Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Generals Edition on SALE!! Right Now

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Generals Edition on SALE!! Right Now Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Generals Edition on SALE!! Right Now - 11/27/2018 7:10:36 PM   
Major_Mess

This is a real deal, and anyone interested in this old, forgotten game should jump on this.
It's on sale at a very appealing price.
I got the D/L for $24 Cdn, which is about $15 American ha ha, so it costs next to nothing.

Here's the page, take a peek HERE!!

I hope that Link works, if not just head to the store and search for Steel Panthers.

I spent a hour or so checking out the 6 different patches for the MC's that are floating around the Internet.
All Patches have been applied by Matrix to this Generals Edition, so the game is good to go, AFTER you D/L and replace the mech.exe file with THIS! patch.
This fixes the Artillery Screen bug, and it corrects the scroll speed of a half-dozen screens.

If you get the GE, you might want to replace the color Palette. The new version has more muted, earth tone colors which get rid of a lot of the vivid, almost cartoonish colors that are present in this offering. Just drop it in the root folder of your install and let it overwrite the original file.
EDIT: Gahhhhhhh, Matrix won't allow that file type.
OK, change the *.txt extension to .LBM, install and you're done.

Pt 2 below this post has a helper program for the MC's

cheers

MM

Attachment (1)

Click below. You know you want to!!

Post #: 1
RE: Generals Edition on SALE!! Right Now - Pt 2 - 11/27/2018 7:15:24 PM   
Major_Mess

There is one file, a helper program I guess.
I haven't played a MC yet, so I haven't dealt with this yet.
Anyways, this is copied from a post by our friend Alby.

"This program is fairly rough - but it does the job :-)

Leaders are not associated with their units in the .cam file - so
the author just put the leaders in order, with their values.

If you have trouble knowing which leaders belong to each unit, they can be renamed
in-game to something more suggestive.

This tool was only been tested on Desert Fox.
This is not really a "patch" but a small program you must open and run between battles to fix the problems.
After you install it in the MC folder, use windows explorer to browse to it and find the executable file icon that starts it. ( It's called MCNA Leader Fixer) Kinda looks like a little page. Actually it's just a little text editor that lets you change characteristics on units. Not the weapons or anything like that but almost anything else that comes up when you R-click a unit while in the game.

The instructions that Anthony, the creator, put in are pretty self explanatory. Once it's opened up, you just chose a .cam file. They are listed by save game NAME. Another little quirk is that when it displays a .cam file, it does it in the order that the units are listed in the HQ tent, but they don't specifically show A0, or B0 or C3 etc. The first characteristic is the leader name, so I just make a listing on a piece of paper of who commands what and what type of unit it is. MCLV is the harder one in that there is so much organic transport included, it's hard to remember what unit was which."

Edit: Matrix doesn't support .zip files either.
Pls change the .txt extension to .zip, and then do your thing.
Edit2: File size too big.
Anyone interested in this, holler at me and I'll get a copy to you ..... somehow.

cheers

MM

Click below. You know you want to!!

(in reply to Major_Mess)
Post #: 2
RE: Generals Edition on SALE!! Right Now - Pt 2 - 4/13/2019 11:29:35 AM   
bladesinger79

Price tag says $49.99 USD. Is this the same game from year 2000 or something completely new? I don't think a 20 year old game should cost anything more than $5.99.

"No Sir, I don't think that's a good idea at all." -last words from unnamed NCO before falling into an enemy ambush.

(in reply to Major_Mess)
Post #: 3
RE: Generals Edition on SALE!! Right Now - Pt 2 - 9/4/2019 2:22:17 AM   
GiveWarAchance

< Message edited by GiveWarAchance -- 9/12/2019 2:00:33 AM >

(in reply to bladesinger79)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Generals Edition on SALE!! Right Now Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI