Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/22/2018 8:52:43 PM   
KorutZelva

I've kept my paratrooper busy sending the half-strength one right in the thick of combat two turns after capturing Amsterdam. They allowed me to isolate French troops east of Verdun and make an almost uncontested march to Paris. Given that I didn't buy extra troops for my France offence getting to Paris in June would be a very satisfactory result. I might lose one of the two paratroopers but it would still be worth it. While it looks dire for the little guy at str 2, he might still be saved as the French readiness tanked and they weren't able to dent it last turn.

(in reply to crispy131313)
Post #: 31
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/22/2018 9:09:41 PM   
crispy131313

Spoiler alert, the paratroopers are dead.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 32
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/22/2018 9:57:55 PM   
KorutZelva

France holds on for an extra turn, evacuating the government to Bordeaux.

Shux.

Post #: 33
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/23/2018 1:51:11 AM   
KorutZelva

Vichy France installed, with all colonies siding with the Maréchal over the Général. French planes or HQs were not encountered for the duration of the invasion so either they were sold off or were stashed somewhere for an offensive. Perhaps in Spain?

Diplohit with Sweden. Maybe in time they can be convinced to drive the perfidious albions out of Scandinavia and into the North sea.

Post #: 34
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/23/2018 2:17:57 AM   
crispy131313

July 1940

The UK does not recognize Vichy France and attacks the Vichy French Fleet in Algeria. The British have threatened to blockade Spain in an attempt to bring Franco back from the brink of madness, which has upset the Americans. Spain was at 78% and that should slightly reduce. The British continue to hold strategic bases in Norway, Portugal and Egypt and will surely meet the Germans on the battlefield again soon. France fought poorly I admit and the Axis happy time has begun.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 35
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/23/2018 2:35:32 AM   
KorutZelva

Sealow is a go, Dover is seized. OKW makes the gamble that with operations in Norway, Egypt and possibly Spain, the British will be overextended. Seizing London would be a diplomatic coup in continental Europe...

Post #: 36
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/23/2018 3:04:17 AM   
crispy131313

July 28, 1940

The B.E.F. make their presence known (we are home on the isle!) and quickly steam forward to meet the Germans head along the Southern gates of London. This will be a very bloody fight should KZ commit. All is quiet in North Africa as neither Italy or British soldiers march.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 37
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/23/2018 3:29:14 AM   
KorutZelva

Yeah I was caught by surprise the additional mobilisation events when Sealion happens (Canada, US). I hope you increased the reward to balance it out!

Post #: 38
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/23/2018 3:38:28 AM   
crispy131313

quote:

ORIGINAL: KorutZelva

Yeah I was caught by surprise the additional mobilisation events when Sealion happens (Canada, US). I hope you increased the reward to balance it out!

The only new script that triggered on sea lion so far is a some under strength conscripts at Birmingham, the other mobilizations scripts are from vanilla.

< Message edited by crispy131313 -- 7/23/2018 3:47:04 AM >

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 39
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/23/2018 4:00:46 AM   
crispy131313

August 11, 1940

Germany continues to press for London, while Italy advances on the British in North Africa. Germany thus far has not been raiding convoy's at sea in 1940.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by crispy131313 -- 7/23/2018 4:03:08 AM >

Post #: 40
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/23/2018 11:10:37 AM   
KorutZelva

quote:

ORIGINAL: crispy131313

quote:

ORIGINAL: KorutZelva

The only new script that triggered on sea lion so far is a some under strength conscripts at Birmingham, the other mobilizations scripts are from vanilla.

I've seen some talking about volunteers in US and Canada forming to protect the UK. I thought this was not in the standard game.

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 7/23/2018 11:48:05 AM >

Post #: 41
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/23/2018 12:35:03 PM   
Taxman66

It is in Vanilla.
A low strength (3 iirc) Fighter shows up in Canada.

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 42
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/23/2018 12:55:38 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

ORIGINAL: Taxman66

It is in Vanilla.
A low strength (3 iirc) Fighter shows up in Canada.

Neat! First time I attempt Sealion this early (prior to US joining) so I admit this is uncharted territory for me.

Rainfall saves London... my bridge head might collapse!

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 7/23/2018 12:56:16 PM >

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 43
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/23/2018 4:48:47 PM   
crispy131313

September 8, 1940

The British continue to hold firm near London, destroying an Infantry Army which was cut off from Axis supply. The 7th Armour remained in Britain and is now fighting on the front lines. New Anti-aircraft are set up along the rear outskirts of London in anticipation of another sweep of German bombers. There were no new amphibious landings the past turn, after a British carrier nearly sunk an Infantry Army in the English Channel on my last turn.

Italy has begun a full offensive into Egypt, the British for their part have managed to inflict a fair amount of damage on defense. Elsewhere Romania has joined the Axis. Spain 74% and Sweden 72% are still dangerously close to joining the conflict in Europe on the wrong side.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 44
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/23/2018 5:29:42 PM   
KorutZelva

German fighter conduct sweeps to distract the AA defenses while the bombers get to work. London falls. The treacherous previously Axis leaning Irish had secret deals with Churchill and join the allies. We would have been inclined to let them have Northern Ireland in our imminent peace settlement with the UK but no longer!

Germans reveal a tank corp unit has been deployed in NA. We get our first kill in this theater. Italian mountain division seize Siwa Oasis.

Graff Spree makes it back to continental europe. Hitler host celebrations for the courageous (and experienced (2-pip)) crew.

Post #: 45
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/24/2018 12:42:11 AM   
crispy131313

September 1940

The British do not attempt to re-capture London, as two elite German Panzer Corps hold the city and countryside, instead British Bombers begin bombing their former capital to disrupt Axis supply. Germany will have to fight for every inch of soil as the British refuse to retreat.

In Egypt it is a different story, as British forces retreat in the face of a legitimate Army Group (2 Tank Corps, 4 Infantry Army, at least 2 HQ). It is unclear if Germany will be prepared for war on the Eastern Front as they focus so much energy attacking the British across the English Channel and Mediterranean Sea.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 46
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/24/2018 12:47:35 AM   
KorutZelva

quote:

September 1940

The British do not attempt to re-capture London, as two elite German Panzer Corps hold the city and countryside, instead British Bombers begin bombing their former capital to disrupt Axis supply. Germany will have to fight for every inch of soil as the British refuse to retreat.

In Egypt it is a different story, as British forces retreat in the face of a legitimate Army Group (2 Tank Corps, 4 Infantry Army, at least 2 HQ). It is unclear if Germany will be prepared for war on the Eastern Front as they focus so much energy attacking the British across the English Channel and Mediterranean Sea.

Don't worry about it, the Molotov pact has set 'Peace for our time' in the east!

Post #: 47
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/24/2018 3:57:46 AM   
crispy131313

December 1940

German reinforcements have begun to arrive in greater numbers now via the London Port in an effort to overwhelm the British defenses. We find some reprieve with winter freeze settling in as we pass the turn. The heavy fighting in both Britain and North Africa is certainly straining. The Allies could really use another major ally right now! Spain is now 84% Axis leaning after news of German military equipment deliveries beginning to arrive in Franco's Spain. War with Spain is near imminent now.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 48
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/24/2018 12:19:41 PM   
KorutZelva

C'mon Franco join already, I have other allies to woo!!!

I hold London there's 10% chance of a Spain relation bump + I have more chits than the UK invested vs Spain either of them firing would make Spain jump into the fray.

Post #: 49
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/24/2018 12:59:47 PM   
crispy131313

January 1941

British troops are ordered to take stronger defensive positions as the countryside North and West of London is considered a killing ground. The Luftwaffe has also begun to station in the fields outside of the British capital, signalling a major push Northward is soon to come.

The DAK have arrived in North Africa, the Axis will now have 4 HQ and 3 Tanks Corps in total in this region; staggering odds. Naval skirmishes between Tobruk and Alexandria are becoming common occurrence, thus far the British have held the upper hand.

< Message edited by crispy131313 -- 7/24/2018 2:31:42 PM >

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 50
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/25/2018 1:44:13 AM   
KorutZelva

April 41

Impressed by German gains in the UK, after months and months of German cajoling and veiled threats, Franco finally mobilizes his troops. The timing of it feels authentic as the arrival of many UK troops on the island seems to point to a narrative where the UK recalled troops earmarked to topple Franco regime. With those gone from the Iberian peninsula, the wily fox at last makes his move.

Speaking of German gains, with the weather finally cleared my troops could get to work, destroying (IIRC) a tank corp, an army, a corp, a figther in the UK plus a recon and anti-tank in egypt.

Yugo signs the tripartite part, the UK with their hands full with the invasion of the island they couldn't organize a coup vs Prince Paul. All of the balkans short of Greece has mobilized in Germany's war.

Post #: 51
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/25/2018 11:12:30 AM   
KorutZelva

Axis move their diplo efforts towards Sweden and get two consecutive hits, Sweden now at 88%...

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 52
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/25/2018 12:51:23 PM   
KorutZelva

Third Swedish diplohit, either crispy man put his chits towards another country or the Axis is lucky. In any case, it makes sense given the situation on the ground... :P

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 53
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/25/2018 2:02:46 PM   
crispy131313

Everything seems to be unraveling very quickly for the Allies (We are on the crazy train now as Spain, Sweden, Yugoslavia, Portugal, Ireland, Norway have all entered the war unhistorically)

The British are being forced out of North Africa after deciding to focus their defensive efforts on their home isle. I think this is the right decision rather then half halfheartedly fighting on both fronts. Now with Gibraltar captured, the Allies are about to lose all their Mediterranean bases (very bleak indeed).

Spain, Yugoslavia and Sweden have joined the Axis (Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary as well). Despite max diplomatic investment (5 chits) into Sweden, seeing the Axis lean on Sweden 3 consecutive turns is very disheartening. The Allies that the British have found by bringing Portugal and Ireland into the war as well as occupying Norway have come back in a haunting way and with insufficient forces in comparison.

I am not broken though, this is not the vanilla game and the theme that USSR matters is prevalent. The USSR has a larger unit pool and controls oilfields that if the Germans do not prioritize will result in oil shortages and MPP losses for our enemy. Germany has fought an expensive war against the British and their manpower is boosted by many minor allies. The Axis happy time is far from over, but it may not last forever. The Bear in the East grows stronger.

< Message edited by crispy131313 -- 7/25/2018 2:03:26 PM >

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 54
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/25/2018 5:07:21 PM   
KorutZelva

I like to try different un-cookie cutter strategy to keep my interest in the game. I can't see myself polishing the same strat over and over. It's a real treat to play this mod with crispy because on top of the novelty from the extra decisions, he too likes to innovate. The game is most fun when you take it off the beaten path.

July 41

Germany income is 800mpp+. For FW II, this is a lot. I see Russian unit with inf tech 2. They caught a lucky breakthrough because Inf weapon was their 3rd R&D bought.

Unit count post-Spain & Sweden joining but before Barbarossa. UK egyptian units in transit wouldn't show up in this count however.

Post #: 55
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/25/2018 5:29:01 PM   
Taxman66

Actually they do.

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 56
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/25/2018 5:31:26 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

ORIGINAL: Taxman66

Actually they do.

Really?

I know units build but not placed don't so I figured the transit one wouldn't. Same was when they use the Gibraltar loop.

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 57
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/25/2018 5:35:31 PM   
crispy131313

USSR actually begins with a chit in infantry weapons in FWII so there was no need to purchase it early, this helps offset the slower research which can create a longer tech disadvantage on the Eastern Front. Yes I've thought of everything.

Tech II was a breakthrough though, the coin flips both ways (cough cough Sweden)

< Message edited by crispy131313 -- 7/25/2018 5:37:00 PM >

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 58
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/25/2018 7:24:10 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

USSR actually begins with a chit in infantry weapons in FWII so there was no need to purchase it early, this helps offset the slower research which can create a longer tech disadvantage on the Eastern Front. Yes I've thought of everything.

Tech II was a breakthrough though, the coin flips both ways (cough cough Sweden)

Ha! Good to know.

Have you considered instead of that inf tech chit in inf tech to just give a level of tank to the USSR? They didn't have as good doctrine as the germans but they had better design in '39 already. Since they don't have much tanks at Barbarossa opening it allows for a more squishy initial phase but help them be more sturdy once the tanks rolls off the production line in '42. Gives them a counter-attack power but of a more localised nature because the inf tech would still have to reach parity to be able to advance on a broad front.

Also gives an interesting choice for the USSR, do you prioritize tank to keep them as close as par to the germans or go with industrial tech (for sweet sweet mpp) or prioritize cutting at the tech inf gap?

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 7/26/2018 12:09:30 AM >

Post #: 59
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 7/26/2018 1:24:08 AM   
KorutZelva

Stalin starts to get antsy from all those German gains, with the UK on the brink of collapse he orders the mobilisation of the USSR army to start his advance while it can still be a two front war. Germany responds in kind... Who will start the hostility?

A large UK task force shells Bayonne to 0 supply to stop the flow of Spanish goods to Germany.

Fortunately Naval and air assets are in the area to punish this insolence. A carrier and a destroyer are destroyed...

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 7/26/2018 1:27:49 AM >

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI