before maybe going for a PBEM, so I'm thinking about a Japan vs Allied AI game, scen 1 or 2... Having the latest official v1.124 patch, do I just install the updated scen 1/2 files from posts 10 & 11? Is there anything else needed, some updated files, AI routines etc?
Also, would they negate some of the fixes/changes from the latest patches?

But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage.

(in reply to Korvar)
Post #: 221
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates - 1/1/2017 8:51:06 AM   
szmike

I think scenario changes were included into latest official patch, but I'm not sure. Could anyone confirm?

(in reply to Lord_Calidor)
Post #: 222
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates - 1/2/2017 11:39:40 PM   
rastignac

For me it says the ironman scenario is corrupted file. can someone reupload please?

(in reply to szmike)
Post #: 223
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates - 2/27/2017 3:29:30 PM   
Lowpe

bump so it doesn't fall off page 1

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 224
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates - 4/17/2017 1:46:07 PM   
Alpha77

THANKS this update finally works and corrects some issues

AH the newest AI thread, this is great, cause I wanted to ask if the SCEN2 ANDY MAC update (which also corrects AA, super E´s and radar) also has the updated AI ? I do not want to play any "ironman" scen it is too "phantasy" for my taste. The scen2 also has more stuff (for IJ) but at least in the realm of historic possibility.

BUT: I wanted to ask if the SCEN2 ANDY MAC update (which also corrects AA, super E´s and radar) also has the updated AI ? I do not want to play any "ironman" scen it is too "phantasy" for my taste. The scen2 also has more stuff (for IJ) but at least in the realm of historic possibility.

IF NOT, is there a download for the AI for SCEN2

Cause:
Perhaps I want to start over my current Allied AI game cause it seems the AI is still too "suicidal" and air group behaviour also "strange". And some other stuff... I started this with the latest official scen2 some months ago for a fast game besides the PBM and thought this would be already updated. Turned out not...I also made some changes in a mod - which I will upload perhaps later (based on the last 2 AI thread and the "more worthwhile" stuff threads This means you will get less stuff and not add Klingon bird of preys ships :)

AND WTF is this not on the main page along with the AI updates Also I was looking in the scens forum for this not in the tech one

< Message edited by Alpha77 -- 4/17/2017 2:54:26 PM >

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 225
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates - 4/20/2017 5:56:40 PM   
Alpha77

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigDuke66

What I would find helpful are some optimized Jap AI files to make the most out of the historical situation & capacities.
I had played with all AI files and saw silly attempts by Japan like a big convoy that did seem to head for New Caledonia and was smashed by me because that area was my stagging ground for future operations and was filled with a lot assets, such attempts could only work with a totally clueless & bad US player. These attempts also seem to be bad because the AI lacked behind the historical schedule in some places like the Philippines, the Dutch East Indies and Burma.
But I saw good things like Guadalcanal being secured by a lot Japanese forces, this kind of behavior that is within the capabilities of Japan is what I would like to see in a set of optimized AI files. This would be more challenging for a good US player but would still note waste Japanese assets for futile attempts.

This is typical for IJ AI in THE OLD versions, I played 2 Allied games and it was always the same. They sail to Pearl Harbour or right in your big bases at Suva, Lugan etc. I guess (not tried) the new AI (at historical) will correct that. I also hope the new Allied AI is better, we will find out.... Great support by the team btw (only a bot confusing for normal humans like me to find all the different and new versions of scens and AI, perhaps make a new thread on the MAIN page so everyone can find them easy and also add an oversight text with short desciption of every scen/AI file. Just an idea I was able to hunt this stuff down now a week ago - could have been easier. But I am half blind, so... it is possible only me )

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 226
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates - 12/16/2017 12:45:24 AM   
Three63

I'm still confused how do I download 18 and install it. I can't open it and I have no clue how to change it to a exe.

Three63 of The Blitz Wargaming Club
http://www.theblitz.org/

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 227
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates - 12/16/2017 12:56:36 AM   
btd64

quote:

ORIGINAL: Three63

I'm still confused how do I download 18 and install it. I can't open it and I have no clue how to change it to a exe.

Are you looking for scenario data updates or the latest beta for the game?....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to Three63)
Post #: 228
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates - 12/16/2017 8:53:57 AM   
chemkid

< Message edited by chemkid -- 4/25/2018 10:59:17 AM >

(in reply to Three63)
Post #: 229
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates - 12/28/2017 9:30:51 AM   
ericv

This doesn't mean anything I guess. You can guesstimate the first 20 just by looking at the nationality.

Stopped after that.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 230
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates - 2/25/2018 10:54:53 AM   
Yaab

Official scenarios 1-25, database change for Allies.

Andy Mac, Wirraway and C-12 Boomerang need database changes.

The discussion (starting from post #41)
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3852047&mpage=2�

(in reply to ericv)
Post #: 231
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates - 3/3/2018 10:35:59 PM   
Rusty1961

Hello,

So the update took, despite not telling me so, but now my settings are back to the tiny screen settings which slows the game down to such a slow rate that that is unplayable.

Isn't there a code that I could obtain to set it back to a normal screen size?

Thank you.

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 232
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates - 7/12/2018 3:05:50 PM   
Gormadoc

Iam unsure i installed the scenario 1 update.

What are the easiest way to verify Install.
Date on scen 1 files in scen folder?

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 233
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates - 7/19/2018 5:09:01 PM   
Gormadoc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Official scenarios 1-25, database change for Allies.
Official scenarios 1 - 25???
My game only has scenarios from 1 - 14

Its fully upgraded to last official patch and latest beta aswell.

When i DL scenario 15 - 19 from this thread i get a message that file are unknow or damaged when trying to extract them with Winrar 64 bit

< Message edited by Gormadoc -- 7/19/2018 5:14:09 PM >

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 234
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates - 7/19/2018 10:10:51 PM   
Alfred

There aren't 25 published official scenarios.  The first 25 scenario slots are reserved for official scenarios only.  Player created scenarios are placed in slots 26 and above.

Read closely the start of this thread.  The uploaded scenarios have to be renamed from .zip to .exe before installing.

Alfred  

(in reply to Gormadoc)
Post #: 235
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates errors - 9/15/2018 8:32:12 PM   
Exinfernis

Running into a lil problem once I try to download the unofficial Scen 10 and inspite following the detailed guidelines by Don Quixote.

After "Save As" - All Files I rename to "New Scenario 10.exe". Upon trying to extract into the /SCEN folder I get

C:\Users\Xofternis\Desktop\New Scenario 10.exe.zip

The archive is either in unknown format or damaged.

Using Win 7 Ult and have to r-click to bring the "Save As" option up but I think this is hardly the cause of the problem.

Quite certain I am overlooking something realy simple but feel merciful please :)

In time, nothing matters

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 236
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates errors - 9/15/2018 8:40:23 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Exinfernis

Running into a lil problem once I try to download the unofficial Scen 10 and inspite following the detailed guidelines by Don Quixote.

After "Save As" - All Files I rename to "New Scenario 10.exe". Upon trying to extract into the /SCEN folder I get

C:\Users\Xofternis\Desktop\New Scenario 10.exe.zip

The archive is either in unknown format or damaged.

Using Win 7 Ult and have to r-click to bring the "Save As" option up but I think this is hardly the cause of the problem.

Quite certain I am overlooking something realy simple but feel merciful please :)

Sometimes compressed .zip files are created with a small unzip utility attached that lets anyone unzip them whether they have the full zip utility or not. These compressed files have a .exe ending. You still have to extract them by just running the file.
The other possibility is that the file is already just the raw .exe file and the ".zip" part of the file name was added to get around a block on downloading .exe files. Just delete the .zip portion of the file name and run the file.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Exinfernis)
Post #: 237
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates errors - 9/15/2018 8:47:01 PM   
btd64

What scenario slot did you use?....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 238
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates errors - 9/15/2018 9:14:48 PM   
Exinfernis

I seem to be unable to run the file as is. How do I delete the .zip ending? - excuse the ignorance.

@btd64

I intend to update Scen 10 - Ironman(stock) to firstly the latest unofficial version of Andy's, then overlay that with the Nasty variant (vs. Japan AI). I am up to scratch with the latest Beta.

< Message edited by Exinfernis -- 9/15/2018 11:26:43 PM >

In time, nothing matters

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 239
RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates - 10/21/2018 12:16:48 PM   
Enforcer

this update is for ironman?

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI