Weird problem! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Dedas -> Weird problem! (6/11/2001 5:36:00 AM)

This problem hasnt occured until lately: The game just jumps back into windows after say 5 min play. (it sets the res back to 256 color 800x600) This happens everytime I play nowadays, what has happened!!! Im lost, all I can do is save and load my games, restarting every 5 min. This isnt funny anymore, please make it stop...someone??

Del -> (6/11/2001 5:41:00 AM)

I don't know if this is related. While playing SPWaW it would spontaneously become minimized. Seems the problem has stopped all on it's own. I would guess it isn't a problem with the game, rather a problem with the machine or op system.

Figmo -> (6/11/2001 7:31:00 AM)

One thing you can try is to delete the STEEL.PRF file. It's in the SAVE directory. You will need to set your preferences back to where you had them after that - it causes the game to go back to the defaults. Figmo

Paul Vebber -> (6/12/2001 4:31:00 AM)

ITs most likely problems with your windows installation. If you have never (or for a long time) reinstalled windows (after backing up and reformatting your hard drive) it is a good idea every 4 or 6 months. Not the thing to do without the know how to do it, but if you are or know a "power user" type its amazing after a year or so how gunked up windows becomes.

Cona -> (6/12/2001 7:46:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Dedas: [QB] restarting every 5 min. [QB]
Hi Dedas. I think you must hunt some program in the windows background. Look at the windows that appears when you hit CTRL+ALT+DEL or un your systray. Maybe it's just your screen saver. You may also try nistalling the lastest version of DirectX ... 8 i think. Saludos a todos, Cona.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI