Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Weird problem!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Weird problem! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Weird problem! - 6/11/2001 5:36:00 AM   
Dedas

This problem hasnt occured until lately: The game just jumps back into windows after say 5 min play. (it sets the res back to 256 color 800x600) This happens everytime I play nowadays, what has happened!!! Im lost, all I can do is save and load my games, restarting every 5 min. This isnt funny anymore, please make it stop...someone??

Glory to the brave
Post #: 1
- 6/11/2001 5:41:00 AM   
Del

I don't know if this is related. While playing SPWaW it would spontaneously become minimized. Seems the problem has stopped all on it's own. I would guess it isn't a problem with the game, rather a problem with the machine or op system.

Yea though I walk through the Valley of Death I shall fear NO evil for Thou art with me.

(in reply to Dedas)
Post #: 2
- 6/11/2001 7:31:00 AM   
Figmo

One thing you can try is to delete the STEEL.PRF file. It's in the SAVE directory. You will need to set your preferences back to where you had them after that - it causes the game to go back to the defaults. Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to Dedas)
Post #: 3
- 6/12/2001 4:31:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

ITs most likely problems with your windows installation. If you have never (or for a long time) reinstalled windows (after backing up and reformatting your hard drive) it is a good idea every 4 or 6 months. Not the thing to do without the know how to do it, but if you are or know a "power user" type its amazing after a year or so how gunked up windows becomes.

(in reply to Dedas)
Post #: 4
- 6/12/2001 7:46:00 AM   
Cona

quote:

Originally posted by Dedas: [QB] restarting every 5 min. [QB]
Hi Dedas. I think you must hunt some program in the windows background. Look at the windows that appears when you hit CTRL+ALT+DEL or un your systray. Maybe it's just your screen saver. You may also try nistalling the lastest version of DirectX ... 8 i think. Saludos a todos, Cona.

"War is much too serious to be entrusted to the military." - Tallyrand

(in reply to Dedas)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Weird problem! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI