Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  96 97 [98] 99 100   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/18/2018 9:45:40 AM   
AbwehrX

Superb animation-

Tank Battles Of Tunsia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFl_LQLzbL4

(in reply to AbwehrX)
Post #: 2911
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/22/2018 5:33:50 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

The Cry - a psychological thriller with this rather gorgeous young lady, who is proving herself a damn fine actress with every performance she gives.

warspite1

This excellent 4-parter came to a finish last night. I would recommend this. A very fine drama indeed.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2912
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/24/2018 12:13:44 AM   
RFalvo69

"The Neon Demon", by N. W. Refn. My eldest daughter burned some neurons while attempting to show it to me.

I really liked it, but I can see why is so divisive (I read of people "actively" hating it - whatever it means. In all fairness, the main plot twists comes from the left, left, really left field.

The movie is, to describe it with few words, a modern gothic fable - with a stunning cinematography and a crystalline soundtrack by Cliff Martinez. If you saw (and liked) "Suspiria" by Dario Argento (the original one, not the remake) don't miss this one.

Fun fact:my daughter is studying fashion design. After watching the movie I concluded that some of her tastes are decidedly out there.

"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2913
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/5/2018 1:22:08 AM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: RFalvo69

"The Neon Demon", by N. W. Refn. My eldest daughter burned some neurons while attempting to show it to me.

I really liked it, but I can see why is so divisive (I read of people "actively" hating it - whatever it means. In all fairness, the main plot twists comes from the left, left, really left field.

The movie is, to describe it with few words, a modern gothic fable - with a stunning cinematography and a crystalline soundtrack by Cliff Martinez. If you saw (and liked) "Suspiria" by Dario Argento (the original one, not the remake) don't miss this one.

Fun fact:my daughter is studying fashion design. After watching the movie I concluded that some of her tastes are decidedly out there.

Perhaps you're thinking too hard. It's a simple allegory about Cinderella and her wicked step sisters.

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 2914
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/5/2018 1:24:04 AM   
Zorch

Which actor dies the most in films? Spoiler - it's not Sean Bean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6_ZTh5UCXE

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 2915
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/5/2018 6:28:24 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

This excellent 4-parter came to a finish last night. I would recommend this. A very fine drama indeed.

Would you have tuned in for her two-parter, had it been so expurgated?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2916
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/16/2018 1:00:03 PM   
warspite1

I watched a couple of documentaries recently concerning the Kennedy’s. The first was JFK’s Secret Killer: The Evidence which suggests that a secret service agent in the car behind JFK accidently killed him when he fired off his rifle while attempting to counter the gunman. Interesting.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2917
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/16/2018 1:02:38 PM   
warspite1

The second was The Kennedy’s: Decline and Fall. This was interesting - nothing controversial - that told a brief history of the Kennedy clan. Worth watching.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 11/16/2018 1:11:18 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2918
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/16/2018 3:03:00 PM   
Chickenboy

Shouldn't that be "The Kennedys"? I mean, unless it's possessive: "The Kennedy's wealth..." or a contraction: "John Fitzgerald Kennedy's coming to dinner", why have the unnecessary apostrophe in there. Honestly, if you're going to use guttural pidgeon English, I'll have to resort to Hip-Hop-ese.

And nobody wants that. Yo. Word.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2919
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/16/2018 3:14:33 PM   
Orm

Indeed. Not one wants that. Not even the body. Peace.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2920
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/19/2018 8:02:19 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Shouldn't that be "The Kennedys"? I mean, unless it's possessive: "The Kennedy's wealth..." or a contraction: "John Fitzgerald Kennedy's coming to dinner", why have the unnecessary apostrophe in there. Honestly, if you're going to use guttural pidgeon English, I'll have to resort to Hip-Hop-ese.

And nobody wants that. Yo. Word.
warspite1

Whoops! Respec dude.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2921
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/19/2018 8:11:50 AM   
warspite1

Dynasties Another David Attenborough masterpiece. Episode 2 was about the Emperor penguins in the Antarctic and their breeding grounds on the sea ice that forms in the winter (and so safe from predators). However, although safe from predators they are not safe from the weather - which is brutal. The programme tracked the penguins from mating to the return to their normal habitat once the babies were fully grown. The photography was outstanding but word of warning: have plenty of hankerchiefs at the ready, elements of this programme were very sad.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2922
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/25/2018 6:40:17 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Dynasties Another David Attenborough masterpiece. Episode 2 was about the Emperor penguins in the Antarctic and their breeding grounds on the sea ice that forms in the winter (and so safe from predators). However, although safe from predators they are not safe from the weather - which is brutal. The programme tracked the penguins from mating to the return to their normal habitat once the babies were fully grown. The photography was outstanding but word of warning: have plenty of hankerchiefs at the ready, elements of this programme were very sad.
warspite1

No one else watch this?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2923
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/25/2018 6:41:10 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

warspite1

No one else watch this?

I ma afraid not.

I've been watching Narcos: Mexico

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2924
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/25/2018 7:49:13 PM   
RFalvo69

Daredevil Season 3 (on Netflix).

Boy... the traditional "fight shown in a single tracking shot" is above and beyond anything previously seen on TV I couldn't believe my eyes.

I'm half-way through, and this is shaping to be the best Daredevil season yet.

"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2925
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/25/2018 8:05:36 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

quote:

warspite1

No one else watch this?

I ma afraid not.

I've been watching Narcos: Mexico

I enjoyed the first two seasons. How's this one?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2926
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/25/2018 8:16:08 PM   
Orm

I liked it. But not as good as the "original" three seasons. I felt it speeded over to much and found it hard to connect with main characters. I suspect that, now they have made the introduction to Mexico, things will improve. With that said it is a interesting, and depressing, story they tell.

Edit: Can't have been that bad since I watched all ten episodes in three days.

< Message edited by Orm -- 11/25/2018 8:17:21 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2927
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/8/2018 12:12:32 AM   
Curtis Lemay

Tora! Tora! Tora!

Duh.

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2928
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/8/2018 1:46:35 AM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

Tora! Tora! Tora!

Duh.

Did you get the urge to play War in the Pacific?

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 2929
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/8/2018 2:37:05 AM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

Tora! Tora! Tora!

Duh.

Did you get the urge to play War in the Pacific?

No. But I probably should play my "Pearl Harbor 1941" scenario.

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 2930
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/10/2018 4:06:19 PM   
alfresco

I'm just now getting around to Ken Burns' "The War."

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 2931
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/10/2018 5:18:28 PM   
warspite1

Clique series 1 and 2 and The Sinner series 1 (both showing on BBC iplayer)

Clique - no idea how to classify this. It's a bit different - if a little strange, but worth sticking with. The Sinner (Bill Pullman, Jessica Biel) is a very good murder mystery. I'd recommend this.

Fortitude III (Sky Atlantic)

Based on the first episode of Fortitude, I think maybe they should have stopped at II - but I'll give it a bit longer....

(in reply to alfresco)
Post #: 2932
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/10/2018 8:42:02 PM   
Red2112

31st Annual Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz Lecture Series...

"Modern War in Theory and Practice" presented by Dr. John A. Nagl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ypxEqYl4c

Red

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2933
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/11/2018 1:23:58 AM   
Mike Dubost

In honor of the brave men and a few women caught in the Phillipines by the outbreak of WW II, They Were Expendable.

My annual tradition of either that or In Harm's Way for the weekend or at least the first few weekdays after December 7.

(in reply to Red2112)
Post #: 2934
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/14/2018 1:53:34 AM   
nicwb

"Das Boot" - not the original movie with Juergen Prochnow but a recent 2018 German/French tv production- serial of 8 episodes - just watched Ep 2.

(in reply to Mike Dubost)
Post #: 2935
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/21/2018 5:29:32 PM   
Zorch

I'm watching the trailer for the forthcoming Downton Abbey movie. https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/dec/20/downton-abbey-movie-trailer-what-we-learned

Lots of gorgeous shots of clocks, bells, and ornate decorations.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to nicwb)
Post #: 2936
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 12/31/2018 9:17:45 AM   
warspite1

Les Miserables - this is a 6-parter from the BBC and not a musical. First episode was very good. Great cast.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 2937
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/1/2019 9:38:20 PM   
redcoat

I've been watching some of the Tank Chats on The Tank Museum (Bovington) channel on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTankMuseum

“‘Who controls the past,’ ran the Party slogan, ‘controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.’”

George Orwell, 1984

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2938
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/2/2019 2:10:09 AM   
Chickenboy

Just rewatched the original Blade Runner as background context for watching Bladerunner 2049 later this week. I haven't seen the original in 30 years. It's aged well and I appreciated aspects of the humanity more than I used to. For it's time it also had very immersive ambience and cinematography.

(in reply to redcoat)
Post #: 2939
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 1/2/2019 10:02:46 AM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Just rewatched the original Blade Runner as background context for watching Bladerunner 2049 later this week. I haven't seen the original in 30 years. It's aged well and I appreciated aspects of the humanity more than I used to. For it's time it also had very immersive ambience and cinematography.

You should watch this before seeing the (excellent IMHO) new Blade Runner; it bridges the gap. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMP1YpQSGhQ
Which version of the original did you watch?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2940
Page:   <<   < prev  96 97 [98] 99 100   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  96 97 [98] 99 100   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI