Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Recommendation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: DLCs >> Command: Shifting Sands >> Recommendation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Recommendation - 7/16/2018 11:01:06 PM   
Herman_Hum

The Israel wars are not my primary focus, did somebody play the campaign and can give some feedback? Did you guys enjoy it, was there authentic information, video footage, or story provided with it?
Post #: 1
RE: Recommendation - 7/17/2018 7:23:52 AM   
RedBunny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Herman_Hum

The Israel wars are not my primary focus, did somebody play the campaign and can give some feedback? Did you guys enjoy it, was there authentic information, video footage, or story provided with it?

I assume from your post history that you're familiar with CMANO. Shifting Sands isn't any different from the base game; the campaign isn't a set of linked scenarios where the results of an earlier scenario carries over to later scenarios. The scenarios are in chronological order and so - as the product page states - you get to see the changes in military hardware over the span of the 25 years covered by the scenarios. I'm finding that very interesting.

I've played through about half the scenarios and I'm enjoying it. The scenario information seems authentic to me with respect to OOB and scenario objectives. Like the base game there isn't really any video footage (that's what Google/YouTube is for!) or a common story across scenarios.

(in reply to Herman_Hum)
Post #: 2
RE: Recommendation - 7/17/2018 10:43:35 AM   
Herman_Hum

Thanks

Well I played Northern Inferno but was somewhat disappointed by its dry presentation and some bugs back then.

Well I´m still busy with Northern Fury, Chain Of War, and some of the officials but will keep an eye on this.

(in reply to RedBunny)
Post #: 3
RE: Recommendation - 7/17/2018 5:05:24 PM   
RedBunny

I don't have Northern Inferno but I can understand if it's just a set of scenarios with not much narrative linking them together that the overall presentation would be rather dry.

There's pretty much nothing in the Shifting Sands scenarios that link them together but that's not necessary because you can always pick up a history book to fill in the gaps and get background. SS is fitting in nicely with my own interest in the last couple years on Mid East events and history. And my usual pattern of my reading influencing my wargaming interests and my wargaming interests feeding into my reading is only reinforced by SS.

(in reply to Herman_Hum)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: DLCs >> Command: Shifting Sands >> Recommendation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI