Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Incorrect Map Size

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Incorrect Map Size Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Incorrect Map Size - 6/17/2003 5:28:35 PM   
RobW

All, ok I have decided to start creating my first map. I created it as 100x40 BUT after placing the hills on the map I am copying found out that it should really be 60x40. how can I resize the map? Is this possible without starting again?

For all interested I am looking at a small British/German engagement near Soudevalle on August 10th 1944. Forces involved - 1 platoon of tanks from 2nd armoured, Irish guards infantry vs 1 panther and some German infantry (might extend to include single German 88 that was involved but not shown on the map I have)

Thanks for the advice
Rob
Post #: 1
- 6/17/2003 6:50:40 PM   
Warrior

I'm emailing a tutorial that will solve your proglem and show you how to do it using the map editor in the "Chlanda" folder of the game.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to RobW)
Post #: 2
- 6/19/2003 2:59:55 PM   
RobW

REMF - thanks for this....following on I have completed the map & deployment - however the Birtish Infantry have the std 2" mortars which, according to my source for this engaement they did not have - how can I remove them from the game?

(in reply to RobW)
Post #: 3
- 6/19/2003 6:20:09 PM   
Warrior

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RobW
[B]REMF - thanks for this....following on I have completed the map & deployment - however the Birtish Infantry have the std 2" mortars which, according to my source for this engaement they did not have - how can I remove them from the game? [/B][/QUOTE]

You can remove the 2" mortars a couple of ways, but the easiest is to just set their ammo loads to "0" with the Editor.

(in reply to RobW)
Post #: 4
- 6/19/2003 7:28:40 PM   
RobW

ok, thats one way - how about burnt out tanks as the start of the game?

(in reply to RobW)
Post #: 5
- 6/20/2003 5:41:38 PM   
Warrior

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RobW
[B]ok, thats one way - how about burnt out tanks as the start of the game? [/B][/QUOTE]

It's time to remind you to read the manual. :) But, the only way I know to do this without using icons which are exclusive to the Mega Campaigns is to buy the units you want to have destroyed, then buy enemy units which will be able to destroy them. Start the scenario and destroy the tanks (or whatever) and save the scenario. Now copy the save files to the the scen folder, rename it scenxxx, and in the editor delete the enemy units. Now save the map, and continue with designing the scenario using the map, and you should have the destroyed vehicles.

(in reply to RobW)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Incorrect Map Size Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI