Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ancient ruins and special form of government

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Ancient ruins and special form of government Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ancient ruins and special form of government - 12/10/2018 1:22:07 PM   
zebanovich

Does anyone know if special form of government(ex. way of darkness) is discoverable by all empires or only to empire that first discovers a ruin?

because I discovered almost entry galaxy all the ruins possible and found no goverment ruin eventhough some other empires did.
Post #: 1
RE: Ancient ruins and special form of government - 12/10/2018 5:31:32 PM   
Aeson

All ruin treasures, special government types included, are awarded only to the first empire to explore the ruin.

The Return of the Shakturi event chain might give you another way to get one of the special government types, though I'm not sure about that; it's been a while since I've played through it. Other than that, if you want to get one of the special government types, I think you'll need to mess around with the in-game editor or with the save file.

(in reply to zebanovich)
Post #: 2
RE: Ancient ruins and special form of government - 12/10/2018 7:01:53 PM   
zebanovich

Thanks, I was afaraid this could be true.

I'll check game editor too.

(in reply to Aeson)
Post #: 3
RE: Ancient ruins and special form of government - 12/10/2018 7:51:33 PM   
Aeson

quote:

ORIGINAL: zebanovich

I'll check game editor too.

The easiest way I know of to use the editor to give yourself one (or both) of the special government types is to spawn in one (or two) Ruin: Special Government objects somewhere close to some of your ships. Once you spawn the ruin in on a planet or moon, double-click on the planet and there should be a drop-down menu somewhere in the lower left corner of the window that pops up which will allow you to select which special government the ruin grants.

Another way is to attach an event which grants one (or both) government type(s) to something, give the event a functional trigger (e.g. investigate ruin or build a research station), and do whatever is required to set off the trigger. If you make a custom event for this, you can set the trigger up so that only the player can trip it, if you so desire, but since you'd be using the game editor to do this for a game which I presume has already gone on for some time you probably don't really need to worry about that; you can just set it up so that you'll be the first one there regardless.

< Message edited by Aeson -- 12/10/2018 7:53:55 PM >

(in reply to zebanovich)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Ancient ruins and special form of government Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI