Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help With Lua Mission Change

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Lua Legion >> Help With Lua Mission Change Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help With Lua Mission Change - 7/27/2018 10:16:06 PM   
hasler

I am really not sure what is going wrong. I am trying to get a group of computer controlled Transports to fly from the US to England. When they land I have a remain trigger set to change there mission to a support mission that will then trigger a Battalion size Para drop.

The Problem is I cannot get the transports to take off again by themselves. They switch to the new mission and Just stay at their allied airfield. If I manually force their launch they go on the mission just fine. If I start them at that Airfield with the mission they take off normally. Any help to figure what is going on would be appreciated. I have attached a sample test scenario.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Help With Lua Mission Change - 7/27/2018 11:07:41 PM   
Whicker

I just did this - are you sure they are ready? I am changing their mission once they land and then setting their loadout to ferry and then ready time = 0.

quote:

ScenEdit_SetLoadout({UnitName =UnitX().name, LoadoutID = 8378, TimeToReady_Minutes = 0})
ScenEdit_AssignUnitToMission(UnitX().name, "Ferry 11")

(in reply to hasler)
Post #: 2
RE: Help With Lua Mission Change - 7/27/2018 11:31:45 PM   
hasler

Nope Still cant them to take off again. I waited the full 3 days of game time and they stayed ready with the mission assigned and never left the parking area.

(in reply to Whicker)
Post #: 3
RE: Help With Lua Mission Change - 7/28/2018 12:04:14 AM   
Whicker

yep - i'm playing with it now, working to see if I can get it to work.

(in reply to hasler)
Post #: 4
RE: Help With Lua Mission Change - 7/28/2018 2:33:59 AM   
Whicker

So what I was doing was a little different, I was launching units from one base manually, waiting till they were in the air and then setting their new home base to the base where I wanted them to land, and then telling them to RTB - then when they landed the lua actions fires and they take off again. I can get that to work on yours, see attached.

Seems like a bug to me, I was also looking yesterday for a lua command to get them to take off but didn't find anything. I would think that the untits should take off on their own. I guess I got lucky that it worked the way I was doing it, your way seems more normal.

Now if I could just get your paratroopers event to work... not sure what is wrong with it, though on your save it looks like you cloned the first trigger - if you go look at each of them they are all the same (they are all set to the same unit) - I think this is another bug, if you clone a trigger sometimes it is really a clone as in it keeps mimicking the other one/stays in sync with it. So I deleted your triggers and started over and it still doesn't fire for some reason. The lua action works fine, just the trigger is not working.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Whicker)
Post #: 5
RE: Help With Lua Mission Change - 7/28/2018 3:43:40 AM   
Whicker

Kinds seems like the event trigger for unit enters area is a little buggy - I can't seem to get it to work if you drill down to select the exact unit, but attached is a modified event to drop the troops - though I have it set as just one trigger - any unit that enters that area will trigger all of the troops to spawn rather than each C5 dropping its own units.

So you first have to tell the planes (which are in the air near their destination already) to use the destination base as their new base, then tell them to RTB and the rest should happen automatically - though it takes the 3 hours still.

maybe that trigger was a left over cloned one and that is why it was having issues. Not sure. Might be any of the triggers that allow you to drill down to a unit, I seem to have various issues with them.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Whicker)
Post #: 6
RE: Help With Lua Mission Change - 7/28/2018 4:50:03 AM   
hasler

Weird I was not having issues with the Drop itself just getting the planes to leave the second base. I'll check these out tomorrow and see if I can get it running.

(in reply to Whicker)
Post #: 7
RE: Help With Lua Mission Change - 7/29/2018 3:35:59 AM   
hasler

I have figured it out. So there appears to be a bug if the mission is a one way ferry. The Mission change will not wake up. I reset my mission to be a cycle and the follow on worked. A thing of note though the Aircraft keeps its original base as the point of origin after it takes off again. I think this is a bug so I will do a quick write up in the tech forum.

(in reply to hasler)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Lua Legion >> Help With Lua Mission Change Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI