Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Just what version to install from base to player to expansion

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Tech Support >> Just what version to install from base to player to expansion Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Just what version to install from base to player to exp... - 8/14/2018 4:44:24 AM   
reject007

I bought Flashpoint Red Storm before it became a Players Edition. I think the upgrade I was allowed to the Players Edition didn't cost anything.

I try to keep up on all patches, but have fallen behind (like I missed the 2.0.13 patch which sounds like it cause major headaches).

Since I had issues with the upgrade to 2.0.14 I decided to start fresh. As the game has been patched through all the different versions up until well current. So I did retail installer - patch 2.0.81 to Players Edition - patch to 2.0.14

Here is my issue.
I have the retail installer for FPRS (before Players Edition)
I have the patch that allows my FPRS (pre PE) to be upgraded to Players Edition
The patch is 2.0.81
I have the FPRS Germany Reforged dlc/add on/mission pack whatever it seems to be called installed.
The current patch is 2.0.14. When I install this version it warns me that I have the most current version with the 2.0.81 patch. Of course that patch was some time ago so it really isn't a more current version.

So if I install the 2.0.14 over the 2.0.81 Players Edition Upgrade, is it now up to date or has the 2.0.14 possibly overwritten files that are needed from the 2.0.81 PE Upgrade. I have launched the game and everything seems to work but ran out time to actually play through a longer and more units scenario/missions.
Post #: 1
RE: Just what version to install from base to player to... - 8/14/2018 9:18:58 AM   
VPaulus

Install in the following order:

1. Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Player's Edition PC Installer (FlashpointRedStorm-Setup-206)
2. Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Player's Edition PC Update v2.0.14 (FlashpointRedstorm-UpdateComp-v2.0.14)
3. Germany Reforged DLC

(in reply to reject007)
Post #: 2
RE: Just what version to install from base to player to... - 8/14/2018 12:02:05 PM   
CapnDarwin

The files noted above should all be available in your members area for Red Storm and Germany Reforged respectively.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 3
RE: Just what version to install from base to player to... - 9/12/2018 5:44:52 PM   
Tbilisi

I just installed those files in the order listed in the post, but during the installation of Reforged I briefly saw a message that V2.0.10 was being installed. I let the installation proceed and when I started the game and checked the version it was indeed V2.0.10, down from V2.0.14. I reinstalled V2.0.14, reran the game and it was back up to the latest version. I have not yet started a scenario but everything appears to be in order.

Any idea what may have happened here?

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 4
RE: Just what version to install from base to player to... - 9/12/2018 7:16:48 PM   
CapnDarwin

That's a weird one. I will see if I can check out why GR would have installed an updated exe to start with and then why is over wrote the newer 14 build. My guess is is a glitch in the installer program, but I will ask around.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to Tbilisi)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Tech Support >> Just what version to install from base to player to expansion Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI