Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PBEM++ Crashes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> PBEM++ Crashes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PBEM++ Crashes - 8/15/2018 2:06:03 PM   
former sailor

While playing a DNO game using PBEM++, my opponent and I had to abandon the game at turn 5 due to repeated crashes. Specifically, I (German player) can't complete the first combat phase of turn 5 due to crashes. The message is always 'mixed group' followed by the normal line to send in the crash file. While reviewing the turn this morning, I noticed something I had not seen before. At map location (40,115) there is both a German unit (61 SR security unit) and a Soviet unit (ZF Remnants, 42 sd). It's hard to see on the attached jpg but they are both there. I can toggle them in the attack planning screen. I'm guessing this is what the 'mixed group' message means. Just wanted to provide all available data. Crash file attached. I'll attach the saved game and a screen shot to other posts.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: PBEM++ Crashes - 8/15/2018 2:06:50 PM   
former sailor

Screen shot referred to in first post

Attachment (1)

(in reply to former sailor)
Post #: 2
RE: PBEM++ Crashes - 8/15/2018 2:09:32 PM   
former sailor

I can't attach the saved game file to a forum post. If you want I'll send it by email. Some response from the Developer to this string would be appreciated. Thanks, Pat

Post #: 3
RE: PBEM++ Crashes - 8/15/2018 2:16:32 PM   
zakblood

all the information needed on how to etc is in the link provided

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4383522

send the save and he may ask for any other information needed, like a report etc, crash log are above etc

if he can replicate it from your save, he can fix it, but if he can't, then that's another matter, good luck

quote:

How to get a DirectX Diagnostic file:

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

once the report has been made, just attach it to your post with first adding the file to a zip, which is then permitted to attach to the forum

Post #: 4
RE: PBEM++ Crashes - 8/16/2018 1:29:08 PM   
former sailor

Thanks. Zip of save file attached.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 5
RE: PBEM++ Crashes - 8/16/2018 8:45:28 PM   
ralphtricky

quote:

ORIGINAL: former sailor

While playing a DNO game using PBEM++, my opponent and I had to abandon the game at turn 5 due to repeated crashes. Specifically, I (German player) can't complete the first combat phase of turn 5 due to crashes. The message is always 'mixed group' followed by the normal line to send in the crash file. While reviewing the turn this morning, I noticed something I had not seen before. At map location (40,115) there is both a German unit (61 SR security unit) and a Soviet unit (ZF Remnants, 42 sd). It's hard to see on the attached jpg but they are both there. I can toggle them in the attack planning screen. I'm guessing this is what the 'mixed group' message means. Just wanted to provide all available data. Crash file attached. I'll attach the saved game and a screen shot to other posts.

You're right about the cause, it's complaining about there being two different until owners in the stack.

Any idea at all how it may have happened? Retreat? Air? Anything? If you've got any ideas, I'll research the code some more to see what could be causing it.

I wonder if I should add code to leave the warning but remove the crash. I'll have to think about whether that might leave any exploits.

Thanks,
Ralph

Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.

Post #: 6
RE: PBEM++ Crashes - 8/17/2018 12:56:37 PM   
former sailor

Sorry, I'm not sure how it happened. Didn't notice it until after movement. My guess is retreat of the Soviet unit into the hex but that's just a guess. Pat

(in reply to ralphtricky)
Post #: 7
RE: PBEM++ Crashes - 8/17/2018 6:30:24 PM   
ralphtricky

quote:

ORIGINAL: former sailor

Sorry, I'm not sure how it happened. Didn't notice it until after movement. My guess is retreat of the Soviet unit into the hex but that's just a guess. Pat

Thanks. I'll recheck that code.

Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.

Post #: 8
RE: PBEM++ Crashes - 8/17/2018 6:52:45 PM   
former sailor

If deleting (disbanding) the German unit in that hex is a solution, I'm ok with that. Doesn't fix the problem of how the situation came about but at least might unfreeze the game. Pat

(in reply to ralphtricky)
Post #: 9
RE: PBEM++ Crashes - 8/17/2018 7:04:13 PM   
larryfulkerson

Hey Ralph, et. al. I'm in favor of leaving the warning but skipping the crash...I think we'd all like to keep going with the game.

If we're all created in the image of god then why aren't we all invisible?

Post #: 10
RE: PBEM++ Crashes - 9/6/2018 12:07:06 AM   
former sailor

Larry was able to fix this issue. The game is back on track. Thanks

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 11
RE: PBEM++ Crashes - 9/7/2018 1:30:26 PM   
former sailor

Sorry, meant to say Ralph was able to fix the issue. Thanks Ralph!

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> PBEM++ Crashes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI