Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to stop suicidal french fleet

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> How to stop suicidal french fleet Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to stop suicidal french fleet - 9/24/2018 7:24:59 PM   
Schokolokos

How to stop a suicidal french fleet in Italy with only few casualties? just sitting in ports? how many Battleship are needed to destroy another one inside a port?

another question for supply in cities. when I conquer a PL city, sometime the recourse from the city is down to 1, sometimes 6 and so on. Is this completely random or does it matter how hard the fight for the city was?

thx
Post #: 1
RE: How to stop suicidal french fleet - 12/11/2018 12:16:20 PM   
OxfordGuy3

See: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4320651

(in reply to Schokolokos)
Post #: 2
RE: How to stop suicidal french fleet - 12/11/2018 2:21:52 PM   
Markiss

By the time the Italians join, the French are usually only around for a turn or 2 at best. Keep them guessing as to where exactly you are. As the linked thread states, your best chance is in port. However, you don't get entrenchment in ports, so you only need to arrive there the turn before you join. Until then, scatter and drive around, it will drive your opponent crazy trying to keep track of where you are, and his navy will become scattered as well while he searches.
Once the French put their underwear on a stick, the Royal Navy is wise to keep its distance, as the Luftwaffe usually arrives en mass to flatten Malta, and is more than happy to take a turn or 2 to send them to the bottom.
You don't really need to accomplish anything with the Italian Navy, it merely needs to exist to hamper Royal Navy operations in the Med. If it gets sunk early, you opponent is free to conduct amphibious invasions willy-nilly all over, and will. If the Italians are still afloat, he at least has to be careful...

Lock up your wife and children now,
It's time to wield the blade..

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> How to stop suicidal french fleet Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI