Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

FITE2 - USSR Year 1

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> FITE2 - USSR Year 1 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
FITE2 - USSR Year 1 - 3/2/2018 1:51:11 PM   
Waltz

Hi All,

I am going to try and keep a wee video diary of my game of FITE2 from the Russian perspective.

First up we have turn one, I touch a bit on the logistics I am using to track WTF is going on but mostly it's lot's of running away.

Turn 1: Order from chaos
Turn 1.5: The best laid plans of mice and wargamers
Turn 2: What a lovely day for a picnic
Turn 4: Rise of the militia
Turn 6: Down and dirty (Text only)

< Message edited by Waltz -- 6/6/2018 2:06:01 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: FITE2 - USSR Year 1 - 3/3/2018 7:56:21 AM   
IainF

Digging this Waltz, will be following.

(in reply to Waltz)
Post #: 2
RE: FITE2 - USSR Year 1 - 3/7/2018 12:53:19 PM   
Waltz

Turn 1.5 update cause I am going to have to think for a while on next turn: https://youtu.be/GCwsArEQAZQ

(in reply to IainF)
Post #: 3
RE: FITE2 - USSR Year 1 - 3/11/2018 8:18:32 PM   
Waltz

Here we go with a beats of a turn, the playback is apparently 12,000 actions.

The soviet war machine has got organized and is deploying to been the invading fascists head on, they will pay in blood for every inch of the motherland they desecrate with their presence.

Well they will if the reinforcements rushing to the front line decide to stop picnicking (reorganizing) and pull the finger out.
Defensive lines have started forming, thin with holes but they are there, this turn the German spear head will be running into the first lot of organized resistance.

Turn 2:What a lovely day for a picnic

(in reply to Waltz)
Post #: 4
RE: FITE2 - USSR Year 1 - 5/17/2018 8:13:11 AM   
Waltz

After a long wait we are back rolling with this, here is turn 4 where the Russians start to draw up there first line of battle:

Turn 4:Rise of the militia

< Message edited by Waltz -- 6/6/2018 11:50:32 AM >

(in reply to Waltz)
Post #: 5
RE: FITE2 - USSR Year 1 - 6/6/2018 12:18:25 PM   
Waltz

Turn 6

Since turn 5 was the same as turn 4 I gave that a miss and I didn't have time to do a video for turn 6 so your just getting the good old screen shots with arrows :)

So here is the picture of the whole front.

In the north there is a forming breech just to the south of Riga.

Minsk is pretty much ready to fall and I am scrambling to fill in the line to the south to cover the gap.

The fighting around Gomel is fierce the Russians aren't giving an inch but the Germans have managed a small break through but it remains to be seen if they can capitalize on it.

In the south in front of Kiev the Germans have managed to make a major breech

there has been an attempt to cross in the south near Odessa but it's being swamped with with infantry and shelled with much vigiour.

(in reply to Waltz)
Post #: 6
RE: FITE2 - USSR Year 1 - 6/6/2018 12:23:47 PM   
Waltz

This is the breech south of Riga, the corps that was cut off managed to fight though the entrapment but are far from safe yet, the gap in the German encirclement is small and they didn't have the maneuver left to open it out properly.
I am aiming to keep the river crossings as crowded as possible to slow them down while the few reserves available maneuvers to intercept the spearhead.

(in reply to Waltz)
Post #: 7
RE: FITE2 - USSR Year 1 - 6/6/2018 12:25:48 PM   
Waltz

The defensive line in front of Minsk as collapsed the encircled units are trying to hold on as long as is possible one corps to the south managed to extricate it's self from the immediate danger hoping they can escape to help shore up the second line of defense.

(in reply to Waltz)
Post #: 8
RE: FITE2 - USSR Year 1 - 6/6/2018 12:31:19 PM   
Waltz

Here is the fiercest fighting so far. Unfortunately one whole corps decided to go into reorg losing my best chance to close down the German breech thankfully I have a bunch of reinforcements from the east that I had hoped to save while the resupplied but I don't have the time so the have gone to block the attempt to cut Gomel off as well as attack the flank of the break through.

More reserves from the south managed to catch a German breakthrough and surround it and take it out...it's a small measure of revenge but a good one

(in reply to Waltz)
Post #: 9
RE: FITE2 - USSR Year 1 - 6/6/2018 1:19:30 PM   
Waltz

Here is the major break through by the Germans to the west of Kiev. The encircled units are going down swinging and managed to take out a panzer regiment, currently driving the reserves up from the south to try and hit the break through in the flank, I wont be able to stop it but I want to slow them down as much as possible.

< Message edited by Waltz -- 6/6/2018 1:20:12 PM >

(in reply to Waltz)
Post #: 10
RE: FITE2 - USSR Year 1 - 6/6/2018 1:21:23 PM   
Waltz

In the south I have manage to bog down the German attempt at a break through for now but I am sure they will be along with more soon enough

(in reply to Waltz)
Post #: 11
RE: FITE2 - USSR Year 1 - 6/6/2018 1:43:14 PM   
Waltz

Up north I saw a bunch of finish units making a run for the railway line on the replay so have railed up one corps to try and slow them down

In the Karlin area I managed to extricate a couple of divisions from a dodgy position and now it's time to try and hold on

(in reply to Waltz)
Post #: 12
RE: FITE2 - USSR Year 1 - 6/6/2018 1:44:32 PM   
Waltz

Lastly up in the arctic I have managed to anchor a nice battle line in place with a reserve to back it up

(in reply to Waltz)
Post #: 13
RE: FITE2 - USSR Year 1 - 7/23/2018 8:24:32 AM   
Waltz

Ain't dead yet, a short video on the pre turn 7 situation: https://youtu.be/rTokEDHklkE

(in reply to Waltz)
Post #: 14
RE: FITE2 - USSR Year 1 - 7/27/2018 6:23:27 PM   
gliz2

What graphic mod are you using Waltz? You're map looks vwry readable.

(in reply to Waltz)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> FITE2 - USSR Year 1 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI