Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/12/2018 11:27:04 PM   
dox44

good news!

Thanks

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 751
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/13/2018 4:06:10 AM   
Jason Petho

You're most welcome!

(in reply to dox44)
Post #: 752
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/13/2018 4:30:17 AM   
Rosseau

Thanks for your continued commitment to CSME. Most devs would have blown it off and moved right on the their next project. CSME is one of the few games I am saving for a "rainy day." But need to be careful, as there's no guarantee I'll get up tomorrow morning. Anyway, I will probably wait for the big patch and then start playing it relentlessly. Thanks.

Post #: 753
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/13/2018 5:05:45 AM   
Jason Petho

You're most welcome, Rosseau!

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 754
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/14/2018 7:15:19 AM   
Andrea G

Great News!!!!

Post #: 755
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/15/2018 10:01:44 AM   
Crossroads

Preparing a new CS Vietnam BETA build today from the components everyone's been putting together. What's new, among other things, is a completely revamped ARVN (South Vietnam), with lots of added detail. One of the things we're doing is providing more visual hints as who's what.

See the new ARVN units in their new unit bases (thanks Gary!) here for instance. There's the ARVN regulars as well as the Special Forces there. Also, US Special Forces as well as US regulars. Spot the Aussie advisor in the other hex, too?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Andrea G)
Post #: 756
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/15/2018 4:22:26 PM   
Crossroads

And while at it, Mike's just added his 500th (!!!) NATO symbol to the game. Go Mike!

< Message edited by Crossroads -- 9/17/2018 4:16:03 PM >

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 757
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/15/2018 4:24:27 PM   
Crossroads

^^ Very handy in a Platoon scale game! Is that BMP-1 equipped with ATGMs, or not? Check its unit counter? #471 it is (and stay back!), #472 it isn't (go for the kill!)

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 758
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/15/2018 4:53:57 PM   
Veloz

just one question; if permitted is the AI strong; have levels.

sicnt est pecunia Provis num; zeke

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 759
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/15/2018 4:54:23 PM   
Big Ivan

Warhorse and Crossroads, you guys are just finely tuned machines!!

Looking good!!!

May the force be with you!

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 760
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/15/2018 5:25:42 PM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: Veloz

just one question; if permitted is the AI strong; have levels.

One of the major new additions to Campaign Series game engine is the addition for being able to script AI player with CS Event Engine scripts. For the first time, AI can be given orders to have some units attack a certain location, while other units stay put holding a vital area, for instance. While these scripts are being added, we have a new team member adding these retrospectively to Middle East scenarios as well, to be made available in a future (free) UPDATE.

Meanwhile, what the game already has are these settings for AI:

• Generic stance Audacious / Cautious / Shifting (between the two)
  • Aggressiveness setting (slider)
  • Advantage setting (slider), also available in H2H play between sides IIRC.

Exciting times for wargaming vs AI

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Veloz)
  • Post #: 761
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/18/2018 3:49:29 AM   
    Jason Petho

Campaign Series Vietnam: I was expanding the My Tho master map to the west to encompass Thanh Phu Island for a scenario that depicts an actions that happened in January 1964 and was pleasantly surprised to find the expansion also covers this well known site.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Crossroads)
    Post #: 762
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/18/2018 10:36:11 AM   
    Crossroads

Boy oh boy OH BOY

Also known as my first attempt at scripting AI for my first Winter War scenario. This is what the Vietnam scenario guys have been doing now, and boy is this a game changer (all the puns intended!!!)

Attachment (1)

Post #: 763
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/18/2018 10:39:14 AM   
    Crossroads

Scripted AI is aware which - or even both - sides are under AI, and it kicks on accordingly. So say I want to play the Soviets on this scenario vs AI? The bugger has a specific battle plan!

(in reply to Crossroads)
    Post #: 764
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/18/2018 1:03:01 PM   
    Crossroads

And here we are, at turn 4: The Finnish 3rd Coy had secured the flank, while 1st Coy had taken the main objective - and using their initiative, the smaller objective next to it as well - while the 2nd Coy had stopped at their northern most objective.

At this stage, I'd give the next orders. Upon capturing the bridge, the 3rd Coy would Halt() and Digin(), as would 3rd Coy, while 2nd Coy would Halt() just one of their platoon at the objective, while the rest of them would attack the remaining objective next to the lake, and (if) upon capturing it, would also Halt() and Digin(). That would then give the Soviet player quite a tough nut to crack for the remaining turns.

Note that in this AI-vs-AI test run, all Soviets were given an order to Hold(), so they would only sit and Op fire, so that I could observe how the optimal Finnish attack would go on. I also made a fix that the initial Finnish order would be Halt(), not Hold(), as former will allow for active firing and fire missions for Indirect units, while latter will strict to Op Fire only.

Then, once the Finns have a cunning plan (Blackadder, anyone?), I'd then move to have Soviets with a proper plan, mainly moving their reinforcements in to are where objectives have been lost.

Cool!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Crossroads)
    Post #: 765
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/18/2018 3:21:07 PM   
    Crossroads

Another AI-vs-AI test battle, now with Soviet battle plan in place as well:

• Release the units west of Naykkijarvi to test out the Finnish flank
  • Order all the tanks to Honkaniemi from word go
  • Not yet really visible here, but unleash the units at rear guard forward come turn 6 to make it a proper counter attack

With these orders for both sides having played out, it looks like a proper Tank Battle at Honkaniemi now, doesn't it

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Crossroads)
  • Post #: 766
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/19/2018 8:50:47 PM   
    Warhorse

And if you look at the different ARVN infantry, they do indeed have different camo uniforms!! Hard to teel very much in game, but the devil is in the details!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Crossroads)
    Post #: 767
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/21/2018 8:36:09 PM   
    Jason Petho

Campaign Series Vietnam: ALPHA graphics. Here is the extent of the My Tho map expansion. Those who want to play the riverine operations will love this map! For a master map, it is "small" at 160 x 240 hexes.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to dox44)
    Post #: 768
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/21/2018 10:19:37 PM   
    Blond_Knight

I was watching the Battlefield Vietnam episode including Ap Bac today. That went sideways fast.

Post #: 769
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/21/2018 10:38:59 PM   
    dox44

"A Bright Shining Lie" has a nice account too...

(in reply to Blond_Knight)
    Post #: 770
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/25/2018 3:15:39 PM   
    Jason Petho

Current progress on the My Tho expansion for Campaign Series Vietnam.

Ample waterways for riverine battles!

Jason Petho

Attachment (1)

(in reply to dox44)
    Post #: 771
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/25/2018 3:30:53 PM   
    zakblood

looking really good, thanks for the share

Post #: 772
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/25/2018 3:37:49 PM   
    Jason Petho

Thank you, zak!

There is progress everyday!

(in reply to zakblood)
    Post #: 773
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/25/2018 11:27:51 PM   
    bootlegger267

This is looking really nice Jason.....

Post #: 774
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/26/2018 4:56:54 PM   
    berto

Another recent (private) Dev Team Forum post:

quote:

ORIGINAL: berto

quote:

quote:

In connection with the above new Scripted AI actions, I am implementing a bunch of new map awareness capabilities. More to follow.

quote:

Such as: has_bunker(hexcoor), has_minefield(hexcoor), has_light_bridge(hexcoor, DOWNRIGHTDIR), has_damage(hexcoor, DOWNDIR), etc.

I am in the process of implementing -- would you believe? -- over 90 new map info functions.

All told, and at latest count, the CSEE will have over 340 functions!

In future, with more still to follow.

The latest init.lua file is

rober@Rob10rto /cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/rober/My Documents/Games/Matrix Games/CS/devel/work
    $ wc -l "$ME"/init.lua
    4146 /cygdrive/c/Games/Matrix Games/Middle East/middle_east/init.lua

4146 lines long.

With all of this capability and flexibility and extensibility, is there any doubt that a scripted event engine is the way to go?

If I am taking my own good time with this, it is because -- with all of this complexity, thereby with the ever increasing possibility of bugs -- we need the most robust, automated QA checking capabilities possible. That would include the CSlint utility cseechk.

The latest cseechk:

For now, this is for my development use only. I am undecided if I will include this in the standard, public Tools/CSlint package. (If I do, I will be sure to revise the Cygwin parts and adapt this to WSL.)

With all of these new CSEE functions, I need to incorporate them into the cseechk system. Also add many dozens of other functions I had neglected to incorporate earlier. Let's not forget either that I need to document all of this new stuff in the LUA_FUNCTIONS_REFERENCE.txt. It all takes time and . Lots of it. Patience.

Say, with Microsoft now packaging the WSL capability in standard Windows 10, have we mentioned that in CSVN and all future games, we will be packaging CSlint

quote:

CSlint

What is CSlint? Akin to the well-known C programming language utility lint. ("Lint: A Unix C language processor which carries out more thorough checks on the code than is usual with C compilers. Lint is named after the bits of fluff it supposedly picks from programs." See here.) Similarly, CSlint is a toolkit of programs designed to discover and report bugs, problems, glitches, anomalies in the Campaign Series game data files.

If anybody thinks that CSlint is poppycock, that I'm just making this up, please read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Static_code_analysis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automated_code_review

Proactive, pre-execution debugging (CSlint) vs. reactive, post-execution debugging (the traditional way).

Static analysis (CSlint) vs. dynamic analysis (playtest the game, inspect the log files).

Each approach has its strengths and weaknesses, but together they've got the bugs surrounded -- no escape!

in the standard install, thereby making it fully open and available to the playing public? Lots of modder goodies in CSlint beyond just the QA checking capabilities.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
    Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
    Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to bootlegger267)
    Post #: 775
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/26/2018 5:39:12 PM   
    berto

A follow-up to the previous post:

quote:

Basically, this is what cseechk does: It auto runs a series of specially crafted game scenarios. Every run yields a lua.log file, which is stripped of its date/time and other special particulars, and captured in a test-specific .out (output) file. The .out files are diff'ed vs. some known-good .ref (reference output) files in the cslint directory. If there are any diff's, this indicates issues -- maybe real issues, i.e., bugs, else inconsequential testing artifacts.

Here is a small portion of the LuaFunctionsTest2.lua file:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

function on_startup () -- DO NOT REMOVE

log (LUALOG, LOG_DEBUG, "startup")

end

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

function on_resume () -- DO NOT REMOVE

end

function on_shutdown () -- DO NOT REMOVE

log (LUALOG, LOG_DEBUG, "shutdown")

end

function on_next_turn (turn) -- DO NOT REMOVE

if turn == 1 then

countersa = counters_all("a")
    countersb = counters_all("b")
    hold(countersa)
    hold(countersb)

log (LUALOG, LOG_DEBUG, "----")

log (LUALOG, LOG_DEBUG, (is_clear_hex ("49,56") and 1 or 0) .. " is_clear_hex ()")
    log (LUALOG, LOG_DEBUG, (is_clear_hex ("60,57") and 1 or 0) .. " is_clear_hex ()")

log (LUALOG, LOG_DEBUG, (is_water_hex ("82,28") and 1 or 0) .. " is_water_hex ()")
    log (LUALOG, LOG_DEBUG, (is_water_hex ("82,29") and 1 or 0) .. " is_water_hex ()")

log (LUALOG, LOG_DEBUG, (is_forest_hex ("0,0") and 1 or 0) .. " is_forest_hex ()")
    log (LUALOG, LOG_DEBUG, (is_forest_hex ("0,0") and 1 or 0) .. " is_forest_hex ()")

log (LUALOG, LOG_DEBUG, (is_marsh_hex ("36,230") and 1 or 0) .. " is_marsh_hex ()")
    log (LUALOG, LOG_DEBUG, (is_marsh_hex ("36,229") and 1 or 0) .. " is_marsh_hex ()")

log (LUALOG, LOG_DEBUG, (is_building_hex ("43,60") and 1 or 0) .. " is_building_hex ()")
    log (LUALOG, LOG_DEBUG, (is_building_hex ("41,56") and 1 or 0) .. " is_building_hex ()")

log (LUALOG, LOG_DEBUG, (is_village_hex ("52,53") and 1 or 0) .. " is_village_hex ()")
    log (LUALOG, LOG_DEBUG, (is_village_hex ("49,51") and 1 or 0) .. " is_village_hex ()")

log (LUALOG, LOG_DEBUG, (is_unpaved_side ("45,182", UPLEFTDIR) and 1 or 0) .. " is_unpaved_side ()")
    log (LUALOG, LOG_DEBUG, (is_unpaved_side ("45,182", UPRIGHTDIR) and 1 or 0) .. " is_unpaved_side ()")

log (LUALOG, LOG_DEBUG, (has_minefield ("47,53") and 1 or 0) .. " has_minefield ()")
    log (LUALOG, LOG_DEBUG, (has_minefield ("47,52") and 1 or 0) .. " has_minefield ()")

end

log (LUALOG, LOG_DEBUG, "----")

end

The point being to log (to lua.log) output for every CSEE function, to monitor its effects (also to syntax check and otherwise QA check the whole shebang).

Here is a recent cseechk test run, just the Cygwin terminal session (with the game screens etc. omitted):

rober@Rob10rto ~/cslint
    $ ./cseechk -R

LuaFunctionsTest1

289,290c289,290
    < [DEBUG ID 10] (lua.cpp, l_log()) 59 strength ()
    < [DEBUG ID 10] (lua.cpp, l_log()) 59 total_strength ()
    ---
    > [DEBUG ID 10] (lua.cpp, l_log()) 65 strength ()
    > [DEBUG ID 10] (lua.cpp, l_log()) 65 total_strength ()

LuaFunctionsTest2

0a1,92
    > [DEBUG ID 10] (lua.cpp, l_log()) startup
    > [DEBUG ID 10] (lua.cpp, l_log()) ----
    > [DEBUG ID 10] (lua.cpp, l_log()) 1 is_clear_hex ()
    > [DEBUG ID 10] (lua.cpp, l_log()) 0 is_clear_hex ()
    > [DEBUG ID 10] (lua.cpp, l_log()) 1 is_water_hex ()
    > [DEBUG ID 10] (lua.cpp, l_log()) 0 is_water_hex ()
    > [DEBUG ID 10] (lua.cpp, l_log()) 0 is_forest_hex ()
    > [DEBUG ID 10] (lua.cpp, l_log()) 0 is_forest_hex ()
    > [DEBUG ID 10] (lua.cpp, l_log()) 1 is_marsh_hex ()
    > [DEBUG ID 10] (lua.cpp, l_log()) 0 is_marsh_hex ()
    > [DEBUG ID 10] (lua.cpp, l_log()) 1 is_building_hex ()
    > [DEBUG ID 10] (lua.cpp, l_log()) 0 is_building_hex ()
    > [DEBUG ID 10] (lua.cpp, l_log()) 1 is_village_hex ()
    > [DEBUG ID 10] (lua.cpp, l_log()) 0 is_village_hex ()
    > [DEBUG ID 10] (lua.cpp, l_log()) 1 is_unpaved_side ()
    > [DEBUG ID 10] (lua.cpp, l_log()) 0 is_unpaved_side ()
    > [DEBUG ID 10] (lua.cpp, l_log()) 1 has_minefield ()
    > [DEBUG ID 10] (lua.cpp, l_log()) 0 has_minefield ()
    > [DEBUG ID 10] (lua.cpp, l_log()) ----
    > [DEBUG ID 10] (lua.cpp, l_log()) shutdown

ScriptedAITest1
    [nil]

In the first test, for LuaFunctionsTest1, that output is inconsequential, is just a testing artifact (I still need to debug that in the cseechk setup and processing).

In the second test, for LuaFunctionsTest2, that is stripped lua.log output, diffed against the ~/cslint/LuaFunctionsTest2.ref. When I have implemented the new stuff for this LuaFunctionsTest2, and verified that all looks good, I will copy this .out over to the cslint directory as the known-good .ref file for this test.

In the third test, for ScriptedAITest1, there being no output (the "[nil]"), I infer from that there are no issues with that test -- i.e., the Scripted AI component of the CSEE is functioning well and is bug-free (AFAIK!).

Like so many other things I do on a routine basis -- run crash/freeze/error scenario AI vs. AI auto-tests just about daily; using CSlint, QA check the CS game data files every week or so -- I am in the habit of running cseechk quite often. Especially as the CSEE is so very much still an ongoing work-in-progress. Especially as the CSEE grows in complexity and the risk of bugs increases. Must do the regression tests religiously. Must. Stay. On. Top. Of. Things. Must keep those bugs in check!

Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
    Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to berto)
    Post #: 776
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/28/2018 3:54:37 PM   
    Jason Petho

Campaign Series Vietnam: ALPHA graphics. While doing some reading on the riverine fighting, it was determined that the My Tho master map needed to be expanded 10 kilometres to the west to encompass the "Snoopy's Nose" Area. The Cam Son Base area.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to berto)
    Post #: 777
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/28/2018 5:03:39 PM   
    Jason Petho

Noting the Song Nam Thon river channel in the above screenshot...

This area was the site of the "Halloween Massacre" on October 31, 1966 where a couple of PBR's (PBR 105 and PBR 107) under the command of James Williams spent the day sinking junks and sampans while being engaged from the riverbanks from machine gun fire. Seawolves and additional PBR's came to assist. Intelligence reports suggest the actual prevented a battalion sized river crossing, killed ~50 troops and sank/destroyed 28 sampans and 6 junks, damaging another 25.

This sounds like an interesting action to portray in a scenario, I'm just not sure how well it would work with the map scale.

Post #: 778
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/29/2018 2:26:38 PM   
    berto

In the CSEE (Campaign Series Event Engine), the latest Lua functions, nearly 350 of them, with more still to come:

TRIGGERS

on_air_attack (x, y, pid, name, side, nation, points, strength)
    on_hex_attack (x, y, side, nation)
    on_ied_attack (x, y, trackid, pid, name, side, nation, oid, orgname, points, strength, HQ, Leader)
    on_mine_attack (x, y, trackid, pid, name, side, nation, oid, orgname, points, strength, HQ, Leader)
    on_next_phase (turn, side)
    on_next_turn (turn)
    on_objective_capture (x, y, values, side)
    on_resume ()
    on_shutdown ()
    on_startup ()
    on_unit_attack (x, y, trackid, pid, name, side, nation, oid, orgname, points, strength, HQ, Leader)
    on_unit_kill (x, y, trackid, pid, name, side, nation, oid, orgname, points, strength, HQ, Leader)
    on_unit_reduce (x, y, trackid, pid, name, side, nation, oid, orgname, points, strength, HQ, Leader, loss)
    on_unit_reinforce (x, y, trackid, pid, name, side, nation, oid, orgname, points, strength, HQ, Leader)
    on_unit_release (trackid, pid, name, side, nation, oid, orgname, points, strength, HQ, Leader)
    on_unit_remove (x, y, trackid, pid, name, side, nation, oid, orgname, points, strength, HQ, Leader)

AI

ai (side)
    ai_index (parm)
    ai_parameter (index)
    adaptive_ai (side, nation, index)
    inc_adaptive_ai (side, nation, index, increment)
    is_ai (side)
    max_ai_index ()
    set_adaptive_ai (side, nation, index, value)

COUNTERS

counter_airlevel (trackid)
    counter_assault (trackid)
    counter_ctrackid (trackid)
    counter_defend (trackid)
    counter_exists (trackid)
    counter_flags (trackid)
    counter_hex (trackid)
    counter_hq (trackid)
    counter_is_airborne (trackid)
    counter_is_hq (trackid)
    counter_is_leader (trackid)
    counter_leader (trackid)
    counter_morale (trackid)
    counter_more_flags (trackid)
    counter_name (trackid)
    counter_nation (trackid)
    counter_oid (trackid)
    counter_orgname (trackid)
    counter_pid (trackid)
    counter_points (trackid)
    counter_side (trackid)
    counter_strackid (trackid)
    counter_strength (trackid)
    counter_turns_to_outoffuel (trackid)
    counter_type (trackid)
    counter_x (trackid)
    counter_y (trackid)

is_disrupted (trackids)
    is_carried (trackids)
    is_unloaded (trackids)
    is_loaded (trackids)
    is_concealed (trackids)
    is_outofammo (trackids)
    is_diggingin (trackids)
    is_fatigued (trackids)
    is_fixed (trackids)
    is_lowonammo (trackids)
    is_isolated (trackids)
    is_reduced (trackids)
    is_lowonfuel (trackids)
    is_outoffuel (trackids)

counters_all (side)
    counters_aorg (trackids)
    counters_sorg (strackids)

map_trackid (hexcoor, number)
    map_trackid_count (hexcoor)
    map_trackids (hexcoor)
    max_counters ()

GENERAL

first_side ()
    current_side ()
    other_side (side)

current_turn ()
    next_turn ()
    previous_turn ()
    final_turn ()

current_visibility ()

night (turn)
    fow (side)
    is_fow (side)
    is_night ()

HEXES

has_big_wrecks (hexcoor)
    has_block (hexcoor)
    has_bunker (hexcoor)
    has_cave (hexcoor)
    has_damage (hexcoor, dir)
    has_ied (hexcoor)
    has_ied1 (hexcoor)
    has_ied2 (hexcoor)
    has_ied3 (hexcoor)
    has_improved_position (hexcoor)
    has_landing_zone (hexcoor)
    has_light_bridge (hexcoor)
    has_minefield (hexcoor)
    has_minefield1 (hexcoor)
    has_minefield2 (hexcoor)
    has_minefield3 (hexcoor)
    has_obstacle (hexcoor)
    has_pillbox (hexcoor)
    has_pontoon_bridge (hexcoor)
    has_rubble (hexcoor)
    has_smoke (hexcoor)
    has_trench (hexcoor)
    has_tunnel (hexcoor)
    has_vehicle_bridge (hexcoor)
    has_wrecks (hexcoor)

is_sidea_aware (hexcoor)
    is_sidea_exclude (hexcoor)
    is_sideb_aware (hexcoor)
    is_sideb_exclude (hexcoor)

is_airfield_hex (hexcoor)
    is_beach_hex (hexcoor)
    is_building_hex (hexcoor)
    is_cactus_hex (hexcoor)
    is_canal_hex (hexcoor)
    is_canal_shallow_hex (hexcoor)
    is_city_hex (hexcoor)
    is_clear_hex (hexcoor)
    is_colored_dirt_hex (hexcoor)
    is_dense_jungle_hex (hexcoor)
    is_dry_paddy_hex (hexcoor)
    is_forest_hex (hexcoor)
    is_grain_field_hex (hexcoor)
    is_hammada_hex (hexcoor)
    is_impass_hex (hexcoor)
    is_industrial_hex (hexcoor)
    is_installation_hex (hexcoor)
    is_light_jungle_hex (hexcoor)
    is_major_canal_hex (hexcoor)
    is_major_canal_shallow_hex (hexcoor)
    is_major_river_hex (hexcoor)
    is_major_river_shallow_hex (hexcoor)
    is_marsh_hex (hexcoor)
    is_meadow_hex (hexcoor)
    is_orchard_hex (hexcoor)
    is_palm_tree_hex (hexcoor)
    is_produce_field_hex (hexcoor)
    is_river_hex (hexcoor)
    is_river_shallow_hex (hexcoor)
    is_rough_hex (hexcoor)
    is_scrub_hex (hexcoor)
    is_shallow_hex (hexcoor)
    is_soft_sand_hex (hexcoor)
    is_suburb_hex (hexcoor)
    is_swamp_hex (hexcoor)
    is_tall_grass_hex (hexcoor)
    is_thicket_hex (hexcoor)
    is_village_hex (hexcoor)
    is_vineyard_hex (hexcoor)
    is_wadi_hex (hexcoor)
    is_water_hex (hexcoor)
    is_wet_paddy_hex (hexcoor)

LUAVs

luav (index)
    inc_luav (index, increment)
    max_luav_index ()
    set_luav (index, value)

MAP

on_map (hexcoor)

map_center (x, y)
    map_height ()
    map_slice (x, y)
    map_up ()
    map_width ()

map_up_half (x, y)
    map_low_half (x, y)
    map_left_half (x, y)
    map_right_half (x, y)
    map_up_left_quadrant (x, y)
    map_up_right_quadrant (x, y)
    map_low_right_quadrant (x, y)
    map_low_left_quadrant (x, y)
    map_nw_quadrant (x, y)
    map_ne_quadrant (x, y)
    map_se_quadrant (x, y)
    map_sw_quadrant (x, y)
    map_north_half (x, y)
    map_south_half (x, y)
    map_east_half (x, y)
    map_west_half (x, y)
    map_above (row, side)
    map_below (row, side)
    map_left_of (col, side)
    map_right_of (col, side)

map_above_count (row, side)
    map_below_count (row, side)
    map_left_of_count (col, side)
    map_right_of_count (col, side)

map_side (hexcoor)

hexcoor (x, y)
    x (hexcoor)
    y (hexcoor)

range (from, to)
    within (trackids, hexcoor, distance)
    units_within_count (hexcoor, distance, side)

MESSAGING

_message (title, text)
    message (humanonly, title, text)
    message_once (humanonly, title, text, index)
    _note (title, text)
    note (humanonly, title, text)
    note_once (humanonly, title, text, index)
    log (logfile, loglevel, text)
    debug (text)

MISC

ordinal (number)
    random (x)

has_flag (flags, flag)

join (lists)

OBJECTIVES

objective_owner (hexcoor)
    objective_points ()
    objective_values (hexcoor)

set_objective (hexcoor, values, side)
    set_objective_values (hexcoor, values)

REINFORCEMENTS

reinforcement_flags (id)
    reinforcement_hex (id)
    reinforcement_prob (id)
    reinforcement_scatter (id)
    reinforcement_turn (id)
    reinforcement_x (id)
    reinforcement_y (id)

set_reinforcement (id, hexcoor, turn, prob, flags, scatter)
    set_reinforcement_flags (id, flags)
    set_reinforcement_hex (id, hexcoor)
    set_reinforcement_prob (id, prob)
    set_reinforcement_scatter (id, scatter)
    set_reinforcement_turn (id, turn)
    set_reinforcement_x (id, x)
    set_reinforcement_y (id, y)

inc_reinforcement_prob (id, increment)

arrived (id)

RELEASES

release_prob (id)
    release_turn (id)
    released (id)

set_release (id, turn, prob)
    set_release_prob (id, prob)
    set_release_turn (id, turn)

inc_release_prob (id, increment)

SCENARIO

event_points (side)
    set_event_points (side, value)
    inc_event_points (side, increment)

strength (side)
    total_points ()
    total_strength (side)
    losses (side)
    loss_points (side)

average_morale (side)
    morale_shift (nation)
    set_morale_shift (nation, value)
    inc_morale_shift (nation, increment)

advantage ()
    aggressiveness (side)
    air_support (side)
    ammo_level (side)
    arty_ammo_level (side)

set_advantage (value)
    set_aggressiveness (side, value)
    set_air_support (side, value)
    set_ammo_level (side, value)
    set_arty_ammo_level (side, value)

inc_advantage (increment)
    inc_aggressiveness (side, increment)
    inc_air_support (side, increment)
    inc_ammo_level (side, increment)
    inc_arty_ammo_level (side, increment)

major_defeat ()
    major_victory ()
    minor_defeat ()
    minor_victory ()

set_major_defeat (value)
    set_major_victory (value)
    set_minor_defeat (value)
    set_minor_victory (value)

set_victory (majordefeat, minordefeat, minorvictory, majorvictory)

smoke_ammo (side)
    star_shells (side)

set_smoke_ammo (side, value)
    set_star_shells (side, value)

inc_smoke_ammo (side, increment)
    inc_star_shells (side, increment)

SIDES

is_bocage_side (hexcoor, dir)
    is_cliff_side (hexcoor, dir)
    is_crest_side (hexcoor, dir)
    is_ditch_side (hexcoor, dir)
    is_dune_side (hexcoor, dir)
    is_embank_side (hexcoor, dir)
    is_escarpment_side (hexcoor, dir)
    is_ford_side (hexcoor, dir)
    is_gully_side (hexcoor, dir)
    is_heavy_bridge_side (hexcoor, dir)
    is_hedge_side (hexcoor, dir)
    is_high_side (hexcoor, dir)
    is_light_bridge_side (hexcoor, dir)
    is_medium_bridge_side (hexcoor, dir)
    is_minor_river_side (hexcoor, dir)
    is_path_side (hexcoor, dir)
    is_rail_side (hexcoor, dir)
    is_reef_side (hexcoor, dir)
    is_road_side (hexcoor, dir)
    is_stone_side (hexcoor, dir)
    is_stream_side (hexcoor, dir)
    is_unpaved_side (hexcoor, dir)

SCRIPTED AI

at (trackids, hexcoor)
    defend_weak (trackids, hexcoor)
    defend_strong (trackids, hexcoor)
    move_norush (trackids, hexcoor)
    move_rush (trackids, hexcoor)
    attack_weak (trackids, hexcoor)
    attack_strong (trackids, hexcoor)
    attack_banzai (trackids, hexcoor)
    load (trackids, hexcoor)
    unload (trackids, hexcoor)
    take_off (trackids, hexcoor)
    land (trackids, hexcoor)
    ascend (trackids, hexcoor)
    ascend_ground (trackids, hexcoor)
    ascend_noe (trackids, hexcoor)
    ascend_low (trackids, hexcoor)
    ascend_high (trackids, hexcoor)
    descend (trackids, hexcoor)
    descend_low (trackids, hexcoor)
    descend_noe (trackids, hexcoor)
    descend_ground (trackids, hexcoor)
    descend_underground (trackids, hexcoor)
    ascend_move (trackids, hexcoor)
    move_descend (trackids, hexcoor)
    exit (trackids, hexcoor)
    dig_in (trackids, hexcoor)
    reconnoiter (trackids, hexcoor)
    build_light_bridge (trackids, hexcoor, dir)
    build_vehicle_bridge (trackids, hexcoor, dir)
    lay_minefield (trackids, hexcoor)
    set_ied (trackids, hexcoor)
    build_barrier (trackids, hexcoor)
    damage (trackids, hexcoor, dir)
    clear_lz (trackids, hexcoor)

hold (trackids)
    halt (trackids)
    unleash (trackids)

move_way_point (trackids, hexcoors)

< Message edited by berto -- 9/29/2018 2:41:22 PM >

Post #: 779
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/29/2018 7:53:29 PM   
    benpark

Watch out, Berto- don't code those fingers down to the point you will need a giant, room sized keyboard upon which to hop/type upon, not unlike the character in that Tom Hanks film. You might only get the work of 10 coders done, rather than the 20 you seem to have inside your head. Keep on rockin'.

"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey

(in reply to berto)
    Post #: 780
    Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI